The Invisible Hood Phenomenon

prettyunsmart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I may be alone in this, but since I wanted to play a solid pirate game more than I wanted to play another Assassin's Creed game, one of the first things I did when the world opened up was seek out a more pirate-like outfit (the Shark Hunter suit did nicely).

However, the game seems to assume that the player will always be wearing some variation on the regular Assassin's robes since so many cutscenes end with Edward dramatically putting up his hood, or if you are wearing a non-hooded outfit, making a weird hand gesture around his head.

I just thought I'd share.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Where the fuck are the pirate hats?

Hippasus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jimbo you can unlock the "Edward the Legend" outfit with ubisoft credit, its pretty nice, although I didn't like the eye patch.

@prettyunsmart And the whole invisible hood will happen with every other outfit that doesn't have a hood, I think its annoying as well. Using the Mayan outfit right now and same shit....

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah that is annoying, they also have a bunch of plot moments where characters point out that you are dressed as an assassin.... even if you aren't.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The whole hood thing is just silly, since even when he's wearing the robes he usually doesn't use the hood. There's literally situations where he does the dramatic hood move at the end of a cutscene and like 2 seconds later once in gameplay he takes it off again.

BackupPanic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As much as I hated it at times in ACIII, I think I would have preferred them change you back into the default Assassin's robes for cutscenes. Though, I didn't like how they swapped the colors back, even if you were wearing the default robes, as I much preferred slinking around in the white/red variant.

avantegardener

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Yeah, non hood syndrome is annoyink.

Klei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

As much as I hated it at times in ACIII, I think I would have preferred them change you back into the default Assassin's robes for cutscenes. Though, I didn't like how they swapped the colors back, even if you were wearing the default robes, as I much preferred slinking around in the white/red variant.

They used higher-resolution models for cutscenes. That's why, all of a sudden, Connor looked super detailed in cutscenes. For AC4, I believe they use Edward's model all along.

BackupPanic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah, nonetheless, I still think it would have been better to us the actually in-game model. It didn't look all that more detailed to me, and I played far more of that game than most people seemed to.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

Invisible Hood is my rap name

Aviar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I noticed this the other day after donning the feline pelt outfit.

When I saw the animation for the hood, I kind of just laughed and quickly switched back to my normal pirate captain's outfit as if I had to see that constantly I knew it would annoy the hell out of me.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Yeah, it's amazing, much better than if he didn't have the hood animation.

Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By Dallas_Raines

It's crazy that the two special costumes don't have hoods, especially the Mayan one. It's silly that costumes introduced in cut scenes would then break them.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

The whole "assassin" outfit is in desperate need of an overhaul. The hood made sense in AC1 but has since completely lost relevance. Who would wear an outfit like that on the high seas?

BigManStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i thought it was pretty fucking funny, but yeah, it was dumb. Id been using the templar armor basically the whole game.

RawknRo11a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

yea, had this happen late game while wearing the Mayan outfit you get for collecting all those stupid Mayan stone things. When I saw it I was caught completely off guard. Pretty fucking funny if you ask me.

newhaap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In the Freedom Cry DLC I started getting the opposite, I'll call it... the spring-loaded hood phenomenon? Adewale would put down his hood and then - boop - the hood would just spring back up again.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Naw, man Kenway just be poppin' his polo shirt collar like any frat boy.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I actually preferred it. It made it seem like he was getting himself 'in the zone' for the crazy shit he was about to pull off. "Take on an entire army of dudes by myself? Alright, let's fucking do this shit, woosh."

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By ArtisanBreads

Hard to be critical when they are giving you more options.