Do you think this will still be a Wii U exclusive?

• 75 results
HairyMike87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

Edited By HairyMike87

Poll Do you think this will still be a Wii U exclusive? (239 votes)

Yes! It will sell lots and sell systems! 49%
No! They will need to go multiplatform to profit! 38%
No interest. 14%

Judging by the sales of the Wii U so far, is it still viable for Platinum to only put out Bayonetta 2 on the Wii U? Will this be another Rayman situation?

• 
TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

And I seriously doubt a lot of people are waiting to buy a Wii U just for this game.

Which makes it so much sadder to do exactly that. T.T

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#52 gamer_152  Moderator

Others have said it here, but yeah, Platinum aren't the ones putting this out, Nintendo are, and I see almost no chance of them letting this go multi-platform.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By probablytuna

@hailinel said:

@probablytuna said:

I'm sure that after a year so of they will find a way to purchase the publishing rights back and go multi-platform. Judging by the size of the Wii U install base it's not gonna sell significantly (double so when this is a niche game), so the potential number of people buying this game is even smaller. And I seriously doubt a lot of people are waiting to buy a Wii U just for this game.

No, that's not how this works. Platinum is not a publisher. Another publisher would need to both be willing to buy the publishing rights from Nintendo as well as foot the bill for developing other console versions. Platinum is not going to do that themselves.

Sure, maybe they can convince Sega to take up publishing duties again. Point is, I just don't think it is a wise decision to stay on Nintendo's platform when 100% of their previous fan base is on the two other consoles right now.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

@hailinel said:

@probablytuna said:

I'm sure that after a year so of they will find a way to purchase the publishing rights back and go multi-platform. Judging by the size of the Wii U install base it's not gonna sell significantly (double so when this is a niche game), so the potential number of people buying this game is even smaller. And I seriously doubt a lot of people are waiting to buy a Wii U just for this game.

No, that's not how this works. Platinum is not a publisher. Another publisher would need to both be willing to buy the publishing rights from Nintendo as well as foot the bill for developing other console versions. Platinum is not going to do that themselves.

Sure, maybe they can convince Sega to take up publishing duties again. Point is, I just don't think it is a wise decision to stay on Nintendo's platform when 100% of their previous fan base is on the two other consoles right now.

You're going to be severely disappointed if you truly believe this is going multiplatform.

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Morrow

I certainly hope it comes to other consoles, but I doubt it.

This. Loved the first game, but one game isn't a reason for me to get a console.

Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@hailinel said:

@probablytuna said:

They don't have a choice, this game wouldn't even exist had Nintendo not funded it.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

From the mouth of a Platinum employee: "If you want a PS3 version ask Nintendo. You might also want to ask for PS3 Zelda."

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel: Actually not really. I'm not that invested in the series.

@sathingtonwaltz: In that case, I hope they succeed financially.

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@icemael said:

From the mouth of a Platinum employee: "If you want a PS3 version ask Nintendo. You might also want to ask for PS3 Zelda."

Sounds like the best idea I heard this year. Maybe Insomniac can make it. Maybe we get games (not remakes) more often again. (Yes I know it will never happen but a man can dream)

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By MikkaQ

It's gonna stay exclusive because of Nintendo's involvement, but it's not going to make any real impact on Wii U sales, I imagine.

@Hailinel That's not outside the range of possibility though, there are devs who have bought back the publishing rights to their own IPs so they can have shop the game out to another publisher or to self publish. Double Fine comes to mind.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nintendo (funded it) and are publishers. Stay exclusive

Avatar image for charlie_victor_bravo
charlie_victor_bravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Yes and no. I think Bayonetta 2 will stay as Wii U exclusive, but we will see Bayonetta Dual Climax (or something named like that), which will be reworked better version of the Bayonetta 2.

Sidewalkchalk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Yes, but not for your reason given in the poll. Nintendo basically ponied up for Platinum to even be able to make Bayonetta 2, so it's going to be exclusive for at least a decent amount of time. If I were Nintendo, I would sell the rights to Sony for a PS4 version. I'm sure Sony would pay a decent amount for that.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#64  Edited By FLStyle
BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#65  Edited By BabyChooChoo

It will be a WiiU exclusive for the foreseeable future. It won't move a ton of copies or hardware. Say what you will, but I feel like the majority of the people who would ever give a shit about the series don't care about and/or have no plans to get a WiiU. That doesn't mean it will be a failure per se, but I think anyone expecting this to be anything even remotely resembling a blockbuster is out their minds.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

While Nintendo IS paying for it, I would not rule out the possibility of Nintendo allowing co-publishing duties to put it out on other consoles if the game doesn't push systems and copies quickly enough.

Nonetheless, I think that Nintendo will keep it exclusive...and thus the Bayonetta franchise will be killed off because it won't be the profitable thing that Nintendo wants.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f71e1dc474f5
deactivated-5f71e1dc474f5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It wouldn't exist if Nintendo hadn't of paid for it to be developed, so yes I see it remaining a Wii U exclusive.

p00rdevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it stays exclusive to the Wii U it means I won't be playing it. That is all I have to say about that.

frankfartmouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By frankfartmouth

I remember the guy who was in charge of RE4--when it came out as a Gamecube exclusive--stating that you'd see him cut his own head off before you'd see a port. Then we saw a port like, six months later or something. And no cut off head.

I know it's not the same situation as far as who's publishing what and all that, but still. Makes me wonder whether a similar thing might happen.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#70  Edited By Hailinel

I remember the guy who was in charge of RE4--when it came out as a Gamecube exclusive--stating that you'd see him cut his own head off before you'd see a port. Then we saw a port like, six months later or something. And no cut off head.

I know it's not the same situation as far as who's publishing what and all that, but still. Makes me wonder whether a similar thing might happen.

RE4 is not an analogous situation. RE4 was produced entirely by Capcom. The game had no financing or publishing ties to Nintendo. They could have made it multiplatform at any time despite any proclamations by the game's director.

Bayonetta 2, on the other hand, is being funded by Nintendo. It would not exist without Nintendo. There is absolutely no scenario in which a multiplatform release would happen, which is what Kamiya has stated in his own sarcastic manner every time he gets asked for a port to a Microsoft or Sony console. It's not going to happen because that is not Platinum's decision, nor is it Sega's decision. It is entirely up to Nintendo, and there is no way on this earth that the game will see release on any console that does not have the Nintendo name associated with it.

rebgav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel: All of which is a pity because it means that only like 12 people are ever going to play it. I just hope that a not-sega not-nintendo company buys or signs Platinum to a deal so that we can all play their games without having to beg publishers or buy dud systems.

Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

On the one hand, I want Bayonetta to be as successful as possible because it's quite literally the best game of its genre, and 2 looks to be even better. On the other, fuck everyone who's flipping out about it being Nintendo exclusive. If you want to be mad at anyone, be mad at Sony and Microsoft for not caring enough about the series to continue it.

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#73  Edited By MocBucket62

Nintendo is the company that has publishing rights to this game right? Therefore, its a Wii U exclusive. No way Bayo will Rayman Legends her way out of this one.

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As much as I want it to go multiplatform, it's not going to which probably means I'll never play it. It'll be the first Clover/Platinum game I've missed. ._.

irrelevantjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

I really doubt it's gonna go to any other platform any time soon or at all.

I was surprised to actually hear that Mass Effect 1 made it to the PS3. I thought Microsoft would've held on to that game but if EA has the $$$ than why not.