#1 Posted by Sterling (2094 posts) -

So I generally don't play MP in any games. Mostly because I am not that competitive. So I generally tend to go slower and never really take part in any team or group settings. I tend to just run around like a moron and die a lot. So I get frustrated a lot and give up. I tend to avoid MP for all games but sports games (soccer, football, basketball) as those are more my type of MP, one on one. And I bought the PS3 version of this with the PS4 upgrade. Mainly just to get the SP trophies. No idea why I did this. It was a 2 am on a whim kind of thing. Silly me. I think it had more to do with the $10 back thing going on and I had little too much captain in me that night.

So anyways, now that I own this for two platforms I feel like I should be playing the MP. Because (reasons), otherwise it was just a waste of money really. So If anyone has any tips, or anything I should know as a Battlefield Newb (like I literally know nothing, I;ve only play BF SP to this point in my life). That would be great. I did get into Dust 514 for a while. And I am pretty much sticking to team death match and obliteration (I think thats what its called, its basically what the game of Dust is, you capture and hold positions, no vehicles), and I can hold my one in those without squading up. But any of the others one, man. Not having much fun.

As an example of things to know, I was in the mode where you capture and deliver the bombs. I somehow got lucky, picked up the bomb and took it to where it needed to go. But I had no idea how to deploy it. I was just standing there like a moron with all these other players fighting for their lives to protect me/the bomb, and I couldn't figure out what to do. There was no prompt for button or anything. So I stood there until I died. Then someone else picked it up and deployed it in like 15 seconds. I felt really stupid.

Also I find it really hard to aim with these early guns. Its night and day compared to SP. The guns are terrible, and the aiming response time is very slow. And I feel I die too fast. One, two shots. yet it takes me 5-6 shots to the face region to fill someone. Is this just because I am level 2 and these people are all in the 20's range?

#2 Posted by IBurningStar (2160 posts) -

Allow me to share the words of a great sage with you.

"Shoot that guy!" -Gary Whitta

#3 Edited by GoranP (1115 posts) -

Regarding you feeling that the guns are terrible and are quickly dying- that's just because you haven't had a lot practice yet. The starting sniper is very good, the assault rifle is solid, support gun is solid, and I can see the case for the engineer starting gun being poor (but also it is meant for close quarters where it excels).

To be honest, yeah it was pretty stupid of you not knowing where to take the bomb but also understandable since you're new, so don't sweat it! Look on the mini map, you want to plant the bomb at the opposing team's control points (they light up a different color than your team). When you're there, walk up to the black vertical computer looking thing and hold the plant button (E on pc, not sure about PS4). Prompts come up for me on PC, so I dunno why you didn't get one.

The 24 player Battlefield experience is pretty poor, so you won't be experiencing "the real deal" until you get your PS4 version.

Random ass things to know:

As a medic you revive people after you unlock the defib (you get this after you get a certain amount of points with the assault class). You can use the defib to bring a dead ally (if they have an icon over their corpse) to 20 health or charge it for more hp. You can also throw medpacks on people to heal them, so do that often.

As a support you can restock people with your ammo packs, be generous with them.

Spot people constantly (check your controls for the key). This lights them up on the map and in game with a triangle for your team.

Conquest is the main mode where each team fights over control points and has a ticket count. 1 death = 1 ticket loss. First team to run out of tickets loses. Controlling more points will also bleed the enemy tickets.

In Obliteration, there is 1 bomb and 3 control points for each team. You want to blow up all 3.

Rush is attack/defend in which a bomb must be planted at 2 bomb sites (and it must explode) in order for the attacking team to advance.

Squad dm is multi team tdm. Tdm is just tdm.

There are a lot of ways to play 1 class especially with the unlocks you get. How you want to play is mostly up to you, so get creative. Lone wolfing in BF can get tough but just take it slow, don't charge straight into the action. Try flanking a lot and always scan around for enemies when you advance.

TLDR: It sounds like you just don't have a lot of experience with mp games and could use more practice by simply playing. It'll be tough at the start but if you push through it's a much more rewarding and fun experience.

Edit: Also, there are class specific guns (assault rifles for example) that you get by playing that class. You can also unlock guns of particular category (i.e. carbine) by playing with that type of gun.

#4 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -

Thinking before running and gunning. A plan will help you succeed. Also - amongst all the virtues beneficial to gaming, confidence is the most key.

Sometimes though, all is lost, because your team is shit. You get one free team switch. Use it.

#5 Posted by Sterling (2094 posts) -

@goranp said:

To be honest, yeah it was pretty stupid of you not knowing where to take the bomb but also understandable since you're new, so don't sweat it! Look on the mini map, you want to plant the bomb at the opposing team's control points (they light up a different color than your team). When you're there, walk up to the black vertical computer looking thing and hold the plant button (E on pc, not sure about PS4). Prompts come up for me on PC, so I dunno why you didn't get one.

I took it to the right spot, as marked on the mini map, but there was no prompt for me to do anything with it once I got there. There was also a line between me and the destination, so there was no way to take it to the wrong location. I guess I'll chock that up to it just glitching and not giving me the prompt.

#6 Edited by Sterling (2094 posts) -

@seppli: That was something I was unaware of. I'll have to see if I can find the online manual to see how to do that.

#7 Posted by Seppli (10251 posts) -

@seppli: That was something I was unaware of. I'll have to see if I can find the online manual to see how to do that.

Start. Team Setup. R3. From the top of my head.

#8 Edited by mano521 (1218 posts) -

Strange, i thought the starting guns were quite good, besides the u100 anyways. The best advice would be to first test out all the air vehicles in the test range and get a feel for flying jets and helis. Then move on the the ground vehicles that arent self explanatory, such as the artillery truck. Then jump in to some conquest and stick with your squadmates and see what they do. Battlefield is all about knowing what each map is about and thinking about how other players will move around the map and utilize it.

last bit of advice is, look up. Theres probably going to be a sniper up there.

#9 Posted by Sterling (2094 posts) -

I put in a few hours of this tonight. I am actually really enjoying it. A lot more than I thought I was going to. I spent some time in the test range with other weapons, and it was just the stupid ak with the iron sights that was giving me issues. Once I started using other scopes and other guns I started getting a feel for the aiming again. I also ended up doing some squad stuff. Hooked up with some random dudes in squad death match and played with those same three guys for like two hours.

#10 Posted by Spoonman671 (4568 posts) -

In general, your positioning on the map is a more important factor in your success/failure than is your ability to aim at and shoot guys. You should be thinking a lot about lines of sight, and how to approach objectives safely while providing yourself with the upper hand in terms of positioning. There is no completely safe place on any map, but there are places that are really unsafe. Avoid those.

If you find your having trouble shooting guys, then pick a support class and focus on healing/reviving/spotting/resupplying your teammates until you can get the hang of the gunplay. You'll earn plenty of points to keep progressing and unlocking new items.

#11 Posted by awesomeusername (4154 posts) -

Your username, hahaha.

#12 Edited by PandaBear (1312 posts) -

@ps4_fanboy:

DON'T AIM

If you're having trouble aiming, don't do it. Pick a PDW, use it until you get a foregrip and laser sight and forget the left trigger for a while. The bullet drop on these guns is quite high so don't shoot over a distance, but back in BF3 a M5K or MP7 (two low damage PDWs) were brilliant in tight spaces.

THE OTHER REASON is that bigger scopes take longer to aim. An 8x scope takes about half a second, but a Kobra sight with no zoom takes a tenth of a second. Sounds insignificant but it all matters.

DON'T RELOAD

Get out of the habit of reloading after four or five shots. Reloading can take as long as eight seconds on big guns, or as low as two seconds on a pistol. An M1911 pistol will fire just about as fast as you can pull the trigger, or a G18 can empty it's small clip in a few seconds on full auto. My point is if you're being pursed pick when you reload carefully, or better yet switch to your pistol. Don't treat your pistol as that seldom used second gun, it's your emergency weapon and will save your life more than grenades.

HERE'S WHAT YOU'RE PROBABLY DOING WRONG

• Newbies sprint too much ... do it when you have to get between cover, not when enemies are close ... a second to stop sprinting, a second to aim, a second to bring up the scope, a few miliseconds for bullet velocity ... it all adds up.
  • Don't aim all the time, hip fire first then bring up your scope in close combat.
  • Don't knife guys unless 100% sure you're safe. It takes time and can backfire easily.
  • Shotguns in tight maps are brilliant, but you'll be exposed while loading shells. They take ages. Risk/reward.
  • DON'T empty your clip. That one in the chamber reduces reload by up to a full second.
  • If you use an support class gun, like a big M249, use the mount and and fire in bursts. Surpress, surpress, surpress. It pisses people off as much as bitch snipers, but fuck them. Support class is designed to for medium range crowd control.

USE YOUR FUCKING PACKS!! There's nothing worse than a medic who won't revive people or throw down health OR a support class who won't throw down ammo packs. Throw it ANYWHERE. People will find it, use it and you get the experience points.

You don't have to kill people or be the leader to contribute. Hang back and heal, be the gunner on a tank, repair vehicles... You get rewarded just for helping out.

STICK WITH IT. I know you'll grow to love this game. I haven't played BF4 yet, this is from 250 hours of BF3. And I suck at that game compared to most people... but I love it. And I know I'll love BF4 on PS4 soon enough.

#13 Posted by Sterling (2094 posts) -

@pandabear: Thanks for the tips. Yeah, I sprint a lot, and that is what is now that I think about, most of my aiming issues. Trying stop from a sprint and then target a guy who is turning around me or running away from me, etc. Once I mostly stopped doing that it was fine. I've also been sticking to the modes that suit my play style so far. And will migrate to the others over time. I've been mostly doing doing the death matches, domination and defuse. The others are a little harder for me. But those modes suit how I am used to playing a FPS, and I am having more fun in those at the moment.

And I need to start using my pistol more. Especially if I want to level up the ranking to use the M1911, that is pretty far down the upgrade path.

#14 Posted by PandaBear (1312 posts) -

@pandabear: Thanks for the tips. Yeah, I sprint a lot, and that is what is now that I think about, most of my aiming issues. Trying stop from a sprint and then target a guy who is turning around me or running away from me, etc. Once I mostly stopped doing that it was fine. I've also been sticking to the modes that suit my play style so far. And will migrate to the others over time. I've been mostly doing doing the death matches, domination and defuse. The others are a little harder for me. But those modes suit how I am used to playing a FPS, and I am having more fun in those at the moment.

And I need to start using my pistol more. Especially if I want to level up the ranking to use the M1911, that is pretty far down the upgrade path.

Play Conquest is my other advice. So many assist points on offer... Guarding flags alone gets you extra points. Domination is cool too, but a long drawn out Conquest game gives you time to earn more ribbons (which are calculated per match) and in turn more experience.

Also, I'd highly recommend a G18 or other auto-pistol... Weak and jumps a lot, but if your aim is off you can still land a few shots.

#15 Posted by Sterling (2094 posts) -

Holy crap, how are dudes level 71 already? I've played for around 14 hours and I am level 11.

Also can you spawn vehicles? Or do you only get those that are pre spawned on the map? I can never find one, not even at the very start of a match. I mean more on the lines of Tanks/helicopters/jets. Jeeps and atvs are everywhere.

#16 Edited by ikilledthedj (279 posts) -
@ps4_fanboy said:

Holy crap, how are dudes level 71 already? I've played for around 14 hours and I am level 11.

Also can you spawn vehicles? Or do you only get those that are pre spawned on the map? I can never find one, not even at the very start of a match. I mean more on the lines of Tanks/helicopters/jets. Jeeps and atvs are everywhere.

they only spawn on the map. When you spawn look near the Starting base and you will see icons lit up so u can spawn right into a vehicle if one is available

#17 Posted by Sterling (2094 posts) -

Yeah, I never see those lit up. Must just be bad timing and or others camping to get them.

#18 Posted by puglife (1 posts) -

Anyone looking to squad up for this please add me on 360. Gt DreadDestro

#19 Posted by believer258 (11685 posts) -

Play Conquest

That's honestly the best way to play Battlefield. Conquest. And find a role to play. You're not a jack-of-all-trades. Decide if you're going to be a guy who helps take out infantry, a guy who takes out vehicles, a guy who heals your teammates, etc, and stick to that class's strengths. It's a little annoying when some guy gets a rocket launcher and proceeds to stand around like an idiot while a tank or helicopter wastes everyone.

Really, it's a matter of practice and patience and trying.

But seriously, stick with Conquest. All of the best stuff happens in Conquest.

#20 Posted by slyspider (1162 posts) -

Grabbing the medic pack and being a dedicated healer is a really good strat for big battles. That said I'm on PC so this might now work with the lower count of people

#21 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -

@believer258 said:

Play Conquest

That's honestly the best way to play Battlefield. Conquest. And find a role to play. You're not a jack-of-all-trades. Decide if you're going to be a guy who helps take out infantry, a guy who takes out vehicles, a guy who heals your teammates, etc, and stick to that class's strengths. It's a little annoying when some guy gets a rocket launcher and proceeds to stand around like an idiot while a tank or helicopter wastes everyone.

What about Rush? From all the modes, I'd put Rush on the same level as Conquest. Rush defined Battlefield on consoles, and it's almost as popular as Conquest - at least on consoles. It's definitely the most tactical of all the modes.

The split in the Battlefield fanbase is like 50% prefer Conquest, 30% prefer Rush, the rest plays whatever.

As the OP is playing on PS3, with the 24 player cap, Rush is really the way to go. It's simply tons more intense and exciting than 24 player Conquest on often too vast maps.

#22 Posted by Splodge (1080 posts) -

Some things I have learned when playing Battlefield multiplayer over the last five years or so:

• Stick with your squad! Spawning on your squad is a great way to keep a rolling offense going, or bolster up a defensive position. If you are the last man left standing in the squad, and you are in an advantageous field position, get to a safe place and wait a few seconds for your squad mates to spawn on you.
  • Unless it's a death-match, your k/d ratio is not the most important thing. Points in conquest for example are assigned by killing enemies, capturing conquest points, defending points, killing enemies while they are attacking / defending a point. I have been top of the leader board with terrible k/d ratios before because I was playing strategically, capturing/defending points, etc.
  • Check your corners, and look behind you! When entering an area, be sure to quickly look either side of you and if its all clear, glance behind to see if you are being stalked. Once I made this a habit, I died a LOT less.
  • If you are sniping, move to a new position after a few kills. It doesn't have to be too far away, but if you just killed someone who knows the map well, they will undoubtedly know where you are and go looking for revenge.
  • Cook your grenades! A second or two makes it harder for enemies to get out of the blast zone. There is a contact grenade in BF4 that you will unlock after a certain amount of grenade kills that explodes one second after hitting a surface. These are especially useful for tight groups of enemies.
  • Also, SPOT! SPOT EVERYTHING! Even in a close quarters fire-fight I now compulsively hit the Q key first. It only takes a split second, and it makes things easier if your enemy gets away from you. Spotting also saves the lives of allies.
  • The game also gets easier the better you know the maps. Bottlenecks can get you into a nasty position. Knowing the directions that enemies most commonly come from in relation to capture points will help you in setting up fields of fire.
  • Don't worry if you suck at flying. That will get easier with experience. It's not a bad idea to log onto an empty server and fly jets and helicopters around.

There's a lot more, but it all comes with play. Good luck!

#23 Posted by Xeiphyer (5597 posts) -

It takes some time to adjust to the multiplayer for sure. As for the guns, all the guns are balanced, but it can be hard in the very beginning because you lack most of the accessories for the guns. Luckily they start you out with more of the basic ones than previous games.

The maps take a little while to learn too, once that happens you'll do a lot better.

Oh and I'd recommend playing with some friends, lots of GB people playing that you can jump in with. Having a full squad really helps you do better.

#24 Posted by believer258 (11685 posts) -

@seppli said:

@believer258 said:

Play Conquest

What about Rush? From all the modes, I'd put Rush on the same level as Conquest. Rush defined Battlefield on consoles, and it's almost as popular as Conquest - at least on consoles. It's definitely the most tactical of all the modes.

The split in the Battlefield fanbase is like 50% prefer Conquest, 30% prefer Rush, the rest plays whatever.

As the OP is playing on PS3, with the 24 player cap, Rush is really the way to go. It's simply tons more intense and exciting than 24 player Conquest on often too vast maps.

I played some of BF3 on consoles and Conquest was pretty good there too, though it was a little sparse at times. There were just some areas of the map that were completely empty.

However, I'll agree that Rush is a pretty good gametype, especially on consoles where the lower player count is funneled to one general area instead of spread out.

#25 Edited by Sterling (2094 posts) -

@seppli said:

@believer258 said:

Play Conquest

I played some of BF3 on consoles and Conquest was pretty good there too, though it was a little sparse at times. There were just some areas of the map that were completely empty.

However, I'll agree that Rush is a pretty good gametype, especially on consoles where the lower player count is funneled to one general area instead of spread out.

Rush and Domination are the two modes I play the most. Followed by Team Death Match. Then Defuse. Then Squad Death Match. Then Obliteration. Then Conquest.

Conquest is the worst of the modes in my opinion right now. No one knows what they fuck they are doing. Everyone runs around like morons. And I've yet to be in a game of 12v12. Its usually 6v8 or 8v7 or something. And its usually one team who sticks together vs 5 lone wolfs. and small squad. So its never any fun. Not enough dudes playing that mode at the times I play. And I usually get stuck on the team of jack monkeys. And they destroy all the vehicles and then run around by themselves or camp waiting for them to respawn. While I follow one or two dudes in a make shift squad and try to hold one objective. While we get mauled by a team of 8 dudes working as one. So fuck that mode for the time being. I'll check back in to that on PS4.

Rush and Domination on the other hand are always full up with 12v12. And I can always find three other guys to work as unit. And Domination reminds me of Dust. Which I should probably turn back on see how much SP I've built up over the last four months and play some of that.

#26 Edited by believer258 (11685 posts) -

@believer258 said:

@seppli said:

@believer258 said:

Play Conquest

Rush and Domination are the two modes I play the most. Followed by Team Death Match. Then Defuse. Then Squad Death Match. Then Obliteration. Then Conquest.

Conquest is the worst of the modes in my opinion right now. No one knows what they fuck they are doing. Everyone runs around like morons. And I've yet to be in a game of 12v12. Its usually 6v8 or 8v7 or something. And its usually one team who sticks together vs 5 lone wolfs. and small squad. So its never any fun. Not enough dudes playing that mode at the times I play. And I usually get stuck on the team of jack monkeys. And they destroy all the vehicles and then run around by themselves or camp waiting for them to respawn. While I follow one or two dudes in a make shift squad and try to hold one objective. While we get mauled by a team of 8 dudes working as one. So fuck that mode for the time being. I'll check back in to that on PS4.

Rush and Domination on the other hand are always full up with 12v12. And I can always find three other guys to work as unit. And Domination reminds me of Dust. Which I should probably turn back on see how much SP I've built up over the last four months and play some of that.

I remember it being way better when I played it on the Xbox, and it was definitely great on the PC with 64 players.

#27 Posted by Sterling (2094 posts) -

For those players playing on PS3. How do I spot? Using the *what ever that thing is called* as a recon, I can not spot enemies. What do I have to do to spot them? Is that thing only for vehicles?

#28 Edited by Splodge (1080 posts) -

For those players playing on PS3. How do I spot? Using the *what ever that thing is called* as a recon, I can not spot enemies. What do I have to do to spot them? Is that thing only for vehicles?

Check the controls, it should be just mapped to a button. I play on PC, sorry if that's no help :(

#29 Posted by Seppli (10251 posts) -

Tap R2 to spot. Hold R2 for Com-Rose.

#30 Edited by Sterling (2094 posts) -
@seppli said:

@ps4_fanboy said:

Tap R2 to spot. Hold R2 for Com-Rose.

Thanks. I was holding it, no wonder it wasn't working.

#31 Posted by Sterling (2094 posts) -

Ugh. I just had my second ever lock up on this game. And it couldn't have come at a worse time. I was playing conquest, and we were dominating (as was I personally, probably by far my best match in that mode yet). I lost so many upgrade points. Stupid lock ups. I think I am just going to grind out level 25 for the gold trophy and call it quits until PS4. I had no issues and then all the sudden two lock ups today.

#32 Edited by fox01313 (5064 posts) -

From the time spent in BF3, most of what's above is quite good. Another thing is to pick one or two kits/classes & just stay with them as well as spot everything ever & just stick with your group. If you are happening to wind up as the squad leader, hang back to see how things are going, if a spot is about to be captured by your side, flag another one that's nearby or attainable so if they wind up capturing it you'll get some credit for it. And with your kits going off a recharge, use them all you can as you should get some credit if people pick up healing/ammo/ect. from what you left for them if you don't use some of it yourself.

Early on as much as I loved the engineer class I'd find myself mostly going with the assault/medkit route & staying with the group and reviving all I could plus the starting gun was decent compared to the engineer. On the bigger maps, give the sniper rifle a try & skirt the edges of the map and spot all you can even more with the fancy scope. It does take a while to get higher in level but found personally that the assault/healer was the best to start.

#33 Posted by Ghost_Cat (1397 posts) -

In terms of overall enjoyment, I think awaiting for the PS4 upgrade to play with the full 64-player capacity will really make a difference on the flow and play-style of a Battlefield game is something to keep in mind. In terms of tips and tactics, I will say that you need to spot enemies asap, slow down, and think (quickly) about how to approach the situation. This game isn't like most twitch shooters, so flanking and positioning is key to confronting enemies/conflicts. Often, due to the wide-open nature of the maps, consciousness of your surroundings and understanding your current environment will help you live longer. And burst/single fire smartly as much as you can (practice this), because your target(s) is more likely a bit distant from you to engage in close-combat spray matches.

#34 Posted by Missacre (566 posts) -

@pandabear: I aim all the time, though. Yes, I take the time to stop, bring up the sights, and shoot. It did take quite a while to master it, especially with the 870MCS/slugs/iron sights, but now I get accused of aimbotting all the time because I get headshots constantly (no cheats, though, honest!). You pretty much have to get a kill right away or die, so that really motivates. Also, I agree with everything else you said. There's nothing worse than a medic who won't revive or drop medkits or a support that won't drop ammo. It really does annoy me.

#35 Edited by GreggD (4482 posts) -

As soon as someone is in the middle of your crosshairs/ironsights/scope, unload on them. Assault rifles are the easiest to just dump with, but be aware of the bullets left, as stated before you will want to reload before expending an entire clip. Also, the pistol suggestion is valid, especially if you actually do expend an entire clip from your primary weapon, because your pistol swaps in an instant, then you can easily finish off an enemy. But anyway, Support class' default guns (LMGs and the like) are second best for automatic fire, but you will definitely want to add a grip or use the bipod, the latter making it virtually impossible for drift to come into play when firing automatically. Do short bursts at distances, and you will get more kills in no time. Oh, and with bolt-action sniper rifles, you can pretty much guarantee that you'll need two shots for a kill, unless you're lucky and someone already damaged your target, or you score a headshot. (unless you're playing hardcore, which means the bolt-action rifles score a kill from pretty much anywhere on the body) Oh, and if you get good at sniping, or just want to work on it, remember that the distance notches on those scopes actually do matter, because they can give you a quick reminder of what distance matches up with what notch, and then you aim so that the notch is over your enemy. It can be a life saver, especially in Conquest or Rush, where the maps tend to get pretty expansive. So yeah, there's a few handy tips for ya. Some of it may be a little obvious sounding, but if you're coming from a game like CoD or the like, these kinds of tips will definitely make you a better player. Anyway, hope this helps, and have fun!

#36 Edited by TheHT (10933 posts) -

How the hell are people able to stay outside of map limits without getting killed? One match we were getting bombarded by a dude in that mortar tank thing waaay out there, and I just had a match where snipers were hanging out there on a different map.

#37 Edited by Sterling (2094 posts) -

@theht: Depending on which mode and map, each team will have their own off limits area of the map that only that team can access. A small safe zone if you will. Which allows for spawning in an area where you wont get killed instantly.

#38 Posted by OldManLight (828 posts) -

played a bunch of BF3 on all 3 platforms and just picked up bf4 on PC.

1st, and best thing anyone can tell you is to slow down and move with a purpose in mind. This is not Call of Duty or Halo. People who run around like chickens with their heads cut off in battlefield end up being easy points for veteran players.

2nd, figure out a "job" that you like to do to help your team.

Recon: If you like spotting enemies, lasing vehicle targets, and taking out enemy snipers, you're a recon guy.

Support: If you like to be in the fight, providing ammo for your team, and just laying down buckets and buckets of suppressive fire,

Assault: If you like to be a little more mobile and want to heal and revive teammates, you're this guy

Engineer: and finally if you hate enemy vehicles with a passion and want to see all of them burning into charred hunks of metal while keeping your team's vehicles alive.

3rd, Always be spotting enemies, it highlights them for your teammates and if one of them kills a guy/vehicle you spotted, you get points.