#1 Edited by Nilazz (639 posts) -

Who will join the cast next? The Rock? We can only hope!

Release date has also been confirmed, October 8th for NA and Europe.

#2 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -

I hope this game is actually good and doesn't blindside you with the weakest, cheapest twist ever like Heavy Rain.

I found Heavy Rain super refreshing otherwise.

#3 Posted by Winternet (8055 posts) -

Paul Walker.

#5 Posted by Clonedzero (4196 posts) -

wow, so many big names. it can either be great or awful.

#6 Posted by GunstarRed (5480 posts) -

Ha! So that rumour from a few months back was true.

#7 Edited by BabyChooChoo (4830 posts) -

@sooty said:

I hope this game is actually good and doesn't blindside you with the weakest, cheapest twist ever like Heavy Rain.

Agreed. I think this game has a lot stacked against it as far as public perception goes. As much praise as Heavy Rain got, I feel like there was equally as much ridicule towards it and David Cage himself. Also, I know it isn't exactly the same thing, but The Walking Dead set a high bar as far as narrative-heavy adventure games go. I can see the two getting compared a lot for better of for worse.

#8 Posted by probablytuna (3831 posts) -

His arms look really thin compared to his body. I hope this isn't gonna be like LA Noire in that the heads and bodies don't match in the level of detail.

#9 Edited by SlashDance (1843 posts) -

Shit, I thought that was coming out sooner...

#10 Edited by Zirilius (732 posts) -

this was a Mistake, should of gotten Nic Cage. A ASSURED 10 SOLD

I fixed that for you.

#11 Posted by Funkydupe (3321 posts) -
#12 Edited by OllyOxenFree (4988 posts) -

SOLD.

#13 Posted by Dagbiker (6978 posts) -

@sooty said:

Heavy Rain was great when you were playing it, and when I think back, I really enjoyed the story, until the second I finished it, and started thinking about the plot, and putting things together. If I had never finished the game, It would have been a better game.

#14 Posted by Voxus (350 posts) -

It's confirmed, Willem Defoe is the new Nolan North.

#15 Posted by TheHT (11819 posts) -

Awesome!

#16 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4702 posts) -

Jim Sterling shall be pleased.

#17 Posted by Kerned (1169 posts) -

But will there be sufficient polygons to allow us to feel emotion???

#18 Edited by rjayb89 (7729 posts) -

Well, that gives one reason to consider playing this game.

#19 Edited by Lego_My_Eggo (1066 posts) -

His arms look really thin compared to his body. I hope this isn't gonna be like LA Noire in that the heads and bodies don't match in the level of detail.

The La Noire tech looked good, but was fairly limited in how you could capture the facial animations. It looks like they are going the Naughty Dog route and capturing the body, face and voice all in one go to make it more natural.

#20 Posted by Venatio (4493 posts) -

@lego_my_eggo: Wow they are really good, not that it's surprising. Let's just say that Heavy Rain did not have top of the line voice acting, just made it hard for me to take that game as seriously as it wanted me too.

Hope the other characters that show up are good too

#21 Posted by Gamer_152 (14113 posts) -

This makes me very happy.

#22 Posted by jerseyscum (926 posts) -

If Dafoe's character is playable.....I might have to take back every mean thing I've said about Indigo Prophecy. And mail David Cage a nice bottle of French wine.

#23 Edited by MariachiMacabre (7100 posts) -

@sooty said:

These were my feelings as well. They basically said "Whose the most likeable of the protagonists?" and made him the bad guy. Really fucking lame. Great game otherwise.

#24 Posted by Pr1mus (3952 posts) -

"There was a FIRE FIGHT!"

#25 Posted by tunaburn (1891 posts) -

@probablytuna said:

The La Noire tech looked good, but was fairly limited in how you could capture the facial animations. It looks like they are going the Naughty Dog route and capturing the body, face and voice all in one go to make it more natural.

this looks like it would be awkward as hell to be one of the actors this way.

#26 Edited by EVO (3941 posts) -

Future of video games/cinema right here.

#27 Posted by Funkydupe (3321 posts) -

I'm looking forward to this, but I keep thinking about it as a movie and not a game. I'm fully expecting it to play like Heavy Rain, filled with quick time events.