Bioshock Infinite: Buy the console version as well?

Irishdoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

I played through it on the PC, which was beautiful. A truly incredible game, front to back. But that's not the point. I'm considering buying it on 360 just to play it on the upstairs TV which has far better SOUND than my PC. Is it crazy to buy a $60 game twice? I could also play some sections for my wife that way, which I'd like to do.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 30

#2  Edited By BeachThunder

Buy ALL the versions!

OldGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By OldGuy

I'd temporarily move the PC to the TV and use a wired (or wireless - as I have a dongle) 360 controller if it was me...

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I think it's crazy paying that much again for 720p sub 30 frames but hey it's your money.

donkeycow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldguy said:

I'd temporarly move the PC to the TV and use a wired (or wireless - as I have a dongle) 360 controller if it was me...

This. Buying the game a second time would be a waste of hard earned money.

uniform

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By uniform

I have the game for both PC and PS3. Even on my ancient rig (8800 GT, Core 2 duo 3 ghz) it's quite a dramatic difference. The console version truly is an eyesore when compared to even a slightly above minimum system req. PC. Don't waste your money.

louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's the distance? You could get a 50 ft HDMI cable and a wireless receiver for a 360 controller for less than the cost of the game. It would then work on other games as well.

Chibithor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Chibithor

I'd say try to see if you can spend the money for a way to play your PC games on the upstairs TV.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By bigjeffrey

I played both version, the console version has terrible low textures, but if you want a reason to play it again why not. ACHIEVEMENTS

expensiveham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By expensiveham

Are you really that lazy that you would rather buy the game again instead of just getting a long hdmi cable or moving your PC? If you want i can come over and move your PC for you for just 55$!

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By Justin258

If you've got income that's so easily disposable as to buy a $60 game that you already own, again, just so you can play it upstairs, then I'd bet you could come up with the disposable income to buy an upstairs gaming PC or maybe super-long HDMI and USB cables.

You have a number of options that are better than "buy the game a second time", especially considering that several of the other options involve the possibility of playing any of your controller-compatible games in front of the TV with better sound.

flushpockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While everyone makes valid points about hdmi cables and moving the pc, I just want to point out, if you buy it again that's another chance to "vote with your wallet." The more sales a great game like this has, the more likely it is we get more original games instead of COD rip-offs.

Wheady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13  Edited By Wheady

While everyone makes valid points about hdmi cables and moving the pc, I just want to point out, if you buy it again that's another chance to "vote with your wallet." The more sales a great game like this has, the more likely it is we get more original games instead of COD rip-offs.

this is a good point, but at the same time im sure this game already has a lot of votes, haha! i hooked my pc up to my tv for this game cause i wanted to play on a big screen and it was awesome.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@irishdoom: I did this and regretted it. I beat the game on PC and loved it - kept thinking about it non stop for a while. Really wanted to replay it to catch all the little hints in the story so I bought myself a 360 Premium edition. The visuals take such a drastic hit on the console version that I literally had a hard time continuing - and I predominantly game on the 360 so it's not like I'm part of the elite PC master race.

They do some weird stuff with post processed anti aliasing that completely muddles the textures. The framerate also isn't super hot. I've literally abandoned that playthrough and decided to replay it on PC instead. I've doomed myself to having Bioshock Infinite with 2 achievements on my Gamertag (such shame..) but oh well.

rockman10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#15  Edited By rockman10

I bought console version, and it looks pretty great actually. Really having a good time with the game.

And, I dunno, I bought Dark Souls 3 times.. and FF7 probably 3-4 times.

jdh5153

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Redbox it, that's what I did. I mean I haven't played the PC version but I got it for the 360 from Redbox about a week and a half ago, had no problem finding it. Should finish it to day.

jdh5153

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wouldn't a sequel having a lot of sales just drive them to make another sequel? Bioshock is great and all, but I think 'voting with your wallet' could have the opposite effect in this case and before you know it you'll be getting annualized Bioshock games / spin-off games.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

The console version looks a little ugly in some spots but it's still great.

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By mikey87144

I could understand from my situation, (planning on buying it for PC once it goes on sale), but your way is just a waste of money. You can buy a 50ft HDM1 cable for less than $10. You can move your PC to your upstairs TV for free. It's your money.

Lelcar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 25

I'm definitely ok with buying Bioshock Infinite multiple times.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

As someone who owns the PC version and can play it on max settings, and was stupid enough to buy it a second time on PS3 (for science!) I'd say don't do it. Once you've seen the PC version, you can't really downgrade to the muddy tear filled console versions.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you simply must, just hold out until it's at a budget price. That way you can come at it with less replay fatigue, too.

I understand the appeal of having both console and PC versions of a game on hand, but there's no need to spend $120 doing so.

johnsublime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've bought several games twice over the years. Although to be fair it was usually console and then PC. A high amount of Bethesda games, Oblivion, Fallout 3, New Vegas and Skyrim were all bought on 360 and then on PC for me.

It's down to you if you think the game is worth it.

Could you not move your PC up to the room in question and play with a controller for the same effect?

BlatantNinja23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

just move your PC for a second?