Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

Anyone still on the fence I'm giving a 15% off Origin coupon!

DarkGamerOO7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By DarkGamerOO7

The Code is still available, the user I gave it to was from Germany and said the code would not work with the pre-order, I do not know if this code will only work in the United States, or if it will only work with Pre-Orders within the United States but the code is still available if someone else wishes to try it out.

swoxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By swoxx

That's very kind of you. I already have my origin copy pre-ordered and pre-loaded however.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By AhmadMetallic

Very tempting, but I can't not have a Battlefield box. I just can't!! 

Generous of you, and congratz to whoever gets it :)

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Rowr

Thankyou for your generous offer.

But Fuck Origin.

FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By FrankCanada97

I'm tempted, but I'd rather have a physical copy and I don't want to wait a week to refill my paypal. Very nice of you to offer though.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#6  Edited By big_jon

You know Origin is dumb when people are turning down free money.

DarkGamerOO7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DarkGamerOO7

Origin is not evil or bad as people make it out to be. It has its flaws, yes, but nothing major and the product is still in BETA. I purchased, and pre-loaded Battlefield 3 on Origin without any issues and have not had any major issues in using it over the past few weeks.

swoxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By swoxx

@DarkGamerOO7 said:

Origin is not evil or bad as people make it out to be. It has its flaws, yes, but nothing major and the product is still in BETA. I purchased, and pre-loaded Battlefield 3 on Origin without any issues and have not had any major issues in using it over the past few weeks.

Pretty much my thoughts on it. People so quickly forget how hated steam was when it first launched.

Three0neFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Three0neFive
    @Swoxx said:

@DarkGamerOO7 said:

Pretty much my thoughts on it. People so quickly forget how hated steam was when it first launched.

Seriously, the Origin hate-bandwagon is ridiculous. Have had absolutely no problems thus far, and was able to pre-load BF3 in the span of an hour at almost 3 MB/s.

If anything people should be directing their scrutiny towards Battlelog - but even then, during the beta it worked relatively well.
    Franstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Franstone

Can't believe people are not gonna play this game because they feel a need to protest since it's not on Steam.

Foolish.

What am I not gonna play Starcraft or buy Diablo III because it's on Battle.net?

Hellllllll no, gonna buy up that shit as soon as I can.

Be mad at EA for the NFL monopoly, not for doing what several companies are already doing.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By PeasantAbuse

I posted that I wanted it, but on second thought I'm going to wait a bit to buy this game. I've got quite a bit of stuff to do for school that probably wouldn't get done if I had Battlefield to play.

awe_stuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By awe_stuck

@DarkGamerOO7 said:

Can you get me a job at EA? PLEASE

I will totally fly you around in a helicopter, hoppin buildings in BF3 all day :D

DarkGamerOO7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DarkGamerOO7

@awe_stuck said:

@DarkGamerOO7 said:

I will totally fly you around in a helicopter, hoppin buildings in BF3 all day :D

Seeing as how I am University Student and have no affiliation with Electronic Arts, DiCE, or any sub or parent companies, no I cannot get you a job at EA. :P

DarkGamerOO7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DarkGamerOO7

Updated OP!

BawlZINmotion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#15  Edited By BawlZINmotion

Origin hate is little different than a fanboy fueled console war. I actually prefer buying my games direct from the publisher when possible. I do it with Valve via Steam, I do it with Blizzard via Battle.net, I do it with Microsoft via LIVE and now I do it with EA via Origin. People really hate on Origin because they play a lot of EA games. If they didn't, it would just have faded away like Games for Windows Live did. I'm a bit tired of people whining like a starved cat when they don't get what they want. And these days it is unavoidable and everywhere. I can still hear echoes of rage about the 2-4 hour unlock process for Half-Life 2 back in 2004. Not to mention having to actually sit through it because you needed to change the the fucking CDs it came on.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#16  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Three0neFive said:
    was able to pre-load BF3 in the span of an hour at almost 3 MB/s.  
    What's your internet speed, bro?
    Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Rowr

@Franstone said:

Can't believe people are not gonna play this game because they feel a a need to protest since it's not on Steam.

Foolish.

What am I not gonna play Starcraft or buy Diablo III because it's on Battle.net?

Be mad at EA for the NFL monopoly, not for doing what several companies are already doing.

As long as they decide to charge 90 bucks (AUD) for all their downloads on the service they can go to hell. They have a long way to go before I can trust that making an online purchase through them isn't going to be the fuck around all online EA services have been in the past.

Not to say i'm protesting the game, i can't wait for it - In physical form.

Three0neFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Three0neFive
    @AhmadMetallic said:
    @Three0neFive said:
    was able to pre-load BF3 in the span of an hour at almost 3 MB/s.  
    What's your internet speed, bro?
    I pay for 25 Mbps, but I very rarely get more than 1 MB/s on anything.
    awe_stuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By awe_stuck

@DarkGamerOO7 said:

@awe_stuck said:

@DarkGamerOO7 said:

Seeing as how I am University Student and have no affiliation with Electronic Arts, DiCE, or any sub or parent companies, no I cannot get you a job at EA. :P

Oh, my friend did the real beta testing for BF3. He said buy it, its a great game. Unfortunately he wont help me get a job. EA is too far for me to walk to apply.

RobertOrri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By RobertOrri

Everyone saying "I don't get the Origin hate" clearly lives in the United States. That's fine, EA caters very well to that market, giving them actual customer service, discounts and decent service.

Everywhere else, Origin is a piece of crap that gets rightly laughed at. I suggest you hit up their forums and discover all the problems international users are having. There are very real and serious issues with the client and the storefront, and EA has been acting like it does not give a crap about it.

metal_mills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#21  Edited By metal_mills

Can I try it? I'm in Australia though.

xdaknightx69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By xdaknightx69

@RobertOrri said:

Everyone saying "I don't get the Origin hate" clearly lives in the United States. That's fine, EA caters very well to that market, giving them actual customer service, discounts and decent service.

Everywhere else, Origin is a piece of crap that gets rightly laughed at. I suggest you hit up their forums and discover all the problems international users are having. There are very real and serious issues with the client and the storefront, and EA has been acting like it does not give a crap about it.

i dont live in the US and i like it . i haven't noticed any issue's whenever i use it and i can buy games at my local prices rather then pay $49.99/59.99 on steam which is more than double what i would pay on origin.

what issue's do u speak off?

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By McShank

@Franstone said:

Can't believe people are not gonna play this game because they feel a need to protest since it's not on Steam.

Foolish.

The problem people have is not that its not on steam but rather they wish to not keep a credit card on multiple sites. Steam has practically everything people want so thats why they choose it over origin and feel the need to not get the game based on that fact. I personally dont like origin for that fact. If they put it on steam i will buy it since I dont like to have my creditcard strung across multiple sites seeing as it is already on Battle.net and steam. And I had my info on blizzards site before i joined steam so that isnt a problem but since EA has only a select few games I ever want to have, it is useless to put it up there. Also the fact that you have games in different libraries just comes up with the fact that you cant open 1 page and pick what you want since steam allows you to clip Non-Steam games to their library if you so wish. Dont know if origin allows this as I deleted it once i found out there was no drivers for laptops during beta testing which really turned me off of this system. Maybe once EA and steam work out their differences will i buy this game but from what i did see of the beta, i dont think i want it on pc or at all and will stick to the already tested and approved BfBc2.

Three0neFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Three0neFive
    @RobertOrri said:

Actually, I live in Canada.

I'm aware of some of the shitty prices in Europe, though that's hardly exclusive to Origin - as far as I remember, Steam doesn't even bother with conversion. Enlighten me, what is it with Origin that leaves everyone else so sour?
    RobertOrri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By RobertOrri

@Three0neFive said:

Actually, I live in Canada. I'm aware of some of the shitty prices in Europe, though that's hardly exclusive to Origin - as far as I remember, Steam doesn't even bother with conversion. Enlighten me, what is it with Origin that leaves everyone else so sour?

Whoops, guess I should have said North America. Fair enough.

It's not really conversion that Origin is doing, there's an entire different set of prices for most items. Some examples...

Dragon Age II, $19.99 vs. €49.99

Darkspore, $19.99 vs. €39.99

Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit, $19.99 vs. $49.99

(€50 is nearly $70 - also, remember that North American customers currently get to use a 60% discount code, driving those prices even further down)

There's also the matter of them categorizing customers into the wrong markets. I don't quite understand why I get redirected to the Irish store when I don't live there and am being shown Euro prices when my country isn't even in the EU? Mind you, Steam doesn't recognize my country either, but at least they just do show me prices in US dollars - like other digital retailers.

In fact, here's a large thread with people who are complaining about being given the wrong language or currency. Still hasn't been fixed, after six months. Customer satisfaction be damned.

Origin also ate one of my CD-keys without compensation, and refuses to recognize another one.

I realize I come across as someone on a crusade against Electronic Arts, but I assure you that's not the case. It's just that EA has had ample time to fix things, and they haven't. So it bugs me when people act like nothing is wrong.

Disclaimer: I like the idea of Origin, and in theory it's great to be able to access and buy games directly from each publisher, and have a client to store digital copies. This I don't mind, and I'm in fact not particularly fond of putting all my eggs in one basket a'la Steam.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#26  Edited By Ben_H

@Three0neFive said:

@Swoxx said:

@DarkGamerOO7 said:

Seriously, the Origin hate-bandwagon is ridiculous. Have had absolutely no problems thus far, and was able to pre-load BF3 in the span of an hour at almost 3 MB/s. If anything people should be directing their scrutiny towards Battlelog - but even then, during the beta it worked relatively well.

Indeed, I hated Origin at first but it seems just fine. I have BF3 pre-loaded and everything and it was smooth and the download was faster than Steam typically is.

Battlelog we will have to see. It seemed like a bit of a pain but not that bad in the beta.

Three0neFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Three0neFive
    @RobertOrri: All completely valid points.

It just seems like a lot of people are shitting on Origin just because they don't want have to remember another password or run a program that takes an incredibly miniscule amount of RAM or are just looking for any reason to hate EA. I guess the blind fanboyism goes both ways. :P
    ra20r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ra20r

Hey DarkGamerOO7 I'm not really on the fence of price it's just that I don't know if its something that I will like and play a whole lot. Can you tell me your thoughts on the game so far and give any information on it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.