So getting kicked due to PunkBuster is still a thing

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Everytime I join a server I get disconnected (time out) after a while. I even manually updated PunkBuster...

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Great job, DICE.

Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Dallas_Raines

Then don't be a punk, buster.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

There are a bunch of other issues that are plaguing the servers. Punkbuster isn't the only thing that may be causing problems.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

PunkBuster is complete shit. Honest players get kicked out by the anti-cheat program on the reg while the server I play on relies of an Admin to constantly be on to prevent someone using an aimbot to fuck up the entire game.

I had the same issue of the game kicking me out of BF3. I had to re-install the PunkBuster client itself for it to start working again.

Slaegar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@andorski said:

PunkBuster is complete shit. Honest players get kicked out by the anti-cheat program on the reg while the server I play on relies of an Admin to constantly be on to prevent someone using an aimbot to fuck up the entire game.

I had the same issue of the game kicking me out of BF3. I had to re-install the PunkBuster client itself for it to start working again.

PunkBuster is indeed shit. I remember having to deal with it to get Bad Company 2 working.

It seems to work decently at stopping cheaters, but its just like bad DRM. It seems to just make things suck for honest players.