#1 Posted by Movius (16 posts) -

Any nominees for the most David Cage moment in the game? Some of my favourites:

a) David Cage's idea of a teenage girl's birthday party

b) Press X to child birth

c) Shoot African Child's father who turns out to be a good guy, inadvertently killing a democratically elected president and then jumping out of a flying helicopter in response

d) Heavily French accented, Not at all Chinese, Kazakhstan Army General

#2 Posted by Funkydupe (3321 posts) -

I'm not even sure what you wanted to achieve with this thread. You don't like David Cage, is that about the extent of it?

#3 Posted by Klei (1768 posts) -

You mean, David de Gruttola? Fits better with his face. Always knew his name sounded phony.

#4 Posted by Movius (16 posts) -

I've enjoyed all his games. However they always have dramatic moments that make no sense at all.

#5 Edited by SuperWristBands (2266 posts) -

@funkydupe said:

I'm not even sure what you wanted to achieve with this thread. You don't like David Cage, is that about the extent of it?

I can't tell if your on the defense because of recent threads but there appears to be nothing wrong with this thread. David Cage is an... interesting creator. He often does things that are silly. It sounds like this thread is asking what are the silliest things in the game.

#6 Edited by DonChipotle (2768 posts) -

How about the fact that the end of the game is "Oops, humans are evil and caused the ghost apocalypse, better bring out Ellen Page and homeless baby girl to save the day!"

That's pretty David Cage.

#7 Posted by SecondPersonShooter (618 posts) -

How about the fact that the end of the game is "Oops, humans are evil and caused the ghost apocalypse, better bring out Ellen Page and homeless baby girl to save the day!"

That is...not the ending I chose. Picking the Homeless Baby Girl seemed random and nonsensical.

#8 Edited by Hailinel (24961 posts) -

@donchipotle said:

That is...not the ending I chose. Picking the Homeless Baby Girl seemed random and nonsensical.

And yet, David Cage made it an option.

#9 Posted by Demoskinos (14871 posts) -

Even as someone who has criticized the games writing I thought the party scene was actually pretty dead on and one of the best scenes in the game actually. It was essentially a ode to Carrie which is extremely oddly timed considering the remake is out damn soon.

#10 Posted by Nodima (1225 posts) -

Even as someone who has criticized the games writing I thought the party scene was actually pretty dead on and one of the best scenes in the game actually. It was essentially a ode to Carrie which is extremely oddly timed considering the remake is out damn soon.

COLLUSION!

#11 Edited by Encephalon (1267 posts) -

The Ghostpocalypse, definitely. Seeing Ellen Page standing up there in her Fallout 3 cosplay made me just lose it.

#12 Posted by EveretteScott (1495 posts) -

How about surviving the explosion at the end, "we won't be coming back". Yet they all did. Just bad 'happy ending' writing all over.

#14 Posted by SlashDance (1818 posts) -

Nathan almost causing the apocalypse because he misses his dead wife and kid was pretty stupid.

#15 Posted by Mr_Misery (258 posts) -

Shower scene and fighting off rapists.

#16 Posted by Ryanmgraef (236 posts) -

This game was fucking insane in some really fun ways!

#17 Posted by Quarters (1719 posts) -

How about surviving the explosion at the end, "we won't be coming back". Yet they all did. Just bad 'happy ending' writing all over.

In all fairness, you could totally not have that be the ending.

#18 Posted by tsutohiro (364 posts) -

1. This should've been a poll.

2. A and B.

#19 Posted by RecSpec (3827 posts) -

If your answer isn't the bar scene you're fucking nuts.

#20 Posted by jimmyfenix (3855 posts) -

WHAT EVEN IS THIS GAME ? .....After reading every comment in this thread i will be buying this game asap. Cannot wait any longer.

#21 Posted by Humanity (9375 posts) -

WHAT EVEN IS THIS GAME ? .....After reading every comment in this thread i will be buying this game asap. Cannot wait any longer.

Likewise! I wasn't really interested that much so I didn't mind reading spoilers but now that I read these bits and pieces that incidentally somehow managed to not spoil anything.. I think I really need to play this game.

#22 Posted by Fattony12000 (7454 posts) -

#emotions

#23 Edited by Spoonman671 (4645 posts) -

@movius said:

c) Shoot African Child's father who turns out to be a good guy, inadvertently killing a democratically elected president and then jumping out of a flying helicopter in response

Then immediately walk over to pay phone and call father figure to talk it out.

#24 Posted by Jedted (2372 posts) -

The whole "Beyond" ending....very David Cage.

I did find it quite beautiful however, kinda what i imagined the Control/Synthesis ending in ME3 to be. It's all about shedding your physical being to become something MORE.

#25 Edited by GunstarRed (5207 posts) -

Probably the part where it turns into a bunch of nonsense.

#26 Posted by lusence (345 posts) -

the awesome graphics. the mundane yet somehow ground breaking intrigue that comes with just walking around a room interacting with little DOTS. The superb animations with just simple movements and facial structure. the totally cool story line with super natural appeal. the radically fun QTE. the non-linear story that allows you to choose what you say and enter new scenes if you make mistakes. the multiple ending all done very well giving you up to 7 or so endings based on how you choose your destiny. all of those are pretty normal for cage i think, and his um game premise.