http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/03/24/amazon-france-lists-bloodborne-for-pc

As a PC only user this is exciting.

sodapop7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Considering Sony's involvement in this game. I'm going with no.

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By conmulligan

According to Amazon.fr, the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 are also making their way to PC.

Sony owns the Bloodborne trademark and IP, so it appearing on PC is about as likely as an Uncharted or God of War port.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@sodapop7: Not necessarily. Sony is more involved in the new Street Fighter game but that one is coming out for PC as well as PS4. PC is becoming more of a neutral ground that is getting releases that are typically only on one console and not the other

Colony024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

While I don't hold much hope of this ever happening, a man can dream. I can understand them not wanting it to come to the Xbox, a direct competitor, but I feel like a PC version would just open up a new market to them without it interfering too much with their PS4 sales. There aren't many games which make me sad to not own any consoles, but this one's definitely high up on the list.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Hopefully. I won't have incentive to get a ps4 this holiday if it does, so that would save me quite a bit of cash. I'd be very very surprised if it does though.

Avatar image for subliminalkitteh
SubliminalKitteh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this won't happen, Demon's Souls was also Sony and it still hasn't come to PC. Please stop hoping for it, it is very unlikely.

Monkeyman04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Monkeyman04

Since Sony fronted money and helped with the development of it through Japan Studio, I don't see it ever seeing a PC release.

JRM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah sadly going to have to join the chorus of people saying that this definitely won't happen.

matatat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

The chances of this happening are as much as the chances of Demon's Souls coming to PC.

Avatar image for giantlizardking
GiantLizardKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aw man, that would be so cool, but probably not

Colony024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe someone should explain to Sony that PC gamers have money too? And if they manage an actually decent port, then those PC gamers might very well be willing to part with this money. Next time any of you are over at Mr & Mrs Sony's house for dinner, I'd appreciate it if you brought this up.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This game should never come to PC.

It's good that there are PS4 exclusives, it's good that there are Xbox One exclusives and it's good that there are PC exclusives.

peacebrother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

I'm not gonna get my hopes up, but I would love it. Bloodborne is the only console game I'm interested in, and I'm not buying a Bloodborne machine.

Avatar image for deactivated-61356eb4a76c8
deactivated-61356eb4a76c8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I highly doubt that.

Joe423

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

Amazon France think everything is coming to PC, I wouldn't get too excited.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Thread title answers itself. If you have to put a question mark behind confirmed, then it's not confirmed.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@rafaelfc said:

It's good that there are PS4 exclusives, it's good that there are Xbox One exclusives and it's good that there are PC exclusives.

A-fucking-men.

TheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People still thinking the amazon france thing is legit, huh?

Avatar image for bicycle_repairman
Bicycle_Repairman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would be amazing, but no it wont.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By bybeach

@zevvion said:

Thread title answers itself. If you have to put a question mark behind confirmed, then it's not confirmed.

This. and as much as my hopes lie one way, logic goes another. I still won't buy a Ps4 yet so I will have time....

edit, get a few more games on the PS4 that appeal to me and I will change my tune, kind of want to.

altairre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By altairre

No. It's one of the best if not the best argument for buying a PS4 right now. I bet Sony will do anything to keep this on one platform. Maybe sometime down the line but I doubt it.

Avatar image for the_last_starfighter
The_Last_Starfighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love me some Dark Souls but as a PC gamer I'm happy to give this one to Sony, it looks excellent and I would love to play it but console players are HURTING for solid content while we ho and hum over our massive Steam backlogs.

They need this right now, badly.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodapop7: Not necessarily. Sony is more involved in the new Street Fighter game but that one is coming out for PC as well as PS4. PC is becoming more of a neutral ground that is getting releases that are typically only on one console and not the other

PC has been a condition for SF5 from the get go. This is very much not the case for bloodborne. People whine there is no exclusive console games worth buying and then they whine about a PC version as soon as a good console exclusive comes out. If I was sony I would very much not want a PC version to come out so people are actually forced to buy a PS4 to play a great game.

kpaadet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe someone should explain to Sony that PC gamers have money too? And if they manage an actually decent port, then those PC gamers might very well be willing to part with this money. Next time any of you are over at Mr & Mrs Sony's house for dinner, I'd appreciate it if you brought this up.

I told Mr. Sony about your theory, but he just said: "what do you think the point of an exclusive game is silly?", there are people buying PS4s just for Bloodborne, those people are probably worth alot more to Sony than some copies sold to PC gamers.

ds9143

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@babychoochoo:

Do you mean in the sense that the publisher will have incentive to contribute lots of money to development? Because, I would imagine that most developers would not prefer to have the scope of their potential customers restricted...

slickdasani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amazon France has done this a lot. Zombie U 2 is a thing according to Amazon France. I wouldn't take it seriously.

Belegorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@colourful_hippie: At the same time, Capcom has the IP and trademark for Street Fighter, while Sony does have the IP and trademark for Bloodborne.

Avatar image for planetfunksquad
planetfunksquad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By planetfunksquad

Sony had a hand in making this game, not just publishing it. It is never coming out on PC. If it does I will eat Brad. Like actually hunt him down, cook him and eat him, streamed live on Twitch. Screen cap this in case I'm wrong and I have to do the dark deed.

Wikitoups

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Wikitoups

There would probably be a dark souls 3 for xbone/ps4/pc then a port of bloodborne for pc.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There would probably be a dark souls 3 for xbone/ps4/pc then bloodborne 2 for PS4

Fixed

Colony024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kpaadet:

@kpaadet said:

@colony024 said:

I told Mr. Sony about your theory, but he just said: "what do you think the point of an exclusive game is silly?", there are people buying PS4s just for Bloodborne, those people are probably worth alot more to Sony than some copies sold to PC gamers.

While the way I see it, is that sure there are people who'd be willing to buy a new console solely for one game, but those people are a minority. Most people can't afford, or don't want to spend the money on getting multiple systems. Those people however, might be swayed to buy the game if it did come out on a system they do own; 60 bucks is a lot easier to justify than 500 or so. I don't think it's all that farfetched to suggest that a PC version, published by Sony themselves, might actually add to their revenue, not take away from it.

Now don't get me wrong, I am not upset or angry that it's an exclusive, or anything silly like that. Ofcourse I understand how exclusives work, and why they exist. But to answer your "what do you think the point of an exclusive game is silly?": The point is to serve the publisher, and make them more money. Which is fine, and fully within their right to do so, sure. But don't tell me it's in any way good for consumers, like some people in this thread have suggested. It seems to me like somewhere along the way people forgot that "to exclude" is generally not a positive thing. Deals like this are simply a form of marketing, and marketing rarely has the consumers' interest in mind. It serves only the companies behind the respective platforms.

From a gamer perspective, if a game is good, then I would like to see it come out on as many platforms as possible, so that as many people as possible have access to it. This also goes for the developer's point of view; why on Earth would you be happy to have the game you poured blood, sweat and tears into restricted to only a portion of the market? If you take the money that From got from Sony out of the equasion for a moment, I am willing to bet that if given the choice, the people actually making the game would prefer to have their game on every available platform, and have more people actually be able to enjoy it. I know I would.

I'm not looking to start an argument here, but I have never quite understood how anyone can think system exclusives are a good thing, unless you yourself are the one exploiting the particular system it's exclusive to.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#35  Edited By RonGalaxy

The bottom of the menu screen says "bloodborne: a Sony computer entertainment trademark". Sony owns the name, they helped fund it, and had a hand in developing it (though, its not clear what their input on that front was). The box even says "only on PlayStation" and it comes with an ad insert for until dawn and the order (2 Sony exclusives). Exclusivity sucks for many reasons, the biggest one being less people will get to experience it, but this looks like a clear cut exclusive in my book.

I mean, Sony could bring it to PC, but why would they? Its the first good exclusive for the ps4. Hell, its probably the best exclusive on either big console, and that has tremendous meaning.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

@rafaelfc said:

@mintyice said:

@rafaelfc said:

This is a really shitty and immature attitude but OK.

If you don't understand the importance exclusives have to each platform including the PC, you are the one with the shitty and immature attitude.

That's enough, you two.

Jolomono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Jolomono

It's not completely out of the realm of possibility. When Mass Effect was published by Microsoft, it was a 360 exclusive and in interviews they said that there wouldn't be a pc port. Then years later, when the pc port came out, there were questions about the possibility of a ps3 version, with a firm no as a response.

Bloodborne is going to sell PS4's, so for the time being, I wouldn't expect a PC port. In 2 or 3 years, why not make a few extra bucks from the PC crowd?

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

@jolomono said:

In 2 or 3 years, why not make a few extra bucks from the PC crowd?

How do you expect Sony to sell Bloodborne: Remastered HD Special Anniversary Game of The Year Edition if they put out a PC version, though!?

Ungodly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't worry guys, I'm sure the spiritual successor Leechborne, will be on all platforms.

BoxxyBae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this won't happen, Demon's Souls was also Sony and it still hasn't come to PC. Please stop hoping for it, it is very unlikely.

Should I stop hoping for HL3 also?

Colony024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boxxybae said:

Should I stop hoping for HL3 also?

Ow didn't you hear? That's going to be an Ouya exclusive.

dizzylemons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So are we saying the Bloodborne comes to the PC as both Half Life 3 AND Frog Factions 2?

brandondryrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rafaelfc said:

Is it because that drives people to purchase consoles for a specific game? That's the only reason I can think of that makes exclusives a good idea, which in turn leads to competition.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep, it's coming out right after the PC version of Demon's Souls.

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't Amazon.fr kinda notorious for listing random stuff? Pretty sure they also listed RDR for PC for a long time

Avatar image for deactivated-5b531a34b946c
deactivated-5b531a34b946c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think it's as out of the question as a lot of people seem to, especially in a post Dark Souls world. Sony's name is on it, sure, but when it stops moving consoles, they'll still be taking a piece of each sale - that would include the PC version. The gaming market is quite a bit different than when Demon's Souls came out, and so is From Software. Hell, I bet they even have some enticing PC numbers for Dark Souls 1 & 2 that could sway them.

Never say never when there's money to be made, but don't hold your breath either.

mintyice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By mintyice

g

Wikitoups

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@colony024: If they consider a pc port it will be waayyyy late the ps4 lifecycle, and the price of the console will be a good price.

So if your pc is still good you can wait and get it, or get a ps4 at the time and some other games.

In otherwards: Don't expect a pc port for a long time. (It sucks but for me I have Dark souls 2 so I'm not in any rush)

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Strife777

Even if it were to happen, it's not going to be anytime soon. They probably want to keep it fully exclusive to PS4 for as long as possible.