#1 Edited by AcidBrandon18 (1079 posts) -

I avoided the quick look, forum threads, basically everything involving this game. Normally I don't care about spoilers ext, but these games are so heavily story and world driven that I just had to have a media blackout on it and I am so happy I did. Do you guys feel the same way?

#2 Posted by Mrsignerman44 (1105 posts) -

Same here dude, media blackout all the way! I even avoided the trailers completely before release.

#3 Posted by Tarsier (1491 posts) -

heck ya

#4 Edited by WilltheMagicAsian (1547 posts) -

Yeah, the only thing I saw before playing Infinite was the first gameplay trailer they released a couple years ago.

#5 Posted by Subjugation (4782 posts) -

I didn't get that opportunity because someone created a troll account on here and posted the final plot twist/ending around midnight PST a few days before official release. He put it all in the thread title (it was a poll so it was allowed to have a long title) so I was broadsided while just scrolling through the topics. I still enjoyed the journey, I just didn't get to experience the surprise that everyone else did. :(

#6 Posted by AcidBrandon18 (1079 posts) -
#7 Posted by Mezmero (2333 posts) -

I avoided all trailers and spoilers too. Woot woot.

#8 Edited by DorkPheasant (15 posts) -

@mrsignerman44: suprisingly i found that i didn't need to keep blacking out trailers or even reviews because suprisingly even the community kept quiet for it, well at least they kept it in a spoiler thread and people weren't shouting it out as they would on other games. I am really happy with the Bioshock Infinite community for keeping the ending such a secret!

#9 Posted by Klei (1799 posts) -

I was watching a video review on gametrailers, having avoided almost everything since a year in order to keep this game entirely spoiler-free, and some dude added a comment describing the very ending of the game in bold caps.

#10 Posted by Dalai (7765 posts) -

You bastards didn't spoil the game for me. Thanks, you lovable bastards.

#11 Edited by bitchypixels (73 posts) -

I also took part in a media blackout and I think it was what was needed for an absolutely immersive experience. I was amazed the whole time.

#12 Posted by JasonR86 (10003 posts) -

I avoided the quick look, forum threads, basically everything involving this game. Normally I don't care about spoilers ext, but these games are so heavily story and world driven that I just had to have a media blackout on it and I am so happy I did. Do you guys feel the same way?

Yeah, I didn't watch the QL, read the review, or watch trailers minus the early one with the horse. I already knew I was going to buy it so why spoil it. But, to be fair, I don't think just a one spoiler-filled sentence could have ruined the experience. There's too much shit going on in this game for a spoiler to have much meaning. It's almost as futile as spoiling Dear Esther as it isn't something that can be spoiled per se.

#13 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4569 posts) -

Everything that happened after the Song Bird battle caught me really off guard I was just in awe of how crazy it got.

#14 Posted by BeachThunder (13092 posts) -

I didn't get that opportunity because someone created a troll account on here and posted the final plot twist/ending around midnight PST a few days before official release. He put it all in the thread title (it was a poll so it was allowed to have a long title) so I was broadsided while just scrolling through the topics. I still enjoyed the journey, I just didn't get to experience the surprise that everyone else did. :(

This ;_; I only saw that Booker = Comstock though, which, to be fair turned out to be pretty obvious, but still =(

#15 Posted by ShaggE (7098 posts) -

@subjugation said:

This ;_; I only saw that Booker = Comstock though, which, to be fair turned out to be pretty obvious, but still =(

Same here (thanks a lot, Epic PM), but the end was still amazing. Jeff/Ryan (I forget who) were right when they said that you can't spoil this game in a mere sentence. The story's too complex for that.