Seriously this game....

MrHadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MrHadouken

Ugh, its ridiculous, I am not even enjoying the game... but I can't stop playing it. It's such a slow burn for me I really hope the ending pays off!

I'd really like it to end like this. Desmond is in the animus but really the whole time it was Scott Stapp of Creed in the animus. Then just before the credit roll just a slow pan out of his face as "Higher" plays... even though that would have to mean I had to listen to a creed song.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

All I can say about the ending is, when people thought it was going to be the last AC game, they were really disappointed. I never got disappointed because I just looked at the ending as another crazy cliffhanger ala AC2 and ACB. Turns out I was right since AC4 was announced pretty recently.

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All I can say about the ending is, when people thought it was going to be the last AC game, they were really disappointed. I never got disappointed because I just looked at the ending as another crazy cliffhanger ala AC2 and ACB. Turns out I was right since AC4 was announced pretty recently.

I don't see how people could assume Ubisoft would just stop such a successful franchise. I never assumed AC3 was the last one because I know people aren't sick of making money just yet.

OfficeGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

None of it will pay off, I hung onto it for 15 hours that were gone to waste.

DROP IT! Game fucking stinks, and this is coming from an Assassin's Creed [former] adorer.

MedalOfMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MedalOfMode

One of the best Multiplayer for me :)

JNSK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By JNSK

Where AC3 really fucked up in my opinion, it's the mission structure. The gameplay remained fine (by AC standards), the story was alright, even if a lot of the characters were bland, and the world was beautifully realised (though I missed tall shit to climb).

The missions, oh the missions... I can't remember a single mission where you get a target, and then have to find the best, or most suited, way to kill that target in a way that suits your play style. In AC3, most of the missions either involve some tedious task, like eavesdropping, or doing some stupid minigame-like bullshit, and the only times the goal is to actually assassinate someone, it usually involves fighting through a horde of enemies to reach the target and then killing him just like any regular enemy, possibly with an annoying chase scene first.

...And the ending is pretty fucking awful, which considering they have been building this story over 5 games and 5 years, is pretty disrespectful to those who have been invested in the games.

UlquioKani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I liked the in-animus ending a lot. At this point, I don't give a damn about the real world stuff.

MrHadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@officegamer: I did, I just could not go on. I hate how fucking long it takes to do anything! I've moved on to Dead Space, I've had it since 2008 the game just scared the shit out of me so much I had to stop several times. Pushing through now, then on to Spec Ops The Line, and DMC. Hopefully all before Bioshock Infinite comes out.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

The ending didn't bother me, I didn't see AC3 as the end of the main series anyways.

OfficeGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By OfficeGamer

@mrhadouken said:

@officegamer: I did, I just could not go on. I hate how fucking long it takes to do anything! I've moved on to Dead Space, I've had it since 2008 the game just scared the shit out of me so much I had to stop several times. Pushing through now, then on to Spec Ops The Line, and DMC. Hopefully all before Bioshock Infinite comes out.

You make your parents proud!

MrHadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MrHadouken

@officegamer: Thanks mum!

I'm really not that impatient, but I have a limited amount of time I get to spend gaming before class and work, I just don't want to spend it following somebody slowly. Plus the Bugs were really starting to show up, I witness a resurrection when I walked over the woman that was killed at the fight, then searching down the guy that did it found him doing the Rodger Rabbit on a bench.

paulwade1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have fell asleep playing this game 4 times. I haven't even made it to Connor yet. I don't think I can go with it. It's just so fucking boring. I'm gonna send it back to boomerang rentals tomorrow.

cbarnes86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paulwade1984: I would say stay far away from this game then. I thought the stuff before Connor was the best stuff in the game (other than naval battles).

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -2

I gave ACIII a shot in the Fall and just could not get into it. I had never played any of the AC series, so perhaps that's the reason. I was a history major in college and really liked the premise of the game, but wow, it just was not fun to play, for me anyway.

That being said, the ship battles were pretty neat.

paulwade1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paulwade1984: I would say stay far away from this game then. I thought the stuff before Connor was the best stuff in the game (other than naval battles).

Oh God. Really? The bad English accents. The ridiculous cutscenes. The strange characters and just plain wierdness. I'm talking Ben Franklin randomly asking you to search for pages from his book. The notion of "Oh i really need my research to help you, it's all contained in this tiny box. I have no idea what the contents of my research are. I don't remember if I marked a map with a location of an ancient cave with amazingly advanced technology in it".

If I could return it today then I would. I thought it was gonna pick up when I got to Connor.

cbarnes86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paulwade1984: I think the reason I thought it was the best was the fact is was new and the twist at the end of that segment blew my mind at the time. The Connor stuff just was almost TOO open worldy. Once I stopped giving a shit about collectibles (100% all previous games), I finished the game in a few hours and thought the story was alright. Will probably go back and 100% this one too when I have no games left in my back catalog and will pick up the Tyranny DLC, which I've heard is pretty good.