#1 Posted by Wuddel (2092 posts) -

Everytime I join a server I get disconnected (time out) after a while. I even manually updated PunkBuster...

#2 Posted by Grissefar (2842 posts) -

Great job, DICE.

#3 Edited by Dallas_Raines (2161 posts) -

Then don't be a punk, buster.

#4 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4352 posts) -

There are a bunch of other issues that are plaguing the servers. Punkbuster isn't the only thing that may be causing problems.

#5 Posted by Andorski (5311 posts) -

PunkBuster is complete shit. Honest players get kicked out by the anti-cheat program on the reg while the server I play on relies of an Admin to constantly be on to prevent someone using an aimbot to fuck up the entire game.

I had the same issue of the game kicking me out of BF3. I had to re-install the PunkBuster client itself for it to start working again.

#6 Posted by Slaegar (713 posts) -
@andorski said:

PunkBuster is complete shit. Honest players get kicked out by the anti-cheat program on the reg while the server I play on relies of an Admin to constantly be on to prevent someone using an aimbot to fuck up the entire game.

I had the same issue of the game kicking me out of BF3. I had to re-install the PunkBuster client itself for it to start working again.

PunkBuster is indeed shit. I remember having to deal with it to get Bad Company 2 working.

It seems to work decently at stopping cheaters, but its just like bad DRM. It seems to just make things suck for honest players.