Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bladestorm: Nightmare

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Mar 17, 2015

An enhanced remake of Bladestorm: The Hundred Years' War, adding fantasy monsters to the menage of enemies.

Debut trailer for the Bladestorm remake.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

A few days ago, Koei Tecmo released a trailer for Bladestorm: The Hundred Years' War & Nightmare:

The game is an updated version of the original Bladestorm: The Hundred Years' War from 2007, but with improved and expanded content. The biggest addition, as far as I know, is a new Nightmare campaign of some sort that introduces fantasy monsters into the mix. Not really sure on all of the details on that, though. A western release hasn't been announced, but I'm pretty confident it's coming since the original Bladestorm was also localized.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Bladestorm is one of the few Koei games that didn't do particularly well so I wouldn't say a Western release is guaranteed, however this doesn't seem like it was expensive to (re)make so maybe the whole point is to release it everywhere. It would be neat to have like 4 factions contending on the overarching map instead of just the 2, there were a few RoTK Used Map Settings Starcraft: Brood War maps that had a similar premise/playstyle and those were all excellent.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bladestorm is one of the few Koei games that didn't do particularly well so I wouldn't say a Western release is guaranteed, however this doesn't seem like it was expensive to (re)make so maybe the whole point is to release it. It would be neat to have like 4 factions contending on the overarching map instead of just the 2, there were a few RoTK Used Map Settings Starcraft: Brood War maps that had a similar premise/playstyle and those were all excellent.

They're putting the game out on both PS4 and Xbox One, and given that during the previous generation Omega Force got into the habit of making their games exclusive to the PS3 and only porting to the 360 for the western release, the Xbox One version might be a sign that a western release is intended. At the very least, they're certainly not going to break the bank given that this is an updated version of an existing game and not a whole new game. I'm hopeful that they put it out over here.

Having more than two factions in the game would be interesting, though the campaign was obviously close to the Hundred Years' War in that it was just England versus France, and you play as a mercenary that has the freedom to bounce back and forth between factions from battle to battle. It'll be interesting to see what this new Nightmare content will mean for the dynamic of the game, whether they're a separate faction or something that gets involved in the mix alongside the English and French.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

Man I hope this comes to PC too.

Bladestorm is one of the top games I'd really like to play from last gen that I haven't yet.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Hailinel
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

Despite falling off of these games lately, I've always been interested in this 'un. The fact that it's set around Europe triggers my own bias, and all I've heard is how it incorporates more strategic elements over the typical Dynasty/Samurai ect. games.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yummylee said:

Despite falling off of these games lately, I've always been interested in this 'un. The fact that it's set around Europe triggers my own bias, and all I've heard is how it incorporates more strategic elements over the typical Dynasty/Samurai ect. games.

It's much more of a strategy game and plays really nothing like a Warriors game. Actually, trying to play it like a Warriors game is a good way to get yourself killed. It's more about managing the different types of units you can control and finding the right ones for the right situations.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

@hailinel: But it's all still played within real time I presume?

poisonmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

God I loved Bladestorm, for someone who loved Kingdom Under Fire:The Crusaders this was a great similar experience (as Kingdom Under Fire:Circle of Doom ditched the RTS/Strategy part)

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yummylee said:

@hailinel: But it's all still played within real time I presume?

Yeah, it's real-time action.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.