So what's up with Season Pass and 1999 Mode

jasonefmonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By jasonefmonk

Other than the three pieces of DLC coming in the next 12 months, the Season Pass carries a small bonus of extra collectables including – I believe – the missing five fusion upgrades.

I wanted to know from anyone that has the Season Pass: how far in to the story can the collectibles be found, and essentially if they will help in 1999 mode. I played through Hard slowly with only a couple trouble spots.

I'm excited to see more of this game, although I wonder if they can make the DLC relevant without feeling like a retcon, or missing chapters à la Assassin's Creed. I've had one positive season pass experience and that was with Battlefield 3.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#2  Edited By StarvingGamer

The bonus items happen when you enter the... Blue Oyster Bar? I don't remember the name, but it's where the Luteces first give you the shield. It's right after you kill the Fireman so basically immediately.

jasonefmonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By jasonefmonk

@starvinggamer: All of the Fusion upgrades as well, simultaneously? A good boost at the beginning if so.

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@starvinggamer: The Blue Ribbon. The Something or Other Oyster is later in the game.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#5  Edited By wefwefasdf

@starvinggamer: All of the Fusion upgrades as well, simultaneously? A good boost at the beginning if so.

Yeah, it's a pretty good boost. You'll also get the achievement for collecting all the fusion upgrades without actually collecting all the real bottles if you haven't got it already.

rebgav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By rebgav

@starvinggamer said:

The bonus items happen when you enter the... Blue Oyster Bar? I don't remember the name, but it's where the Luteces first give you the shield. It's right after you kill the Fireman so basically immediately.

I am pretty sure that The Blue Oyster Bar is the gay leather bar from the Police Academy movies. XD

jasonefmonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daveyo520,@Agnogenic: Thanks for the information. I do have that trophy but plan on tracking down most of them again to help in 1999 mode. Well then, I'll probably spring for the season pass.

Also on my second playthrough I used the Marksman control configuration (PS3) and really liked it. Just wanted to recommend it. Played the free copy of BioShock (first time; awesome!) first and had a few issues with the controls. I'm happy there are so many options for the gamepads in Infinite.

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By Daveyo520

@jasonefmonk: Hopefully the first one was not spoiled for you somehow.

jasonefmonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daveyo520: The erroneous bold formatting is annoying, you can fix it though.
Surprisingly it wasn't really spoiled, all I knew was underwater city, magic left/weapon right, Andrew Ryan blah blah, and that there was a big twist. I've enjoyed both games immensely.

newhaap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@rebgav said:

@starvinggamer said:

I am pretty sure that The Blue Oyster Bar is the gay leather bar from the Police Academy movies. XD

Yep, I can hear that music playing now :D