Avatar image for holycrapitsadam
holycrapitsadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By holycrapitsadam

So I just finished the "Episodes" mode of this game. I played on Veteran which is the hardest difficulty available at the start. I also got all of the collectables and story based trophies through my playthrough. I have also played a bit of the multiplayer (im like level 6 as of writing this). Please feel free to ask any questions you have regarding this game. I will avoid posting any story spoilers.

My personal impressions as a huge battlefield fan who has played every single battlefield game is that, the single player was decent fun. The story was fairly predictable but the new mechanic of making enemy's "freeze" and arresting them added a stealth element to a series where I usually go in guns blazing. You die extremely quickly which is my biggest complaint but other than that, I enjoyed my time with the story. I beat it in around 10 hours or so.

The multiplayer plays exactly like you would expect a current Battlefield game to play. It feels just like Battlefield 3/4. Some of the new modes like Heist and Blood Money are fun but most of my time has been spent in Conquest (cause that's what you play in a Battlefield game). I like the new progression system that allows you to buy any gun or attachment or whatever you want if you have the cash. It aliviates the problem of wanting a certain weapon but having to wait till you reach a certain level to unlock it. Instead I can find what weapon works best for me or what weapons I want the most and get those first rather than having to wait.

Overall, it's a pretry good Battlefield game that I will definitely play more of for a while

Sarnecki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What I want to know concerns the multiplayer, because lets face it campaign has always only been a nice little side addition that's appreciated at best.

How does it stack up to BF4? As a PC player I didn't really experience the bulk of the problems with BF4 online. Aside from a bug or two or a crash here or there it was a pretty reasonable game... And it was FUN, and look GORGEOUS. My problem and my buddies problem when we played the beta was that it felt like BF4 only scaled down severely. No tanks, no assault choppers, no jets, just infantry, SUV's, APC's and little bird and transport choppers. Is the very limited vehicle choice still a thing? If it's not, I'll buy the game gladly, but if it is, it's the dumbest shoot yourself in the foot move EVER.

holycrapitsadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sarnecki: there are vehicles for sure but they are mostly for transport. The game runs smooth and I have t run into a bugs or hitches yet but it's before the game is out so who knows what will happen when everyone hits the servers hard in a couple days. There aren't any tanks or jets, they have a few trucks with mini guns on them and a few heavier armored vehicles but it definitely feels like more of an "on foot" style game. it does feel like a scaled down version of BF4 a little bit but there are still some decent sized maps albeit not as vehicle intensive

Sarnecki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's all I needed to know. I'm out. I gave them some time to try to fix the game, but I'm not interested in paying 60 dollars for a product that isn't even up to the standards of what Battlefield 4 was. I'll reinstall that instead and have a blast.

Vextroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

How is the stealth? Is it decent enough for experimentation or is it the shit stealth were 'follow this pre-determined plan and use the freeze mechanic here, here and here and any attempt to deviate gets you a one way ticket to the previous checkpoint. ?

I liked the look of the campaign from the quick look between the stealth and framing as a Cop Show. Will get this when it's on sale, either this christmas or next year.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Is it a complete glitch/jankfest, like other Battlefield campaigns?

holycrapitsadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By holycrapitsadam

@vextroid: some of the levels are open enough that they allow for some experimentation but I definitely felt like there was only a couple of ways to "correctly" do it without getting spotted on more than 1 occasion.

holycrapitsadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beachthunder: there is a lot of clipping of enemies. I had more than 1 occasion of them floating through a closed door and I had 1 guy buried halfway through the floor so only his torso and head were exposed to hit. Other than that, it never froze on me and the frame rate never dropped which was nice

NathanXplosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

How is the size of the maps? My main worry about the multiplayer is since they moved from a military setting to cops and robbers, the maps would be significantly smaller.

steveurkel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Woop woop here comes da police

Woop woop here comes da police

Woop woop here comes da polic

Sarnecki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You screwed up the lyrics Steveurkel. Shame on you.

holycrapitsadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nathanxplosion: the maps are definitely smaller. The lack of jets coupled with the fact that vehicles are much less important than before has definitely led to smaller maps but that isn't a bad thing necessarily. instead there are more skyscrapers and other interior areas with multiple floors and rooms. It's like they built up instead of out.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By veektarius
zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@holycrapitsadam: I need a bit of a baseline. What did you think of the single player campaigns of the previous Battlefield games?

white

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By white

You mind explaining to me the ending?

In fact, explain to me why Mendoza was willing to work with the people who fucked him over. If I were him, I wouldn't trust the woman who backstabbed me and send me to jail for 3 years while my mother died of what I would assume to be the biggest shock and disappointment of her life. Furthermore, the ending seemed kinda abrupt. You take down Dawes and you indirectly inherit his corrupt empire and immense wealth and then what? Are we supposed to fill in the blanks ourselves? That's some "finish the fight" cliffhanger right there. Would much rather prefer he shoot Dawes and end it there.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The single player part of the quick look made the game look incredibly boring. How accurate is that to the rest of the campaign? Does the video portray it poorly?

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Do you get to play as Benito Martinez in the campaign?

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Are you a cop?

holycrapitsadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hassun: the campaign felt fine. I think the emphasis on stealth was a interesting new way to play a battlefield game. The story was pretty boiler plate and very predictable. It was about as good as other battlefield campaigns. Just an extra bonus as the focus on battlefield is the multiplayer

holycrapitsadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@white: I agree with everything you said. I felt the same way. I can't explain it any better than you did.

@jesus_phish: the single player is somewhat boring only because they really want you to use stealth vs going all out balls to the walls. That said, I feel like that first mission was definitely one of the weaker missions so I guess it does pick up a little bit. Nothing crazy though.

@i_stay_puft: sadly no.

@joshwent: I can confirm that you are a cop.

CatsAkimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Do you get any multiplayer unlocks that you can only get from singleplayer?

Also, is there any co-op type like there was in BF3, or is it just the story single player and competitive multiplayer? I'm guessing not since I haven't seen anything about that, but wasn't sure.

schlorgan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

How does the single-player compare to that of Advanced Warfare? Cause I remember Sledgehammer saying that the campaign for that game would be 1. Different from other CoD games and 2. Longer than other CoD games, both things being completely false. Does this do a better job of that?

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25  Edited By GaspoweR

When you said that the emphasis was more on building up instead of out, do you feel like its different enough to be fun compared to the other BF games or do you feel the lack of robust vehicle options due in part to the setting is a setback?

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By hassun

@holycrapitsadam: That's really disappointing because really disliked the Bf3 campaign and felt nonplussed about the Bf4 campaign. With Visceral at the helm of the SP I had much higher hopes this time.

Without the campaign being good I really don't see why this thing isn't an expansion pack to Bf4 other than EA wanting to get more money out of it.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Fredchuckdave

*Plays on Veteran*

*Complains about dying too fast*

*Nods emphatically*

How much of the game is doable in stealth/arrest mode? Seemed like an interesting enough concept though I wouldn't buy the game for it.

holycrapitsadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@catsakimbo: you get battlepacks that unlock random gun camo's and emblems and stuff. No guns or anything. There is no coop. Just single player and online competitive multiplayer.

@schlorgan: it's just about as long as Battlefield 4's campaign and it feels like a Battlefield campaign is supposed to feel. Nothing crazy but as with any Battlefield game, the single player isn't the main focus.

@gaspower: I don't know. The more I play the multiplayer, the more I feel like it's missing something and I think more vehicles is that something. I was never the biggest vehicle guy in previous Battlefield games but I definitely appreciated the option. This just starts to feel like a Call of Duty style game where the emphasis is on infantry combat which isn't what I come to a Battlefield game for. It feels like a Battlefield game for sure, but I feel like they did take a step backwards with the lack of offensive vehicle options.

@fredchuckdave: I completed the majority of the single player without setting off alarms and getting into huge firefights. I was able to stealthily take out large camps of enemies which felt satisfying but it did start to get repetitive since there is only like 1 or 2 ways of stealthily taking out enemies.

Mustainium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Mustainium

The level played in the Quick Look was sleep-inducing, does it get better?

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

If you mess up the stealthy arrest stuff, is it pretty much game over or does it then turn into an actual game of friggin' Battlefield? Are you able to shoot your way out of combat scenarios?

holycrapitsadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@whitegreyblack: yes you can shoot your way through scenarios but if you go to arrest someone and mess it up, the animations from arresting someone to pulling out your weapon to shoot a guy seems to take a little to long and since you die so quickly, you die before you can retaliate. Most of my deaths during the campaign were because of this I felt like

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Do you feel this is worth it's full price tag? I feel like it would have been better severed as an expansion. As someone who really likes the Battlefield games I just don't see this being worth a full purchase. I just don't give a shit about these kind of single player campaigns. If this was 30 bucks for the multiplayer content alone I would of jumped on it day one.

daddy_gab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for taking the time to answer questions. I played the beta and had some fun with it, but it didn't grabbed me enough to purchase it. I think I will just watch campaign play throughs in YouTube and stick with BF4.