Apparent frame rate workaround fix

Garris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I don't know what happened with my other thread.

Apparently if you disconnect your console or pc from the network there is a noticeable improvement in the frame rate.

Saw people talking about it on reddit and neogaf

Will report back after kids go to bed

dOm_CaTz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I saw this and was curious to try it out and then ran into the bug that makes the game crash when you enter a certain district. It's one thing to be unoptimized on PC like AC 3 was but goddamn this game was just not ready for prime time,

Belegorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Belegorm

I also heard about this, lots of people have reported up to 10 FPS gain, and many have suspected it's due to the dumb Uplay not being connected.

deskp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Works like a magic. Ubisoft really should spread the word, alot of people would get a much better gaming experience knowing this.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@belegorm said:

I also heard about this, lots of people have reported up to 10 FPS gain, and many have suspected it's due to the dumb Uplay not being connected.

Yeah I got a much better framerate in Far Cry 3 when I unhooked it from UPlay so I can't say I'm surprised.

Basm321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What the fucking fuck. Ubisoft hampers their game with a completely uneccisary "service" that has no actualy purpose. Ooooooo wow a mediocre gun/item that could have just been in the game rather than unlocked through uplay with friggen uplay credits. This is absurd

CrimsonHigh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't Watch Dogs have an issue with this at launch? I remember that the framerate dropped whenever I went online with uPlay, but worked absolutely fine while in offline mode.

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Huh, so does this mean that technically, pirates (Since their copies are void of Uplay and Steam integration) have the superior versions of the game?

Granted everyone can get this improvement by disconnecting, but it's just a funny thought I had.

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I only hope this means there's smoother-running AC Unity out there, that Ubisoft will eventually reach. I'd still like to try the game at some point, but in it's current state I'm avoiding it with good reason.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@corevi: Oh no? I haven't played the game yet, but unless Co-op is insanely cool, the loss of those features seem pretty minor when it comes to making your game run significantly better.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Now that really is shitty and indefensible. It's one thing to say that you're OK with a shit framerate because the game is pretty, it's another to say that you're OK with a shit framerate when it's an online service causing the issue. That is not OK in any way.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc86d541ecee
deactivated-5fc86d541ecee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Digital Foundry tested this on the PS4 and didn't find any correlation.

We've now tested single-player with the console online and offline, and report no game-changing difference to the overall experience. In some cases, running offline is faster, while in others performance is the same or lower. If there is any improvement, it's very, very small and we're inclined to think this is just down to the variation in engine load between the two sessions. Certainly, there's little evidence to suggest that running offline brings us appreciably closer to the target 30fps.

Garris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@friendlyphoenix: ya I don't have the best eye when it comes to frame rates , but I noticed no discernible difference.