#1 Posted by aesthetic_noise (78 posts) -

Can someone direct me to a video that you can hear the Songbird playing a creepy patriotic sounding song? I'm not talking about the shriek it makes in the E3 demo & other trailers. I remember it playing a mechanical/wind up sounding song before it appeared on screen. Can anyone help?

#2 Edited by TohruAdachi (261 posts) -

I remember it playing when Booker meets Elizabeth and is about to enter the building and Elizabeth tells Songbird to wait,the tune plays on the patriotic machine or whatever

#3 Posted by BBQBram (2294 posts) -

Yes it's in the VGA gameplay trailer.

#4 Posted by aesthetic_noise (78 posts) -

@bbqbram said:

Yes it's in the VGA gameplay trailer.

Thanks @bbqbram! The part I was referring to is at the 32 second part of the above video.

#5 Edited by BBQBram (2294 posts) -

@aesthetic_noise: That little tune is too cool isn't it. It's so specific in it's eeriness. One more week!

#6 Posted by aesthetic_noise (78 posts) -

@bbqbram said:

@aesthetic_noise: That little tune is too cool isn't it. It's so specific in it's eeriness. One more week!

Yeah! I was telling a friend about the game and describe how the sound design is so good, but I couldn't find that melody for the life of me! Thanks again duder!

#7 Posted by MrHadouken (206 posts) -

Vaguely reminds me of the last few notes from the Sponge bob theme.

#8 Edited by big_jon (5788 posts) -

I hadn't seen this video.

#9 Posted by Donkeycow (558 posts) -

@big_jon: Neither had i.... I'm not so sure about the gameplay in that video.

#10 Posted by big_jon (5788 posts) -

@big_jon: Neither had i.... I'm not so sure about the gameplay in that video.

I think Bioshock is one of those games where the gameplay takes a back seat to the rest of the experience. I am huge on good FPS combat, but Bioshock is a game that lives up even if it plays sluggishly.