#1 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -

For once good news for Battlefield fans, amongst much bemoaning of suboptimal server performance and numerous other woes, the Megalodon has landed. Certainly enough to put a smile on my face again. DICE is awesomesauce, even if there's a bitter aftertaste of late. Anyways, here it goes...

Battlefield 4 Players Have Finally Found The Megalodon

#2 Edited by Marcsman (3177 posts) -

OMFG Shark Week was right.

#3 Posted by Veektarius (4750 posts) -

Why does it explode when it hits the water?

#4 Posted by HurricaneIvan29 (582 posts) -

That's nuts.

#5 Posted by theveej (824 posts) -
#6 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5376 posts) -

Yes. Just yes.

#7 Posted by Lukeweizer (2640 posts) -

Why does it explode when it hits the water?

It landed on a boat.

#8 Posted by Marz (5648 posts) -

holy... that fucker was a lot bigger than i expected when i watched the video.

#9 Posted by Sacui (46 posts) -

For once good news for Battlefield fans? The game had its problems, but come on now. And that is, one giant freaking shark. I wanna see it in person.

#10 Edited by csl316 (8369 posts) -

That's a big ass shark. I assume that's the type of stuff you'll see in SOMA.

#11 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -
@sacui said:

For once good news for Battlefield fans? The game had its problems, but come on now. And that is, one giant freaking shark. I wanna see it in person.

Its troubles depend on platform. For the longest time I had no problems on PS4, except for the occasional, and frankly rather rare rubberbanding lag, while the game was riddled with bugs on PC. Currently rubberbanding lag is very widespread on PS4, even extending into the wee hours of the night, which is unusual. Dunno how it is on other platforms right now, but when I'm getting rubberbanding lag at 2 AM on a weeknight, playing on what's supposed to be local servers, something's not quite right. EA/DICE definitely got their work cut out for them.

#12 Edited by SteadyingMeat (1146 posts) -

I really wish more games would have massive sea monsters in them. Even though I'm absolutely terrified of them.You better not disappoint me again with ES VI, Bethesda! (And yes, I know sharks aren't monsters :P)

Anyway, that was awesome. Really cool how giant he is. I love easter eggs like this. I hope someone posts a video of it from in the boat.

#13 Posted by Xeiphyer (5601 posts) -

So good, but what exactly triggers it? I didn't see an answer in the video. I'm guessing its just being in a boat at that location or something, but that makes me wonder what took so long in finding it.

#14 Posted by Crembaw (359 posts) -

Something tells me that the size of this Megalodon has been greatly exaggerated. Still god damn cool, though.

#15 Posted by crithon (3111 posts) -

I feel like Futurama Professor walking in saying "GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!"

#16 Posted by Dethfish (3638 posts) -

More games need Megalodons

#17 Posted by Capum15 (4859 posts) -
@crithon said:

I feel like Futurama Professor walking in saying "GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!"

And now I can't unhear it.

#18 Posted by Scrawnto (2440 posts) -

@xeiphyer said:

So good, but what exactly triggers it? I didn't see an answer in the video. I'm guessing its just being in a boat at that location or something, but that makes me wonder what took so long in finding it.

It looked like it said ten people have to be around that buoy.

#19 Posted by crusader8463 (14419 posts) -

Last time I tried to play the tanks could no longer shoot their mini guns. Till basic gameplay like that is fixed this isn't going to get me to boot the game up.

#20 Posted by falserelic (5399 posts) -

We need a Jurassic Park mode or something. Shit that was aswome man brought a smile to my face.

#21 Posted by crithon (3111 posts) -
#22 Edited by Itwongo (1174 posts) -

Wait... What?

#23 Posted by Random45 (1119 posts) -

Hah! I was wondering if they would add this easter egg in ever since that whole 'hunt' a while back. I'm glad DICE went ahead and did this.

#24 Edited by KaneRobot (1510 posts) -

Kind of sad it's just in new DLC and not a months-buried secret that has only now been found.