#1 Posted by chiablo (920 posts) -

McDonalds is printing codes on reciepts that give you $10 off any purchase of $29.99 or more.

Go here: http://www.dpgamer.com/

Enter one of the following codes:

413M4D, 4712M9, 4912HA, 48VU64, 4979P3, 497D79, 7DT279, 7K1349, 7L1434, 39458M, 3989XK, 316X7D, 551BM9, 555P6R, 56411M, QD7281, QV3884, R6657X, S737U9, 545Q54, 551BM9, 555P6R, 56411M

This will generate a $10 off promo code to be used on Origin's site. Battlefield 4 is $30 on PC today, so this will drop the price down to $20.

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/1qszsi/origin_mcdonalds_providing_10_coupons/

#2 Edited by I_Stay_Puft (3158 posts) -

Whoa nice!

#3 Posted by EricSmith (317 posts) -

As someone that spent $60 on it: I wouldn't get it for PC. It is completely broken still, and you can barely finish a single match (if you're lucky) before the client goes tits up.

#4 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (3158 posts) -

As someone that spent $60 on it: I wouldn't get it for PC. It is completely broken still, and you can barely finish a single match (if you're lucky) before the client goes tits up.

I'll gladly spend 20 bucks on a broken version of battlefield 4.

First World Problems.

#5 Posted by Dimsey (950 posts) -

Everything is always on sale right after I buy it.

#6 Edited by Evilsbane (4582 posts) -

@ericsmith said:

First World Problems.

Same here this game will be 40+ dollars for quite some time this is a deal.

#7 Edited by Andorski (5241 posts) -

The site seems to be getting hammered. I can't even get into the BF4 store page.

#8 Edited by I_Stay_Puft (3158 posts) -

@andorski said:

The site seems to be getting hammered. I can't even get into the BF4 store page.

the web browser or through the origin client? Both? Most users on origin since the "5 dollar game give away a year ago."

#9 Posted by chiablo (920 posts) -

@andorski said:

I've been trying all morning. I guess I should have waited to buy it for myself before spreading the llama love.

#10 Posted by Evilsbane (4582 posts) -

@andorski said:

the web browser or through the origin client? Both?

Both I cannot get to either one, SOB If I can't get this before they fix it..

#11 Posted by thebunnyhunter (1375 posts) -

20 for Battlefield 4 is great, when it works. I havent played for a week or so but has it gotten more broken? because it was alright with not crashing when i last played.

Also i hope Battlefield 4 Premium goes a bit cheaper, right now its 39.99 at the cheapest but if it was 30 i would bite......I want those extra emblem layers.

#12 Edited by I_Stay_Puft (3158 posts) -

@i_stay_puft said:

@andorski said:

Just got in and added to cart we'll see... I'm grabbing the digital deluxe pack since it comes with the china rising dlc...

#13 Posted by chiablo (920 posts) -

20 for Battlefield 4 is great, when it works. I havent played for a week or so but has it gotten more broken? because it was alright with not crashing when i last played.

Also i hope Battlefield 4 Premium goes a bit cheaper, right now its 39.99 at the cheapest but if it was 30 i would bite......I want those extra emblem layers.

Battlefield Premium for $30: http://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/1ohy1r/origin_mexico_battlefield_4_premium_2831_2281/

But you are logging and buying it on the Mexican origin store, so it's a little on the shady side.

#14 Posted by Evilsbane (4582 posts) -

@evilsbane said:

@i_stay_puft said:

@andorski said:

Just got in and added to cart we'll see... I'm grabbing the digital deluxe pack since it comes with the china rising dlc...

I can't even get to the cart....

#15 Edited by I_Stay_Puft (3158 posts) -

yep site is down.

Oh wow, the original music video to this song is pretty messed up.

#16 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4337 posts) -

@ericsmith said:

First World Problems.

Experiences will vary because the majority of the games I've finished were without problems and it's not like you can avoid problems due to every version of the game being somewhat fucked. The PC one seems the most stable, if you stay away from 64 player matches then most of your games will be fine. Most of the serious server problems that I've seen have only been with the full 64 player servers.

#17 Edited by Optix12 (611 posts) -

@i_stay_puft said:

@ericsmith said:

First World Problems.

Same here this game will be 40+ dollars for quite some time this is a deal.

First world EU problems :(

#18 Posted by GaspoweR (2940 posts) -

@i_stay_puft said:

@ericsmith said:

First World Problems.

Experiences will vary because the majority of the games I've finished were without problems and it's not like you can avoid problems due to every version of the game being somewhat fucked. The PC one seems the most stable, if you stay away from 64 player matches then most of your games will be fine. Most of the serious server problems that I've seen have only been with the full 64 player servers.

Yeah same here but I don't play it very frequently but I haven't encountered crashes with 5 or 6 matches I've had the past week or so.

#19 Posted by TheHT (11102 posts) -

Uggggg I wish I waited. Don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed my time with BF4, but paying 60 bucks for a PC game that I'm not way the fuck into to begin with always lingers in my mind as a bad fuckin idea.

Oh well. Dark Souls and Van Helsing bought and downloading. ONWARDS!!!

#20 Posted by subyman (595 posts) -

Thanks for the code. I've heard the SP is bad, but I enjoyed BF3's campaign so I might pick it up just to run through that.

#21 Posted by Demoskinos (14733 posts) -

If I could reasonably run it on PC I'd think about it. Thinking about getting a PS3 copy since many places have it for $25 today?

#22 Posted by Aureoloss (60 posts) -

Has this been disabled? I'm in my shopping cart and it is rejecting my promo code

#23 Posted by chiablo (920 posts) -

@aureoloss: I was finally able to get it and the code worked for me. Did you go to dpgamer to generate the promo code?

#24 Edited by I_Stay_Puft (3158 posts) -

Site should be back up and good to go. Thanks @chiablo. A reminder the $10 code isn't just for BF4 but most people will probably use it for it since its half off only for today.

#25 Posted by Aureoloss (60 posts) -

@chiablo: I did. I've tried two different promo codes, and neither have worked. Not sure if the site is having problems, but it's loading just fine for me, it just says the promo code cannot be applied to my purchase.

#26 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (3158 posts) -

@chiablo: I did. I've tried two different promo codes, and neither have worked. Not sure if the site is having problems, but it's loading just fine for me, it just says the promo code cannot be applied to my purchase.

Worked for me and I checked out a few minutes ago. Look again on reddit and use one of the ones from the opening posts?

#27 Posted by Evilsbane (4582 posts) -

@aureoloss said:

Worked for me and I checked out a few minutes ago. Look again on reddit and use one of the ones from the opening posts?

Just finished purchasing Digital Deluxe edition keep trying good luck duder.

#28 Posted by subyman (595 posts) -

$10 off just worked for me on the BF4 Digital Deluxe edition. So it is still working.

#29 Edited by Andorski (5241 posts) -

I'm an idiot; where do you paste in the discount code on the Origin website?

[edit] Nevermind, found it.

#30 Edited by RockyRaccoon37 (431 posts) -

Codes are US only

#31 Posted by Ben_H (3336 posts) -
#32 Posted by Malphye (413 posts) -

Thanks for the info. Got my copy.

#33 Edited by Garfield518 (404 posts) -

Sometimes when people say "US only," Canada works.

This was not one of those times. :(

#34 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (3158 posts) -

Sucks, pay attention to the boards though Europeans sales are going down all throughout the weekend. It's Gamapalooza 2013!

#35 Edited by Itwastuesday (956 posts) -

I got in on this, but I think I might give it back to EA for my 20$ back. The server browser is a fucking joke, and the game runs like shit for me. Though I can run anything else on max settings, this game stutters on LOW, so fuck it.

#36 Posted by Butano (1731 posts) -

Wow. Thanks for the find! Totally nabbed BF4 even though the beta ran like absolute garbage. But, with Black Friday tomorrow I'm hoping to get a new mobo+processor combo to fix that.

#37 Edited by MyNiceIceLife (618 posts) -

Good thing I noticed this before my Amazon order shipped. Picked up the digital deluxe for the same as the regular pc version, and saved a trip back home to pick it up so I could get it.

#38 Posted by Fattony12000 (7270 posts) -

I'm good, thanks.

#39 Posted by Chrjz (326 posts) -

Anyone else getting, "Sorry, this promotion cannot be applied. Please remove your current promo code to continue" ..?

#40 Posted by Nights (609 posts) -

Good deal. I already have it for the PS4, but I'll pick this up so I can play with my PC buddies.

#41 Edited by Chrjz (326 posts) -

So, I got this to work in Canada. You have to use a US proxy and enter a fake US address for your PayPal account during checkout. Just before you confirm your payment and go to the PayPal page, turn off the proxy and then sign in to PayPal and complete checkout. I got it for $21.39 USD

#42 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (3158 posts) -

I got in on this, but I think I might give it back to EA for my 20$ back. The server browser is a fucking joke, and the game runs like shit for me. Though I can run anything else on max settings, this game stutters on LOW, so fuck it.

Are you running the game on windows 7? I read on one of the preivous threads there's a way to fix the stuttering issues.

#43 Edited by Mcfart (1599 posts) -

@itwastuesday said:

Are you running the game on windows 7? I read on one of the preivous threads there's a way to fix the stuttering issues.

Also update your GPU drivers (consider beta drivers, though I'M NOT LIABLE). Went from massive stuttering to 60 smooth.

Also BF4's netcode is terrible.

#44 Posted by Zurv (442 posts) -

pretty amazing deal. I picked up a copy for my brother today for $20