• 50 results
#1 Posted by Aegon (5638 posts) -

Said to be one of two AC games released this fall, Unity is now pretty much confirmed with these leaked screens. The setting is Paris. Look at this french "assassin".

#2 Edited by Aegon (5638 posts) -
#3 Posted by Dallas_Raines (2161 posts) -

Huh, so it really did get leaked on a plane again.

#4 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5512 posts) -

Paris sounds like a fantastic setting for an Ac game. Really interested to see what the other will be. Ac 4 really turned me back onto the whole franchise again, so getting 2 more the very next year's exciting for me, although I'm sure the internet at large aren't too thrilled.

#5 Posted by Superfriend (1554 posts) -

Pretty cool, but they are going to have to ditch the ship stuff, right?

Was hoping for a bit of a modern setting, but this seems okay.

#6 Posted by Hunter5024 (5684 posts) -

Paris? This was not on my list of desired locations. People really wanted the French Revolution right? Maybe this is that.

#7 Posted by Marcsman (3198 posts) -

No ships???

No me then................

#8 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4750 posts) -

After AC4 I don't want another one and certainly not another two.

#9 Posted by Aegon (5638 posts) -

I'd just like to add that holstering your gun behind your back seems like an easy way to get assassinated.

#10 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -

Interesting. Though AC4 did the opposite for me that it seemed to do for others--I'm not exactly hot to trot for the series at the moment.

#11 Posted by ll_Exile_ll (1703 posts) -

Not that graphics are that important, but for the supposed "next/current gen" only version, it doesn't look any better than AC4.

#12 Posted by Kevin_Cogneto (1075 posts) -

Black Flag 2 or Bust.

#13 Posted by wrecks (2257 posts) -

No Ship. No Sail.

#14 Posted by Humanity (9257 posts) -

Still with the goddamn hood.

#15 Posted by Aegon (5638 posts) -

@humanity:

It makes you inconspicuous among a crowd of not-hooded plebs. It's like you're not even there.

#16 Posted by RazielCuts (2954 posts) -

@wrecks said:

No Ship. No Sail.

London too apparently? The thing that actually depresses me about this is the 'One of Two AC games to be released this Fall.' Ugh, I already have AC fatigue, do you want me to fall into a coma, Ubisoft, do you want that?

#17 Edited by JacDG (2125 posts) -

Haven't played one since Brotherhood which I stopped playing half way through, but this might get me back in. Paris is a damn awesome city (I've been there a few times) and a cool setting for this game.

#18 Posted by MB (12409 posts) -

I'm normally not interested in AC games, but having spent quite a bit of time in Paris (and the rest of France) over the years, I'll be playing this for sure. Notre Dame should be tons of fun to climb on.

#19 Posted by kishinfoulux (2307 posts) -

Fucking lame. Give me Japan already.

#20 Posted by toshi0815 (52 posts) -

Not that graphics are that important, but for the supposed "next/current gen" only version, it doesn't look any better than AC4.

Did you even take a closer look? They're just very early screenshots, here's a ton of stuff still missing. The floor and "walls" are see-through, no sky and no grass or anything like that.

Also {draw weapon}, {parkour up/down} ... so not even the HUD is finished.

#21 Posted by Krullban (1036 posts) -

Seriously? You really think these screenshots are final?

#22 Posted by spraynardtatum (2953 posts) -

I'll wait and see. I'd love to see them throw away the rulebook on this one and do something innovating.

#23 Posted by Cerberus3Dog (336 posts) -

Paris was one of those rumored locations along with feudal Japan that has been floating around for years. The architecture/ setting will be cool to see at least. It will be interesting to see whether this is the after Haussmanization or before because the Paris we know today (uniform buildings, large open roads) was renovated several decades after the French Revolution.

#24 Posted by ll_Exile_ll (1703 posts) -

@toshi0815:

@krullban said:

@ll_exile_ll said:

Seriously? You really think these screenshots are final?

My bad, I just took a quick glance. Though, considering the game is like 6-8 months away from release, these screens seem very early considering what something like Watch Dogs looked like 2 years prior to release.

#25 Posted by Rebel_Scum (712 posts) -

In the second picture I swear those vases on the railing were in AC2 and Brohood. The setting looks really dull to me.

Also what this guy said:

After AC4 I don't want another one and certainly not another two.

#26 Edited by Kevin_Cogneto (1075 posts) -

@razielcuts said:

The thing that actually depresses me about this is the 'One of Two AC games to be released this Fall.' Ugh, I already have AC fatigue, do you want me to fall into a coma, Ubisoft, do you want that?

They've all but announced that Black Flag is being spun off into its own series. It's not yet official, but it's generally accepted as truth. I'm all in favor of splitting the series, personally. Keep your climb-buildings-jump-into-haybales-stab-dudes-in-face-and-neck stuff out of my pirate game, and I'll keep my sail-around-aimlessly-listen-to-a-sea-shanty-throw-a-harpoon-at-a-shark stuff out of your faux-historical assassination game. That way we can all be happy.

#27 Posted by Brendan (7810 posts) -

I'm one of those in the group of players that happily hopped off the boat, satisfied, after Brotherhood. I wonder if this is the one that will get me back in?

Merely hearing about AC all the time, along with knowing that they have less dev time with the yearly release schedule to really mix things up on a conceptual/design level, has put me off the franchise for a few years now.

#28 Edited by DonChipotle (2760 posts) -

So is this where we learn that Desmond is related to Sean Devlin?

#29 Edited by Korwin (2864 posts) -
#30 Edited by Zirilius (650 posts) -
@korwin said:

@kishinfoulux said:

No.

I thought they've said they won't do Japan cause its too cliche.

#31 Edited by ThatOneDudeNick (584 posts) -

I never liked the AC games until AC4, so I'm not sure how I feel about this. I can't see where they can take the series that would get me excited. As someone that doesn't care about the story in these games, I'm satisfied after AC4. Hopefully they add some new gameplay mechanic that's as fun as sailing. Otherwise I don't think I need another 20 hours of cutting dudes up and tailing missions.

#32 Posted by BisonHero (6527 posts) -

On the one hand, maybe they learned that architecture in the New World isn't the most interesting to climb on because it's not nearly as grandiose and doesn't have the same level of stonework going on. On the other hand, man, they really have been focusing in on Europe and the Middle East for the whole series, all in the last millenium.

I would've preferred either anywhere in Asia, or if they're going to stick to Europe/Middle East, at least go way back into antiquity and show me ancient Greece or ancient Egypt.

#33 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11739 posts) -

Ehhhhh.... I think my favorite parts of Black Flag were the parts least connected to it being an Assassin's Creed game. Basically, they should ditch that "ancient aliens justify stabbing people in the face and neck" nonsense and just make a game about being a pirate. And then they should team up with Firaxis and make it Sid Meier's Pirates 2, incorporating both 3rd person action and freeform piracy to make the best pirate-y game that has ever been made.

#34 Posted by InfiniteGeass (2054 posts) -

I won't care about another AC game unless they do Japan or China.

#35 Posted by Humanity (9257 posts) -

@aegon said:

@humanity:

It makes you inconspicuous among a crowd of not-hooded plebs. It's like you're not even there.

Just look for the guy with the really conspicuous outfit with a huge A on it, 16 pistols strapped all over his body and a big ol' hoodie.

#36 Posted by Clonedzero (4200 posts) -

So basically this thread exists for everyone to talk about how they TOTALLY dont care about assassins creed anymore?

#37 Edited by Korwin (2864 posts) -

@zirilius said:
@korwin said:

@kishinfoulux said:

No.

I would certainly hope so, because they're right.

#38 Posted by cloudnineboya (821 posts) -

think i might be done with this serious now. going to really need to up the game play with new fresh ideas to get me close to getting back on board.

#39 Posted by Castiel (2616 posts) -

Looks pretty good for a unity game.

#40 Posted by Aegon (5638 posts) -

@humanity said:

@aegon said:

@humanity:

Just look for the guy with the really conspicuous outfit with a huge A on it, 16 pistols strapped all over his body and a big ol' hoodie.

*gasp*

"ASSASSINO!"

#41 Posted by crithon (3247 posts) -

well..... looks like I'm going to be hitting those codecs and playing this game like a virtual tour gide of france. Nice.

#42 Edited by Strife777 (1580 posts) -

This is pretty clearly an early build, not meant to be seen by the public. With that in mind, it looks pretty sharp. I'm curious to see it fully formed.

I think it would be fair to assume there is no more sailing in this one and I'm happy about that. It was tons of fun in AC4, but I want something new.

I'm not going to lie, I'm sort of an AC "fanboy." I'll gladly admit its faults, but I can't help but be excited for every single one.

Edit: Oh and the "parkour up" "parkour down" are intriguing. Not sure what they're suppose to mean. Maybe we'll see a big overhaul to the navigation system.

#43 Edited by EricSmith (325 posts) -

I'm just going to leave this here, St. Malo, France:

#44 Posted by Aegon (5638 posts) -

@korwin said:

@zirilius said:
@korwin said:

@kishinfoulux said:

No.

I would certainly hope so, because they're right.

I agree to a certain point, but we haven't gotten a legit decent samurai game (at least in the West). I want something with the production value of Red Dead Redemption. A beautifully detailed world that you roam around in and take on samurai duties would be awesome. The combat would have to feel realistic. Imagine walking or riding up to the shores of a beach, to the agreed upon spot of a duel with another samurai....the sun is setting on the blood red waters.

Gah, I want that game so bad.

#45 Edited by Turtlebird95 (2389 posts) -

It looks okay, but I'm not really interested in that setting, and thus I'm once again backing away from the series. I'll totally play Pirates Creed or whatever Ubisoft's inevitable pirate franchise is though.

#46 Posted by NoRemnants (384 posts) -

@ll_exile_ll: These are clearly early screenshots of a game in development. In one you can see missing textures (the red and blue areas in the second screenshot). And they are clearly using lots of really low poly models and low resolution textures at this point. Do you really think a next-gen only title would look worse than the last one?

#47 Posted by xyzygy (9992 posts) -

Really cool, I'm super excited. But I'm one of them who thinks that every single main Assassin's Creed game was amazing.

#48 Posted by GunstarRed (5186 posts) -

That sure does look like another Assassin's Creed game.

#49 Posted by Disaya (290 posts) -

Although I'm still burnt out from AC, I think AC set during the French Revolution sounds cool and interesting.

#50 Posted by SlashDance (1815 posts) -

You know what, for what looks like a very early version, it totally looks like Paris already.

I live there, so I'm probably biased, but this is the most exciting thing to happen to the franchise since AC2 for me. I can't fucking wait.