Posted by Claude (16251 posts) 1 year, 23 days ago

What control method are you using for the PC version of BioShock Infinite? (231 votes)

Mouse/Keyboard 49%
Gamepad 41%
If there's an other motherfucker, well, that's fucked up. 10%

I found that the gamepad works great, plus, I'm playing the game on my tv through an HDMI cable. In truth, BioShock Infinite reminds me of the original BioShock in that it's not the greatest of shooters. Probably why the gamepad works so well.

#1 Posted by OfficeGamer (1087 posts) -

I've been on the Xbox 360 since 2005 and I got a gaming PC earlier this year, and let's just say I'll never touch a controller again!

What the hell have I been doing with my life aiming with an analog stick? This mouse shit is THE BEE'S KNEES

#2 Posted by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -

M&K, of course.

#3 Posted by StarvingGamer (7560 posts) -

I like my aiming to not be shitty, thanks.

#4 Edited by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

Twitchy camera takes me out of games, it's why I use a 360 controller unless I'm playing a competitive shooter.

#5 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -

I hate aiming on a controller but the mouse options suck, it feels really, really sensitive. Like I barely move my mouse and the aim is just all over the place, the in-game options aren't working properly because it's automatically set really low, yet it's still super sensitive. Any higher and it's truly unplayable. :/

I guess I should try lowering the DPI in the mouse control panel but that's never been an issue in other games. I feel the game is applying a different level of mouse control, every other game feels the same sensitivity as just moving around the desktop.

One plus to the controller is the right thumbstick is a better way of using ironsights than the middle mouse button. (or any other mouse button that isn't right click since that is used for tonics)

#6 Edited by believer258 (11043 posts) -

Knowing me, I'll probably alternate between the two.

#7 Posted by Heltom92 (693 posts) -

I've been using Mouse and keyboard and it works well, the mouse sensitivity takes a little getting used to though. I heard that if you're using a gamepad and you wanna use another vigor than the two you have equipped you have to pause the game and select the others from the menu whereas on keyboard you just use the number keys so I'll probably stick with it.

#8 Posted by Humanity (7948 posts) -

I want to enjoy myself playing the game instead of sitting scrunched up at my desk, so controller obviously.

#9 Posted by Tannin (6 posts) -

this being a 1st person game mouse and keyboard all the way (they i did change the default keys)

#10 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4281 posts) -

I was gonna controller but I want to swap vigors quickly so I'm going with KBM

#11 Posted by aropepo (1 posts) -

@heltom92: If you hold the switch vigor button on the gamepad it'll allow you to swap out the two vigors you have available.

#12 Posted by psylah (2153 posts) -

Birth controls.

#13 Posted by SlashDance (1758 posts) -

I usually play with a controller because the precision you gain from K/M isn't really worth the trade off (less confort and no analog movement) for most games. That's just me, it's really a matter of preference.

#14 Posted by hughtrue (5 posts) -

I find headshot with a rifle is satisfying and save ammo by the way. So I turn off the aim assist, auto lockon in controll profile.

#15 Posted by rethla (329 posts) -

Laid back with an controller in my hand, is there any other way to play a game? Ofc there is but im not touching M&K for an casual shooter.

#16 Posted by ripelivejam (2786 posts) -

skyhook

#17 Posted by HarlechQuinn (438 posts) -

Unless it's a competitive shooter (not that I play them that much anymore) or a RTS I prefer to play my games with a controller.

#18 Posted by thebeastwithtwobacks (137 posts) -

M&K as of now but im thinking of switching. That mouse sensitivity is nonsense

#19 Posted by BeachThunder (11264 posts) -

Track IR and HOTAS, duh.

#20 Posted by gike987 (1720 posts) -
M&K I don't really care about extra precision in single player games. It's being able to use all the vigors without having to pause the game is main advantage. I really hate having to pause the action and bring up a wheel all the time.

#21 Posted by 49th (2543 posts) -

Started out with M&K but it's kind of uncomfortable leaning forward all the time, especially for a long single player game. I think I'll probably switch to controller so I can just lean back, I don't really care about being super accurate in this type of game.

#22 Edited by JJOR64 (18783 posts) -

Gamepad here.

#23 Posted by Forderz (243 posts) -

M&K for possess, raven swarm, and shock jockey switching.

Goddamn 1999 mode.

#24 Edited by thebunnyhunter (1212 posts) -

Started off with M/K but something felt off so i switched to my PS3 controller. I'll probally give the M/K another try when/if i ever go play the 1999 mode, just for better vigor sqitching

#25 Posted by Ravenlight (8033 posts) -

M+KB. Might do my second playthrough with a 360 controller just for fun.

#26 Edited by Ares42 (2443 posts) -

I've played shooters on computers since I was a teenager. I've only played shooters on consoles for a few years. The difference in control I have between the two is not even comparable.

#27 Posted by Svenzon (699 posts) -

Gamepad. I've moved my computer into the living room recently. I have a wireless keyboard and a mouse, but for gaming my 360 controller is way more comfortable.

#28 Posted by theguy (796 posts) -

M&K, headshots man, headshots.

#29 Posted by Canteu (2814 posts) -

I play my console ports with a controller, thank you very much.

I mean, it's bioshock... you don't need hot twitch 360 no scope reaction skills to beat the shit out of people with a wrench...I mean hook.

#30 Posted by Intro (1191 posts) -

Mouse and keyboard as always. I don't like having to pause the game to switch vigors. Not that it's game breaking or anything, I'd rather just tap the button and have it come up.

#31 Posted by Gravier251 (217 posts) -

I was going to use mouse and keyboard but the sensitivity seemed pretty crazy. I just couldn't find an amount I was happy with so I just played through with a controller instead. Didn't really have much trouble (3 frustrating, identical fights late in the game aside) even on 1999 difficulty.

#32 Edited by LiquidPrince (15606 posts) -

Gamepad.

#33 Posted by Gruebacca (404 posts) -

Keyboard makes it really easy to switch between vigors. The less radial pausing, the better.

Yeah, the sensitivity is really crazy. I had to turn the slider all the way down to get to a comfortable level.

Then I set my mouse to 5700 dpi with the game slider all the way to the right, and I became the Tasmanian Devil.

#34 Edited by Azteck (7447 posts) -

It's a shooter on the PC. I'd be crazy to play it with anything but M&KB

#35 Edited by believer258 (11043 posts) -

I switched to the controller for about five minutes, then switched back to the KBM and haven't looked back since.

#36 Edited by amir90 (2134 posts) -

m&k, Headshots with the sniper yo!

#37 Edited by bybeach (4602 posts) -

I agree w/ the mouse being difficult, but still I have been doing K+M. I'm very tempted to do another playthrough though (on hard or whatever) and also on gamepad. Slowly though, I have gotten used to this Rocat mouse I bought. My previous Death Adder screwed up on me, but really should have bought enother.... Except Rocat does have button dpi adjustment...which I forgot about and am no longer using. Heh.

Just getting used to how they have it set up (minus acceleration).

It's not the first time.

#38 Edited by WesleyWyndam (105 posts) -

I just moved the sensitivity slider all the way down and it's fine. I played a bit with a 360 controller but I didn't care for it.

#39 Posted by Snail (8469 posts) -

Mouse and keyboard is the best way to play first-person shooters.

#40 Edited by AlexW00d (6060 posts) -

If y'all motherfuckers think sitting and your desk is uncomfortable you either have horrendous posture or you need a better chair.

I kinda really don't like using controllers at all, but even if I did I wouldn't use one, cause I need that precision to headshot every enemy with the pistol. The noise it makes when you headshot enemies really adds to the experience for me.

#41 Posted by Humanity (7948 posts) -

I'm 6 hours in according to Steam and using the controller and it's really comfortable and satisfying. Probably the only proper choice for playing this game in any sensible fashion really.

#42 Posted by OfficeGamer (1087 posts) -

@humanity said:

I'm 6 hours in according to Steam and using the controller and it's really comfortable and satisfying. Probably the only proper choice for playing this game in any sensible fashion really.

stop trolling

#43 Posted by tread311 (352 posts) -

Depends on where I'm playing, projector or monitor. I find that the when using the controller there is some weird weight to the sensitivity, almost like a Killzone or something.

#44 Posted by Humanity (7948 posts) -

@humanity said:

stop trolling

If you have something against my preference of peripherals then that's your own prerogative but would you kindly not project your negative assumptions onto me.

#45 Posted by ajamafalous (11591 posts) -