Posted by BeachThunder (11689 posts) 1 year, 3 months ago

Poll: Which did you upgrade first? [no spoilers] (221 votes)

Health 11%
Shield 52%
Salts 24%
*Just show me the results* 14%

Which type of infusion did you choose first?

#1 Posted by MEATBALL (3060 posts) -

I've chosen Shield three times so far. :P

#2 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

I'm a salty gamer.

#3 Posted by BeachThunder (11689 posts) -

I've been going straight salt so far so I can be more vigorous :o

#4 Edited by hughtrue (5 posts) -

shield-salt-health (loop)

#5 Posted by DoctorTran (1544 posts) -

Shield then health... and well... that Shield upgrade was barely noticeable.

#6 Posted by strangecargo (70 posts) -

I've maxed out shields and now I'm working on salts, though I've put maybe 3 points into health as well.

#7 Edited by SlashDance (1804 posts) -

Shield 8 and salts 3 at the moment.

#8 Edited by Nodima (1099 posts) -

Health.

H - 2, A + S - 1 so far. Just got onto Monument Island.

#9 Edited by gike987 (1747 posts) -

Shield and Salt. Health seems pretty useless when you have the shield i haven't put a single point into it.

#10 Posted by Wallzii (173 posts) -
#11 Edited by GunstarRed (5024 posts) -

by the end of the game I'd maxed out the shield (first) and had about 6 or 7 health upgrades.

#12 Posted by natedawg_kz (234 posts) -

What a weird question to ask

#13 Edited by strangecargo (70 posts) -

@wallzii: 10 points in any of the given categories, I think. I know it's 10 for shields, and I assume the others are the same.

#14 Edited by believer258 (11629 posts) -

Shield every time thus far.

I use my salts but I feel like there is enough of the stuff laying around to not worry about it, and health doesn't come back. Shields do. So I feel like I'll be in the best position if it's my shield that's really high and not my health.

#15 Posted by iGooner7 (136 posts) -

Shield-Shield-Shield-Health-Salt

#16 Posted by LackingSaint (1770 posts) -

Ha, it's interesting that a lot of people, myself included, really valued the shield. Towards the end of the game I definitely died a lot but I never had any problems with salt. Pretty much just utilise vigors and weapons, then when you run out of one use the other as crowd-control while you go restock.

#17 Posted by DonChipotle (2693 posts) -

Salts and Health.

Fuck shields.

#18 Posted by TooWalrus (13135 posts) -

Only shields, so far. That shit comes back, health doesn't. I think it's more beneficial to boost the health meter that will regenerate fully...

#19 Posted by TooWalrus (13135 posts) -

Actually, @believer258 said almost exactly what I did a few hours ago. Wow.

#20 Posted by TobbRobb (4579 posts) -

Yeah shields lol. No reason at all to boost health when you have that. Unless ofcourse, enemies start EMPing me or penetrating the shield. Then I could see the usecase for upgrading health. Also salt regen is fucking everywhere, so that seems pointless.

#21 Posted by theguy (796 posts) -

Health mostly. Playing on hard so it's kind of necessary

#22 Posted by razorzxz (180 posts) -

I upgraded salts first. My thoughts were: "Why should I upgrade shield or health when I could simply blow everything up before it can hurt me?".

#23 Posted by rebgav (1429 posts) -

Only shields, so far. That shit comes back, health doesn't. I think it's more beneficial to boost the health meter that will regenerate fully...

That's my reasoning, too.

#24 Edited by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

Salts. All crows, all the time.

#25 Edited by gaminghooligan (1407 posts) -

I did shields but now that I have some of the later vigors I think I should have gone salts

#26 Edited by NeoCalypso (146 posts) -

I was playing hard so I went with shields for the first one thinking that survival would be best. About three shield upgrades in though I realized that shields were practically useless and started alternating 2 into salt then one into health because vigors could keep me alive much better than anything else.

#27 Posted by mikey87144 (1663 posts) -

I've gone exclusively Salt and Shield. Fully maxed our both and I think I'm almost at the end of the game.

#28 Posted by BoG (5181 posts) -

I've done health and shield two times each, and since then it's been all salts. Salts are all that matter.

#29 Edited by selfconfessedcynic (2495 posts) -

@mikey87144 said:

I've gone exclusively Salt and Shield. Fully maxed our both and I think I'm almost at the end of the game.

Yup, I finished the game with full salts, full shields and 2 ticks of health. I assume I've missed a bunch of upgrade bottles, but the above is all you really need.

#30 Posted by BeachThunder (11689 posts) -

@mikey87144 said:

Yup, I finished the game with full salts, full shields and 2 ticks of health. I assume I've missed a bunch of upgrade bottles, but the above is all you really need.

:P that's how I ended up too.

There's an achievement for getting all the bottles, so yep, we missed some :(

#31 Posted by rebgav (1429 posts) -

@selfconfessedcynic said:

@mikey87144 said:

You can fill out two stats and get four points in the other one, if I remember correctly. So you were both really close! :p

#32 Posted by Sweep (8817 posts) -

Salts. Those salts are way more fun than the guns in the game, and I had no problem staying alive at that point. It wasn't until about halfway through the game that I started dying, and that's when I starting sinking points into health and shields.

#33 Posted by BeachThunder (11689 posts) -

@rebgav said:

@beachthunder said:

@selfconfessedcynic said:

@mikey87144 said:

You can fill out two stats and get four points in the other one, if I remember correctly. So you were both really close! :p

Missing stuff really bums me out; I missed a few sights and Voxs too :(

#34 Posted by rebgav (1429 posts) -

Missing stuff really bums me out; I missed a few sights and Voxs too :(

I missed three sights and six audiologs after 25 hours in the game. I cannot even begin to think where they could possibly be, I really thought that I was being excruciatingly thorough.

#35 Posted by probablytuna (3533 posts) -

Shield seems the most useful so far, but I've also spent a point in Salts.

#36 Posted by selfconfessedcynic (2495 posts) -

@rebgav: Dang it, I only missed two bottles! Ah well.

Maybe I'll go back through the game at some point - but I'll wait until there's some more FAQs, as hunting throughout that world is tiring.

#37 Posted by pyromagnestir (4240 posts) -

I went 5 salts then 10 shield to start.

#38 Posted by Ghostiet (5223 posts) -

Every infusion bottle I found I went Salts, Shield, Health.

#39 Edited by Humanity (8805 posts) -

Hearing you guys makes me feel like I missed half the game since I beat it with shields fully maxed and a single point in salts.

#40 Edited by JasmoVT (3 posts) -

Brought all three up in parallel to 5, then concentrated on shields.

#41 Posted by Blommer4 (191 posts) -

I maxed out shield, then maxed out salts and then dropped some points into health. Yes, in that order.

#42 Posted by Spence_5060 (321 posts) -

With playing on Hard my first time through, I chose Health because I was losing it so fast.

#43 Posted by Perclank (4 posts) -

Originally shields on my first playthrough, but for 1999 it's health and salts mostly since the shield upgrades are barely noticeable!