Are you getting Unity the day it comes out?

• 106 results
Avatar image for killer_meatballs
killer_meatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Poll Are you getting Unity the day it comes out? (169 votes)

Yes 38%
No 72%

This game looks amazing to me. The improved stealth, and parkour; and the world itself; I am very much looking forward to this game.

I couldn't get into AC3-played it for a bit, but found it boring, and didn't get AC4 when it first came out, but ended up getting it a month later and LOVED it!

So I'm just curious to see how many will get it on release day.

• 
Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Corevi

I have no interest in the co-op and they took out the competitive multiplayer so I have no problem waiting till the Steam Christmas Sale and getting it for 33% off or whatever.

Far Cry 4 on the other hand is gonna be a day 1 purchase.

slyspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I don't trust Ubi anymore so no, I'll wait a bit

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I have to know, because I have a problem. So yes.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

There are too many great looking games coming around the same time. I might buy it as a Christmas present for myself.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Considering there's no competitive multi, AC doesn't need co-op (aside from Wolfpack which was excellent), and there's little or no ship combat probably not, it would have to have a ridiculously good plot and that seems unlikely even though Robespierre is a crazy mofo.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I like Assassin Creed games so yah probably.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll wait until spring to pick it up. Too many other games coming out this winter that I want to play more.

hacksword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not sure I'm getting Unity at all, let alone on launch day.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

If it reviews well Ill pick it up on black friday, assuming there's a discount (there usually is for the new ass creed games).

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Nah. I think Black Flag was the final game for me when it comes to Assassin's Creed. I loved a couple of the previous ones, but I think its time for someone to take my place in fandom and enjoy them anew!

killer_meatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By killer_meatballs

The parkour looks amazing. From what I've read (and seen) it looks like Ubisoft has really listened to the fans criticisms and improved on a lot of things.

I could care less about multiplayer, so that doesn't bother me one bit.

Now if they only improved (or got rid of) the trailing mechanic, that would be awesome.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will definitely get it eventually, but because I'm sticking with last gen for just a little while longer I am actually more excited for Rogue.

killer_meatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xyzygy I am intrigued by Rogue, will definitely pick that up when ported to PS4. Assuming it does, that is.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc86d541ecee
deactivated-5fc86d541ecee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably. I've yet to be disappointed by an Assassin's Creed game and I'm super excited for the series to be back in a big city environment. And if the adaptive mission objectives they've been lightly talking about actually work properly, that has the potential to be really fucking cool and get rid of some of the frustration around certain missions(read: all of those goddamn eavesdropping ones).

a_e_martin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By a_e_martin

It looks exactly the same as the previous few games, with minimal changes. I won't fall for it again.

I kind of liked Watch Dogs, but there's only so much Ubisoft I can take in a year. Jury's still out on Far Cry 4, too. 3 never really got its hooks in me.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will probably never buy Unity, if I'm being totally honest.

Patman99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Patman99

Although I am hopeful, I want to see some reviews first.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

I generally don't buy any games the day they come out. I like to wait for footage, reviews, and to gauge the GB community's opinion on something before I plunk down up to $60 on a game.

s80007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, pre ordered it. I am getting a physical copy for the PC. Psst, dont tell anyone that PC games in India are cheap, getting mine for about 20 dollars. :)

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I have no choice but to play every AC game.

Zella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Zella

I have really enjoyed just about every AC game, the exception being Revelations, so I am almost certainly gonna get Unity day one. From all the gameplay that I have seen it really does look like an actual step forward for the series. I really enjoyed the city focused games more than 3 or 4 so the return to a major city and getting rid of the boat stuff is fine with me.

killer_meatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By killer_meatballs

@zella Agree about the step forward for the series. For those who say it looks like every other AC game, have to wonder if they have seen any of the gameplay videos.

I'm not saying it will be without problems, but they definitely have taken steps to improve the game.

I can only hope it plays as well as it looks in the videos.

bwheeeler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Every damn AC game gets down to, like, $30 or $40 on Black Friday. So I'll wait a week or two.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ArtisanBreads

What has really improved stealth or parkour wise? I've seen them pimping out the co-op and graphics but haven't seen those addressed.

I need to be won back. I didn't like III and IV fizzled out after enjoying the beginning. The mission design is just too shit to put up with and the rest is showing its age. And while II had a great story and Brotherhood a pretty good one, III and IV both sucked on that front.

killer_meatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@artisanbreads: As far as parkour, they have dedicated up and down buttons- now you won't accidentally jump off something while trying to navigate down a wall etc. Also, you can parkour at an angle now. I can't describe it accurately, but if you watch the gameplay video, it makes sense, and the parkour looks seamless.

Stealth-wise, there is a crouch button now, and using that, the game knows you are going for stealth and you won't accidentally go out of it and trigger an action you did not intend. Again, the video makes more sense than how I describe it!

Like I said, not saying these are foolproof, and will work without fail, but they have addressed it.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

killer_meatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@artisanbreads: No problem. You should watch the videos. I'll be honest, when I first heard about this game I was meh about it, even though I loved AC4. But the more I read about it- and saw the videos, I was hooked.

I assumed they just cranked out this game, but they actually have been working on it for years. Hopefully it pays off.

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Probably. Regardless of their ups-and-downs I'm in love enough with the historical nature of the AC games that I get a play through most of them on release (Revelations being the exception because cmooooooon).

bassguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

Certainly not on day one. I'm pretty tired of that franchise.

The only way I could see them pulling me in is if it gets nigh-on universal praise upon release. If it ends up being a serious GOTY contender, I'll probably play it just so I can form my own opinion of it.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By NTM

Yeah, I think so. It looks like an actual current-gen Assassin's Creed, and I'm interested in how they do the love story. The mechanics looks improved well enough over the past to make me interested there too. I don't personally care for the co-op stuff, but it could be cool (not that I'd try it though, I don't know). AC3 was the worst game in the series, so that coupled with the fact they put it out annually, even though they work on them over a few years, it can get tiring, but I enjoyed four, and this just looks new enough to have my interest. I love the Ezio trilogy.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope, I'm done with that franchise. (I mean it this time!)

UitDeToekomst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By UitDeToekomst

I wish there was another option in the poll... I hope to get it day one, but can't say for sure until about a week before it comes out due to my travel-filled schedule. also, get rid of the terrible boat shit.

therealnelsk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't really watched any coverage, and probably will before I make my decision. I *love* AC, AC2 and Brotherhood are two of my favs of all time. Rev and 3 just killed the series for me, but I enjoyed parts of BF (never finished).

At this point I'm cautiously optimistic. It's a probable purchase for me, but I think I'm going to wait for some commentary from the crew beforehand. 3 looked amazing and we all know how that turned out...

killer_meatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By killer_meatballs
MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#35  Edited By MEATBALL

Yes, it looks pretty damn cool and the Assassin's Creed series is one I have consistently enjoyed every year. I even really liked Assassin's Creed 3 and Revelations. Yup. I'm a terrible person.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#36 chaser324  Moderator

For as much as I liked AC IV, I'm still uneasy about the state of the AC franchise as a whole. With so many other games I'm interested in coming out in the next couple of months, I'll likely hold off a little bit to gauge whether or not people like it.

spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

Yes . After Black Flag , I'm fully back on board with the franchise .

See what I did there ?!....

gkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By gkhan

My first Assassin's Creed was AC2, and I've played every one since then. That's five games, and there have only really been one dud in the bunch (AC3), I've very much enjoyed all the other ones. I don't know if I'll get it on launch day, but I'll get it sooner or later. This is arguably the most dependable franchise in gaming, both in terms of schedule and quality.

(edit: and even AC3 wasn't terrible, just sort-of mediocre)

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Corevi
@meatball said:

Yes, it looks pretty damn cool and the Assassin's Creed series is one I have consistently enjoyed every year. I even really liked Assassin's Creed 3 and Revelations. Yup. I'm a terrible person.

Everytime you make a post about one of your opinions making you an awful human being I agree with it wholeheartedly. Revelations and 3 were both really fun even if they weren't groundbreaking.

#HookbladeGate

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By toowalrus

Prooooooobably not. I don't want to play this without finishing IV, and I don't want to play IV without finishing III, and I never want to go back to III because it's too god damn boring to finish so I'll probably never play another Assassin's Creed game again.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toowalrus: Just skip 3 and play 4. It tells you everything you need to know about the events of 3 as soon as it is relevant.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#42  Edited By MEATBALL

@meatball said:

Everytime you make a post about one of your opinions making you an awful human being I agree with it wholeheartedly. Revelations and 3 were both really fun even if they weren't groundbreaking.

#HookbladeGate

High five for poor taste!!

How great was Borderlands 2? Right? RIGHT? >________>

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

The Assassin's Creed formula wore thin on me after the first game. I'm that minority that really loved that first release, but maybe that repetition soured me on all future titles.

I know Unity is slightly different and aided by the power of current-gen consoles, but my skepticism will keep me at bay until I'm convinced. Not that I think the game will be bad, but even a good Assassin's Creed game doesn't seem to grasp my own personal gaming tastes these days.

killer_meatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I completely agree with those who have trepidation about AC in general. While I loved 1 & 2, I didn't finish them. But that was solely due to my skills (or lack thereof.)

I skipped Brotherhood and Revelations for reasons I don't remember.

I bought AC3 and played it for a bit, but found it very repetitive and uninteresting, so I just gave up.

Because of my experience with AC3 I didn't give much thought to AC4, but since I'm a pirate fan, I bought it about a month later and loved it. Though some would say (and I can't completely disagree) it wasn't much of a AC game, more-so just a pirate game.

But, like I've said, after reading and seeing gameplay of Unity, I am completely sold. I have high hopes.

goonage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always wait before I buy a game, so I can check reviews and make sure various bugs are fixed.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes. This will be the second AC game I buy day one, the first being AC3's collectors edition, aka the AC game I spent $130 on and was so disappointed with. I borrowed Black Flag, beat it like a month ago. Didn't really care for all the boat stuff and the gameplay felt dated so I'm excited for all the changes in Unity. If anything, I'll just parkour up and down buildings for hours.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm a sucker for Assassin's Creed and I would, but I doubt I'll be able to play it on my PC considering how badly Watch Dogs ran.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I may just because there aren't many games I want this year. And France looks cool. I'm still not sure if I have another Assassins Creed in me though.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

Nah. The only assured day-1 purchases for me come the October-November months are The Evil Within and Dragon Age: Inquisition. I may still get Unity before the year is up, but certainly not on day of release.

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

@yummylee said:

Nah. The only assured day-1 purchases for me come the October-November months are The Evil Within and Dragon Age: Inquisition. I may still get Unity before the year is up, but certainly not on day of release.