Reviews Coming In

• 53 results
chiablo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

The review scene should probably stop treating PC like it's a single, max-spec platform that "wins" every time based on the fact that it can be as powerful as you want it to be (and are willing to pay for).

It's a variable platform by nature! You get exactly what you put in. The more useful question is, what is the gaming market's average gaming PC setup-- and how well will that setup run the game? We should use that for comparisons. Or at least, present that as another point of comparison.

It's supposed to be about the experience the majority of people will get from playing the game, and making the best choice for their real-world situation. Not some kind of "theoretical maximum" platform-based pissing contest.

...Even though it always turns into that.

PS: WE GOT 180 MORE P, SUCK IT XBO

PS4 4 LYFE

Well, how the game plays for the average PC gamer can also vary wildly. Some are ok with having lower resolution textures and disable some post processing in order to get a higher framerate. People like me are more concerned with making it look good and can handle sub-30 FPS. I don't know a single person who has a 1080p monitor who runs at a lower resolution, so it's all about graphical options.

All they can really do is use the systems they have in-house, and tune the graphics options for an equivalent framerate to the consoles.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

I hear so many people talking about how the single player portion of the game is a rabid pile of shit, but then I see review scores giving it an 8 or a 9.

PART OF THIS GAME IS APPARENTLY NOT GOOD, AND PEOPLE ARE LAUDING IT?

I mean, I get it: Battlefield is not a game that people come to for the single player campaign...necessarily. However, after they were able to raise their bar exponentially with the Bad Company series, I just do not...FOR THE LIFE OF ME...understand how a bad story with bad AI can be overlooked because of a multiplayer feature set.

REVIEW THE FULL FUCKING GAME, AND DON'T JUST THROW ASIDE PART OF IT BECAUSE ZOMG MULTIPLAYER!

I want a review of a FULL product, and if you are going to attach a goddamn score to the thing, make it accurate to the review.

Beyond that, great to hear that the multiplayer doesn't suck nutsack.

Rick_Fingers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@jakob187: do you knock points off a predominantly shitty multiplayer mode in what was obviously always intended to be a singleplayer game?

Do you mark down a game becuase one multiplayer mode is crap. One map? One gun?

The reviews state BF4 is a great multiplayer game with a mediocre single player portion. Why do you need a different number when the text tells you exactly what you need to know?