Newbie BlazBlue tips?

BoomMemedYa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BoomMemedYa

Im a bit of a rookie to fighting games and I just picked up BlazBlue Calamity Trigger last night and I'm really enjoying it so far. I'm maiming as Jin and I completed arcade mode with him without any losses besides the final boss but I was wondering if anyone could give me some beginner tips for the game.

Slaps2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 2

Turn on Japanese voices.

egg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

The best rookie tip is to avoid fighting games

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

If you're interested in learning the mechanics and becoming a capable fighter, I'm definitely not your guy, but I will point out that there is a "stylish" mode in future BlazBlue games that allows you to pull off combos and specials easily and is more suited for the layman like myself. If you end up interested in the story and go after the other games, it's a nice addition.

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Calamity Trigger is a bit outdated, so I'm not sure if there are people to practice with online. And if there are, I'm sure they would be playing at too high of a skill level for a beginner. But if you want to get into it, learn your character's bread and butter combos and know the ranges of your characters moves.

If you just want to get through the story mode just do grab loops on the CPU, they don't really know what to do against that.

Xel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Xel

Blazblue itself is more beginner friendly than you would expect. When Calamity Trigger released, they gave a bonus disc with information regarding combos and strategies. Since you're playing as Jin, this video is the one you want. Experiment generally and see how you feel with the character.

Loading Video...

If you want to get more advanced information, I would recommend checking out the dustloop forums.