Girls Just Want To Have Fun (Possible Spoilers?)

AcidBrandon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I just noticed that a flute plays "Girls Just Want To Have Fun" while you are on the beach with Elizabeth. Did anybody else notice this? Blew my mind. lol

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By colourful_hippie

Weird, I didn't know there was more than one instance of that. I heard it somewhere else later in the game where it was more obvious.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By Snail

Hah. No I didn't. It's cute because there's an evident contextual meaning, in that Elizabeth just wants to go to Paris.

It's like God Only Knows at the beginning, except that song held a lot more meaning regarding the whole story (in hindsight), and it's also an infinitely better song.

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By myke_tuna

Another one of these is "Tainted Love" playing in Shantytown. I didn't catch that one because it was so late/early and I had been playing the game for damn near 11 hours straight. I did catch both the Cyndi Lauper joints though.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

There is a lot of songs that don't belong.

There is a reason, if you find the explanation. It's in the world as you play the game. I wont say where- even this is a spoiler to some people

guanophobic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Posting from iPad, can't spoiler mark (you've been warned): Heard it first on the beach by an automated organ. Later on, you'll hear the original through a tear near a graveyard.

bkbroiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

There is a lot of songs that don't belong.

There is a reason, if you find the explanation. It's in the world as you play the game. I wont say where- even this is a spoiler to some people

To me, finding this out was one of the coolest parts of the game.

intro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Heard Fortune Son, twice (once was a character singing it. Pretty awesome.

Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The barbershop quartet that sings "God only knows" at the very beginning is awesome too.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@bkbroiler: I agree. I thought it was awesome as well.

bkbroiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Also, sweet cover of Everybody Wants To Rule The World!

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By JasonR86

I just noticed that a flute plays "Girls Just Want To Have Fun" while you are on the beach with Elizabeth. Did anybody else notice this? Blew my mind. lol

Wait till you're later in the game. That specific song is reference again and one of the audio files explains why you heard it. It's fucking awesome. In case you just want to know now...

There's a musician, the brother (I think?) of the character Fink, who hears music through tears and then writes songs based off of the music he hears. You get this audio file from this musician's house which has a tear in it. From that tear 'Girls Just Want To Have Fun' is playing.

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

There's also a floating house in the Market District where it plays too and you can hear if through a tear.