#1 Posted by Klei (1768 posts) -

Makes the earlier Arkham games Batman looks like a total fool. It'll be somehow harder for me to get back to the earlier game and adopt his dickless strap-on panties.

Anyways, they really did a fine job creating the new Batman. Now only does he looks different ( face design, jaw ), but his suit is basically an exaggerated version of Nolan's design.

#2 Posted by Tom_omb (429 posts) -

Yeah, the character design has seen a definite improvement in this game. This sick drawing by Rafael Grampa comes to mind when I see the new batsuit. Although, I have to say, the Adam West suit beats it out for me. I wish I could use it in the story before unlocking new game plus.

#3 Posted by Getz (3155 posts) -

hella tight

#4 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7099 posts) -

Gotham By Gaslight Batsuit is the best. But I kind of don't like the armored-up look of this suit. At least not as much as the previous two games' suits. But that's just me.

#5 Edited by gokaired (570 posts) -

@tom_omb: Props for the Grampa reference. :)

#6 Posted by flasaltine (1708 posts) -

I love it when Batman wears a real right suit.

#7 Posted by ToTheNines (839 posts) -

yeah, he is definitely less "cartoony".

#8 Edited by crithon (3448 posts) -

we are talking about a genre where they have vains running acrossing their tights. Was replaying Arkham Asylum, the combat armor in challenge mode has nipples on it. The new suit has this butt part where it kinda looks like the classic batman underwear.

#9 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3925 posts) -

Yeah it looks great. The whole game looks pretty sharp.

#10 Posted by EveretteScott (1532 posts) -

I really can't tell if this whole thread is full of sarcasm..?

Opinion on whether it looks good or bad aside, he's look stumpy when he runs to me.

#11 Posted by MarkWahlberg (4610 posts) -

Very tight, fights in all the cracks nicely.

All this armored, new52 stuff just makes me think of the power rangers movie. And then the fact that this is a prequel makes it so much better, because it means underwear on the outside is just him having a midlife crisis.

#12 Posted by Demoskinos (15156 posts) -

Yes, but how is his bat bulge?

#13 Posted by FunkasaurasRex (847 posts) -

#14 Posted by RoyaleWifCheese (559 posts) -

I've never played an Arkham game to completion. Did any of those games happen to include the nippled Batsuits from Batman Forever or Batman & Robin?

#15 Edited by Poppduder (460 posts) -

Hella tight.

#16 Posted by Basm321 (327 posts) -

I honestly can't tell which posts are serious and which are sarcastic. Anyways... Batman still looks kinda stubby which short fat arms and legs, his run still looks dorky and now when fighting he goes into a pose an I feel less badass when countering. The outfit looks equally cool but different. I think I have noticed a few new animations for takedowns which is nice.

#17 Posted by Humanity (10110 posts) -

I actually dislike the whole "armor look" they adopted since Arkham City. I remember it being much more of a "suit" in Asylum. I haven't played Origins but in the Quicklook it looks like he's wearing hockey pads on his feet, it's just getting kinda bizarre in how armored he is.

#18 Edited by Ekami (268 posts) -

i'm stuck in this very tight batman suit i bought for haloween so i can relate

#19 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6403 posts) -

@getz said:

hella tight

So fucking tight, bro.

#20 Edited by firecracker22 (561 posts) -

The problem with his arms and legs aren't that they're stubby, just that his his forearm guards and shin guards are so goddamn bulky. I do think a slimmer design would be more practical...and look better. But, whatever. I do wish the utility belt was gold, but I'm hearing that the unlockable Dark Knight suit has that.

I do like how much inspiration they seemed to have taken from TDK trilogy. The cowl, the suit, the cave...really digging the similarities.

Now, if only they'd release a movie skin DLC pack. I think they'd have me over a barrel at this point, and get me to pay anything they demand for it.

#21 Edited by gaminghooligan (1483 posts) -

I like this game's suit better than the previous suits , but I'm still waiting for this one:

#22 Edited by _Zombie_ (1462 posts) -

That Batsuit gives me a bat-boner.

It's bullshit that the Azrael batsuit is PS3 exclusive, though.

#23 Posted by RazielCuts (2987 posts) -

How tight? -

#24 Edited by Strife777 (1614 posts) -

@gaminghooligan: You'll wait for a while. You have the play the companion game on iOS and Android to get the Red Son outfit in the console game. You'll have to play it quite a bit too.

I also really like the new suit, looks really cool and less "spandex" wearing super hero type suit.

#25 Posted by Snail (8662 posts) -

@tom_omb: Wasn't that suit going to be a PS4 exclusive or something? Or is it just a Sony exclusive? Or neither?

Also your avatar is cool and on-topic.

#26 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7099 posts) -

I like this game's suit better than the previous suits , but I'm still waiting for this one:

You can get Batmankoff from the Arkham Origins iPhone game, I think.

#27 Edited by Tom_omb (429 posts) -

@snail: It's for ps3, and free with the Knightfall pack. I don't believe this game is coming to next gen consoles. Thanks for noticing my avatar 8)

That Red Son Batman is also very cool. I'd have it if that iOS game was on Android.

#28 Posted by Funkydupe (3321 posts) -

#29 Edited by firecracker22 (561 posts) -

Yeah, Red Son Batman is in the game.

And so is the fucking ThrillKiller Batsuit. They won't give me a Batman Begins or The Dark Knight/The Dark Knight Rises Batsuit, but they'll give us a ThrillKiller skin. A book that, up to this point, I was certain only me and like three other people ever actually read. That's a suit that I can't imagine anyone actually demanding, at any point whatsoever. It's a horrible batsuit, too.

#30 Edited by MarvinPontiac (122 posts) -

His suit looks great, but they did something to his walking in AO. I liked it better when I couldn't always see his arms if the camera was directly behind (aka that cool comic-bat silhouette). Also now when he talks to Alfred on the com, he can do these tiny little baby steps which I of course always make him do because I have a problem.

#31 Posted by StriderNo9 (1149 posts) -

I like this new suit more than the last two for sure.

#32 Posted by Humanity (10110 posts) -

I like this new suit more than the last two for sure.

That is nuts. The original Asylum suit is the best one.

#33 Posted by firecracker22 (561 posts) -

I think the new one is better, too. Probably has more to do with the cowl, though.

#34 Posted by gaminghooligan (1483 posts) -

@strife777: ugh. I'll just wait for it to be in a costume pack then.

#35 Posted by oldenglishC (1008 posts) -

@gaminghooligan said:

You can get Batmankoff from the Arkham Origins iPhone game, I think.

Having a giant Batman that can punch out helicopters, would probably break the game.

#36 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7099 posts) -

@firecracker22: I've heard that there actually is a Dark Knight skin in the game. Not sure how it's unlocked. Maybe beating I Am The Night Mode?

#37 Posted by HistoryInRust (6407 posts) -

@gaminghooligan: Red Son Batman is totally a skin in Injustice, which is, in my opinion, an entirely superior DC Universe experience.

#38 Edited by firecracker22 (561 posts) -

@firecracker22: I've heard that there actually is a Dark Knight skin in the game. Not sure how it's unlocked. Maybe beating I Am The Night Mode?

Yeah, but from what I hear it's not from the movie. It's an all black version of the AO batsuit, with a gold utility belt. I believe IGN listed it as unlockable by completing all of the Dark Knight Challenges (All 15 of Shadow Vigilante, 15 of Gotham Protector, 15 of Worst Nightmare and 15 of World's Greatest Detective).

Pretty messed up to call it The Dark Knight batsuit, and it not being the one it ought to be.

#39 Posted by TyrellOCP (357 posts) -
@humanity said:

I haven't played Origins but in the Quicklook it looks like he's wearing hockey pads on his feet

#40 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7099 posts) -

@mariachimacabre said:

Yeah, but from what I hear it's not from the movie. It's an all black version of the AO batsuit, with a gold utility belt. I believe IGN listed it as unlockable by completing all of the Dark Knight Challenges (All 15 of Shadow Vigilante, 15 of Gotham Protector, 15 of Worst Nightmare and 15 of World's Greatest Detective).

Pretty messed up to call it The Dark Knight batsuit, and it not being the one it ought to be.

I don't know. Barring the symbol on his chest, the Origins suit is very clearly based more on the The Dark Knight suit than anything from the comics.

#41 Posted by firecracker22 (561 posts) -

True.

And even though I haven't seen the unlockable batsuit I mentioned before, hearing it's the same as the AO suit but all black with a gold utility belt....sounds about as TDK trilogy inspired as it gets.