Edited 8 months, 18 days ago

Poll: Your favorite assassins creed game? (57 votes)

AC1 5%
AC2 30%
AC brotherhood 33%
AC revelations 2%
AC3 4%
AC4 26%

I can't decide whether AC2 was actually better than AC4 or if its just nostalgia because I'm really loving black flag!

#1 Edited by Demoskinos (14778 posts) -

I can't say for sure yet but damn I sailed a ship through a hurricane last night and that was hella cool.

#2 Posted by Klei (1768 posts) -

AC3 for me. Not the best story / pacing, but the best setting and combat of the franchise. Ac4 is great, but the combat / combat animations aren't as smooth and refined as AC3, for some odd reason.

#3 Posted by ArtisanBreads (3804 posts) -

I think AC 2 for sure, though I am liking AC IV so far (about 30% completion I think). But I don't think the plot is as compelling and I think AC 2 was a tighter experience. But still a lot to go!

AC 2 had my second favorite ending this gen and the glitch puzzles were very great.

#4 Edited by Yummylee (21547 posts) -

I've only played up to Brotherhood, with that as my favourite at that.

#5 Posted by Bulby33 (590 posts) -

My favourite is ACII (Venice is still the best city in all AC games) but Brotherhood is very close behind.

I also really enjoyed Black Flag on my Xbone. It's a lot better than I thought it would be.

#6 Posted by BIGJEFFREY (4984 posts) -

ass creed 2, just a leap forward over ass1. Also i like Ezio.

#7 Posted by OldGuy (1552 posts) -

AC2 still had stealth that mattered, charging the gate to get to your target was about as hard as (or even a bit harder than) figuring out how to get in and out without being seen.

Since then it's just too easy to kill everyone rather than waste time looking for the sneaky way...

#8 Posted by natetodamax (19193 posts) -

Definitely Brotherhood.

#9 Posted by TwoLines (2804 posts) -

Man, was Assassin's Creed 2 booooring.

I'm having a blast with 4.

#10 Posted by Brendan (7778 posts) -

Brotherhood, although I never played one after that. I did watch all the cutscenes for AC:R and that epilogue mini movie about the last days of Ezios life to get his complete life story.

#11 Edited by cfilipec (30 posts) -

Difficult to separate AC2 from Brotherhood

my vote goes to Brotherhood just because of how cool it was to call your team

#12 Posted by Nasar7 (2626 posts) -

AC2 was a boring, repetitive game. AC4 is definitely the best in series.

#13 Edited by Stete (731 posts) -

AC2 was my favorite so far because it felt that it was the only one which they put some effort into improving the game and pushing the story forward. From Brotherhood onwards, it felt that the series mandade was to forsake quality for quantity and keep adding features rather than improving the game they already have so they can have more bullet points on the back of the box. I am not saying that all the new features are bad, in fact some of them were downright awesome, but the problem is when the awesome new improvements take a backseat to some utterly frustrating issues which were there since the beginning and have not been addressed even though the series is in it's 6th iteration.

#14 Posted by Kidavenger (3534 posts) -

Voted 2, I like them all, I'm a bit surprised how much everyone likes 4 over 3, 4 seems like the exact same game as 3 except remove the story, I'm only 5 hours in to 4 but it doesn't have much of a story so far. Maybe no story is better than bad story, but I never really understood the hate 3 got, It was definitely the best in the series gameplay wise when it came out.

#15 Posted by ArtisanBreads (3804 posts) -

Voted 2, I like them all, I'm a bit surprised how much everyone likes 4 over 3, 4 seems like the exact same game as 3 except remove the story, I'm only 5 hours in to 4 but it doesn't have much of a story so far. Maybe no story is better than bad story, but I never really understood the hate 3 got, It was definitely the best in the series gameplay wise when it came out.

I feel the same way about the story so far (also not too far in, further than you though). I would say the same about the main character as the story. So far Kenway is "I WAN TO BE RICH" and that's it. But more to go, hopefully it picks up.

The gameplay is a good step up though for sure. And the missions are more fun and forgiving.

#16 Posted by CrimsonAvenger (272 posts) -

The original because it's the only where you do stuff actual Assassin like stuff. Plus Altair was a great character.

#17 Posted by CornBREDX (5126 posts) -

The first AC is still the best.

#18 Posted by SeanFoster (866 posts) -

Black Flag is the new reigning champ. I also like all the Ezio games though.

#19 Posted by wrecks (2245 posts) -

With the open world, Ass Pirate is a better overall game than AC2. But Edward doesn't hold a candle to Ezio. Plus I could stab random people in AC2 so it wins.

#20 Edited by jkz (4010 posts) -

AC 1 forever; haters just don't understand.

Outside of one though, 4 was a fantastic experience.

#21 Edited by Rapid (1359 posts) -

Well I think Black Flag is the best playing Assassin's Creed Game. I still have to say AC2 is the best in the franchise. They took the technology from AC1 and made it interesting by varying up the gameplay. Loved Ezio's story in AC2. It was also when the future-present timeline stuff was potentially interesting.