Anyone else getting terrible download speeds on PS4?

Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I got home from work tonight and decided to bite the bullet and pick this up for PS4, (Was going to get it for PC but NOPE!) I set the download going about 4 hours ago and expecting it to be done by the time I was ready to play it. However I just checked it and it still has not finished the initial 16GB download. I know PSN isn't as fast as steam but it's normally pretty decent for me. But this has to be the worst it's ever been. Is anyone else getting this?

At time of posting it has just under 1GB of the initial download to go and it's quoting me 41mins.

I'm in the UK so I would be interested to know what experience other UK duders are having. Either way It looks like I won't be playing it tonight.

TheHavok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I've been downloading the 3GB update for about an hour now... Crazy

ian280291

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

12:30 UK time i downloaded the 3.5GB patch in 15 minutes, only just stopped playing! Its fantastic

Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Mister_V

12:30 UK time i downloaded the 3.5GB patch in 15 minutes, only just stopped playing! Its fantastic

If I had planned on getting the PS4 version to begin with I would have set the download going before I left for work. Unfortunately I didn't find out about the state of the PC port until it was already too late.

ian280291

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Yeah the PC verzion being broken sucks and Rocksteady has commented on it. I guess I know what trend should win "worst trend" at this years GOTY awards

roars5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I knew this would be the case. This is the first time I actually decided to purchase in advance and take advantage of the PS4 pre-load and downloaded everything (somewhat) quickly on Sunday.

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

Got a physical copy, but that day 1 one patch alone took 2 1/2 hours to download. PSN showing it's great download speeds once again.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8  Edited By Nodima

Did the pre-load and it took roughly the three and half hours from the time I bought it to the time it unlocked to become playable. Not bad IMO, 16GBs in three hours seems pretty fair but I still remember 28.8kb/s.

I did have one rough error where I tried to launch the game after it said it was unlocked and it hung on the splash art of Batman when you first boot the game, then my PS4 wouldn't restart unless I pulled the AC cord, but after I let it grow to 20GBs the game ran no issue.

For comparison I also bought MLB The Show 15 digitally which is another 50GB game and it took about five hours to download.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I haven't downloaded Batman yet (end of month wallet blues), but download speeds have been kicking all kinds of ass on my ps4 lately. no complaints really.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Barrock

Download time just keeps creeping up. Starts at 45 minutes, goes up to 5 hours... then 7.

firecracker22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I had the same problem. That nearly 4 gig Patch took hours to download. A few of the DLC's took sometime as well. But man, was that patch a long time.

DXBSweed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Same issue here, set to download and it said four hours. Came back from work to find that it was less than 50% through with an estimated download time of 16 hours remaining.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By iamjohn

In addition to the download speeds, leaderboards weren't working last night for me either, so I think PSN might just be kinda fucked.

Twiggy199

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bought the game which took just under 2 days to download, well, became partially playable, then took another 16 hours to "install". It's just not acceptable by todays standards. I could of walked to the local supermarket and back literally a hundred times if not more and got it cheaper...

flasaltine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Welcome to PSN. The slowest download speeds since PS3. With games getting larger and larger it is insane that Sony hasn't done much to increase their download speeds.

LaudaSolem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You could buy the game at a store for shorter time it's taking you to dl it. I have a wireless connection that's unstalbe, rarely dl anything except mandatory updates. I keep thinking of putting a hardline connection in but don't want to go through the hassle.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

It took about 4 hours to download the 3.5gb patch for me.

PSN speeds were slow on PS3 and they continue to be slow. They still haven't figured out this whole internet part of their console yet.

ThePanzini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you keep hitting pause/resume even if it takes 30 tries the speed will kick in.

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

Yeah it said it was gonna take me 3 hours to download that Drive Club PSN demo. I just put it in standby and went to play something else on another platform.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

PS4 download speeds are way under what my bandwidth is able to handle. It sucks.