GMG will process refund requests, but only after patch

schlorgan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

And so the story of Arkham Knight's PC port continue.

http://www.pcgamer.com/green-man-gaming-offering-batman-arkhan-knight-refunds/

They'll only be doing it after WB patches it. Anyone considering it?

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Definitely considering it

M3cha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely considering it. I really wanted to play Arkham Knight, but 2 GTX 980s pushing 3440x1440 only gets 20-50 FPS with all the NVIDIA stuff off. Really annoying considering my performance in Witcher 3 with Hairworks on.

I genuinely hope the upcoming patch for Arkham Knight fixes it. Here's hoping.

limond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Having to wait for something to maybe fix it is idiotic. If the game doesn't work NOW a refund should be available.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ripelivejam

I suppose this is good. But i'm still confused as to how this game is broken to the point of being unplayable. from what ive read so far it sounds like primarily less than stellar performance. we had similar issues when 360/ps3 was next gen; not sure why people expect something less than a r9 290/970 to get higher than 30fps. Maybe it shouldn't be that way and it would be nice if it improved, but it's not unprecedented.

Also considering the near 20000 numbers of people playing it on steam it's hard to see this huge epidemic of broken-ness with this game. Great that you get refunds, but just sounds like another case if the internet blowing things out of proportion and angry steam forum kids jumping on the bandwagon.

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Also considering the near 20000 numbers of people playing it on steam it's hard to see this huge epidemic of broken-ness with this game.

If a game comes out and straight doesn't work (Master Chief Collection, etc.) I think a return should be available instantly. That doesn't seem too extreme of a point.

But when a game has performance problems, I'm much less sympathetic to the rage directed at retailers if they allot time for a dev to improve the game. Especially considering that I'm writing this on a site that's part of the numerous games media outlets that meticulously delineate these exact problems so that we can be fully aware of them before purchasing anything.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I got it through GMG but I'm thinking that I must be one of the few who doesn't have issues running this game. The only problems I've had was the 30 fps lock and the stupid long intro logos which I both fixed. I do have occasional stutters in the game that make me believe that it definitely could be better optimized to be more smooth but my fps stays close to 60 with some drops to 45 when things get intense.

I have every setting maxed out including the Nvidia stuff at 1080p. I guess that's one of the perks of having a GTX 980?

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By conmulligan

@ripelivejam said:

Great that you get refunds, but just sounds like another case if the internet blowing things out of proportion and angry steam forum kids jumping on the bandwagon.

It can be hard to get a read on just how widespread issues are because those affected are often the loudest, but Arkham Knight's problems are not just isolated incidents. The 30Hz cap seems to be masking some serious streaming issues, especially when the game is installed to a HDD, and while I'm happy to play the game at that refresh rate there are plenty of PC owners who forked out a bunch of cash specifically so they could play at high refresh rates. Hell, NVIDIA even put out footage of the game running at 60Hz to try and pimp GameWorks. And, as if that weren't enough, it's missing basic features present in the consoles versions like ambient occlusion and rain textures, neither of which should be particularly taxing. I think people have a right to be pissed.

brandondryrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ripelivejam: A big reason people are upset is that some graphical features are missing from the PC version that are included in the PS4 version. It doesn't make the game unplayable, but it is pretty odd that the PS4 version has ambient occlusion and more particle layers than the PC version. The Digital Foundry report on the PC version gives you a good idea of why people are upset. It isn't that the frame rate is a little unstable at times. This is a poor PC port. It also doesn't help that the PC videos being shown off before launch showed it running at 60 FPS, yet the game is capped at 30 unless you change settings in the .ini.

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Giant_Gamer

@ripelivejam: this is not the first time we get broken PC ports. So others such as myself have learned the hard way to never pre-order or buy a pc game on day one. The problem here which is making everyone angry right now -including myself- is that this is not the first time we get a broken port from the big publishers and if this keeps up we'll not buy their broken games which will make them not release pc ports because of "lack of demand" and that my friend will mark the crash of PC gaming.

brandondryrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By brandondryrock

@giant_gamer: The game is still one of the top selling games on Steam even with all of this stuff. There will always be plenty of people around to pre-order and buy PC games on day one to keep PC gaming around.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

I want to, but since I have to wait I may just end up playing it anyway or buying the PS4 version. Depends also on whether they believe the game is "fixed".

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ripelivejam

@giant_gamer: but it's not broken; it works and plenty of people are playing it. This is primarily a graphics/performance issue that, while not a good thing, isn't something to lionize them to this degree over.

I'm personally getting a bit tired of this exaggeration and mob mentality; i don't think it helps anything. If anything it feels like people just getting angry because they like to be angry.

Hope the situation improves regardless.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ripelivejam: yea basically this.

The word broken is being thrown around way too much by specs people and epsically PC gamers the word has lost all meaning,

People were saying "unplayable" when they meant 30fps instead of 60" and things like that.

I still think it sucks though. Bad optimization seems to be a growing thing with PC games

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#16  Edited By JJWeatherman

I bought the game on PC and it seems great. If I hadn't come to the Internet and stumbled upon these threads I'd have never known people could have been angry about the game. Just wanted to throw that out there. Just play the game, people. Your fixation on the inconsequential details and comparisons to other platforms seem to be robbing a lot of you of fun.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By OurSin_360

@ripelivejam said:

I suppose this is good. But i'm still confused as to how this game is broken to the point of being unplayable. from what ive read so far it sounds like primarily less than stellar performance. we had similar issues when 360/ps3 was next gen; not sure why people expect something less than a r9 290/970 to get higher than 30fps. Maybe it shouldn't be that way and it would be nice if it improved, but it's not unprecedented.

Also considering the near 20000 numbers of people playing it on steam it's hard to see this huge epidemic of broken-ness with this game. Great that you get refunds, but just sounds like another case if the internet blowing things out of proportion and angry steam forum kids jumping on the bandwagon.

Do you have the game on PC?

Wayy wayy less than 'stellar' performance. Features taken out that were promised in the promotion. Last minute changes to their required settings. Hardware that meets ultra recommendations can barely handle low. Ultra settings completely absent.

The hitches in this game make it unplayable, even at lower resolutions and the lowest settings. My 7950 can play the wither 3 on damn near ultra at 1080p with an average of 45fps with no signifigant performance issues. I can even throw on hairworks and get fps in the 30's(with tweaks). It's bare minimum for this game ( info added hours before release) and can't even handle the minimum. Last minute they tell us a 3gb amd card is required(for minimum!) to run the game while 2gb for nvidia. The majority of cards are still 2gb, even the 970 is only really 3.4gb.

Just because 20,000 play on steam doesn't mean that only 5,500 had issues. I didn't make a steam review, and as you can probably guess i'm having issues. And my guess is the number of people wanting refunds is great enough for them to consider it a bad idea to keep selling the game in it's current state.

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Giant_Gamer
@brandondryrock said:

@giant_gamer: The game is still one of the top selling games on Steam even with all of this stuff. There will always be plenty of people around to pre-order and buy PC games on day one to keep PC gaming around.

But i get a sense that if this keep happening, PC sales will be less and less with time. Until those same publishers who gave us bad ports stop releasing PC ports. Then others will follow.

@ripelivejam said:

@giant_gamer: but it's not broken; it works and plenty of people are playing it. This is primarily a graphics/performance issue that, while not a good thing, isn't something to lionize them to this degree over.

I'm personally getting a bit tired of this exaggeration and mob mentality; i don't think it helps anything. If anything it feels like people just getting angry because they like to be angry.

Hope the situation improves regardless.

I think that when a game drops from 50's to 20's or high teens is definitely broken (performance wise) and should not be released until its problems have been resolved. The graphical issues could have been less talked about if the game performed well and you can see that from the context of most of the complaints.

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By Cirdain

A Patch is probably gonna be at least 2 weeks out. Probably right?

from PC Gamer comments
from PC Gamer comments

EDIT: People are getting refunded now apparently.

BobDobbsJR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By mike

@giant_gamer said:

But i get a sense that if this keep happening, PC sales will be less and less with time. Until those same publishers who gave us bad ports stop releasing PC ports. Then others will follow.

If that was the case, then console game sales will suffer the same fate - a game releasing broken like this is not unique to PC. The truth of the matter is, when it comes to multiplatform games, the best version is almost always on PC. It's been that way for years now.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#22  Edited By AlexW00d

The fact that WB can admit their game is broken but you can't baffles me to no end.

SeanFoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On the one hand, I can’t deny the fact that I’m enjoying playing the game. It runs okay on my system after performing some of the tweaks to the .ini file, and I often forget how janky it is unless I’m in the Batmobile. Unfortunately, you’re in the Batmobile quite a bit. Plus, I kind of just want to refund it if only to send the message “Don’t release games in this state.”

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Giant_Gamer
@mb said:

the best version is almostalways on PC

The the painful truth.

I really hope that things get better when get Pascal/Greenland hit the market next year. Because if developers fails with 16x the power of maxwell they would have no excuse *sharpening his pitchfork*