#1 Posted by Ozzer (18 posts) -

The release of Arkham Origins got me thinking...are there are other Batman storylines (in any medium) that are set during Christmas time?

I haven't read many of the comics, so only Tim Burton's Batman Returns comes to mind.

#2 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (3204 posts) -

Yeah, the Batman Animated series has the episode "Christmas with the Joker."

#3 Edited by Zurv (442 posts) -

this game is on xmas eve... a lot of holiday cheer to beat up bad guys with.. i just threw someone into an xmas tree :)

#4 Posted by joshwent (2172 posts) -

We all know that Bruce must have a little aversion to the holiday. Please, be considerate.

#5 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@joshwent said:

We all know that Bruce must have a little aversion to the holiday. Please, be considerate.

Not just the holiday; it's toward all holidays:

#6 Edited by Jocund (124 posts) -

A part of The Long Halloween takes place during Christmas. I think it's Joker-centric, even.

#7 Edited by MarkWahlberg (4601 posts) -

One of my favorite Batman storylines, No Man's Land, ends sometime around Christmas/New Year's I think.

It's basically the worst Christmas ever, but yeah.

#8 Posted by Jedted (2346 posts) -

Arkham City took place during winter too(though it wasn't Christmas i don't think). It's like somebody built some awesome snow-tech for the last game and they wanna get their money's worth.

#9 Edited by razkazz (169 posts) -

"Batman: Noel", written and illustrated by Lee Bermejo, adapts Dickens' "A Christmas Carol" into a Batman story. Sounds like it could be silly but it's handled brilliantly, especially the character choices for the three ghosts. The artwork will blow your mind and the story will leave you warm and tingly with Christmas spirit.

#10 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7077 posts) -

As others have said, No Man's Land and The Long Halloween at least partially take place around Christmas. Personally, I'm glad winter is getting more attention as a setting. It's always had a really nice ominous feel to it. Also that snow tech is great.

#11 Posted by MightyDuck (1521 posts) -

Batman Returns takes place during Christmas if I'm not mistaken? I vaguely remember candy canes and stuff like that as Danny Devito comes out of the sewer.

#12 Edited by MB (12274 posts) -

Christmas is a great setting for this kind of thing...just think of all the awesome movies set at Christmastime. Die Hard, Lethal Weapon, LA Confidential, Gremlins...

#13 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7077 posts) -

Batman Returns takes place during Christmas if I'm not mistaken? I vaguely remember candy canes and stuff like that as Danny Devito comes out of the sewer.

It totally does.

That movie is great, too.

#14 Posted by MightyDuck (1521 posts) -

@mb: Die Hard...one of the best unexpected Christmas movies.

#15 Posted by kingclaw (757 posts) -

#16 Posted by crithon (3138 posts) -

and Ironman 3 also has christmas, and last boy scout, and Long Kiss Goodnight and die hard

#17 Posted by fisk0 (4033 posts) -

@mightyduck said:

It totally does.

That movie is great, too.

Yeah, my absolute favorite of the Batman movies. Having Siouxsie and the Banshees write an original song for the party scene and end credits didn't hurt either.

#18 Posted by Grixxel (765 posts) -

@crithon said:

and Ironman 3 also has christmas, and last boy scout, and Long Kiss Goodnight and die hard

Don't forget Lethal Weapon!

#19 Posted by Oni (2098 posts) -

One of my favorite Batman storylines, No Man's Land, ends sometime around Christmas/New Year's I think.

It's basically the worst Christmas ever, but yeah.

Oh yeah, thanks for reminding me. Joker kills Sarah Essen-Gordon on Christmas Eve if I recall correctly. It's one of the best, and longest, Batman arcs ever. Couple of weak links in there, as many different artists and writers worked on it, but man oh man is it good.

should old acquaintance be forgot...

#20 Posted by Tom_omb (387 posts) -

I'm trying to recall of an episode of the animated series had an episode that took place over several days in December. It stands out in my mind because it ends with a touching moment as Batman and Gordon sitting down for some coffee at a diner on New Years Eve.

Also, relevant: