Bloodletting Beast has rekindled my spirit

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

I was feeling really bummed about my glitched elevator to Ebrietas and the fact that I could no longer get invaded in the game because all my bell maidens are dead.

I needed a change of pace so I decided to go into my Chalice Dungeon and I ran into the Bloodletting Beast. This boss was extremely aggressive and could take 80% of my health with several of his attacks. My strategy going in was to meet his aggression with my own aggression and it made for some very intense fights where a single mistake meant death. I couldn't really get him past half his health and I had only seen him go into his super aggressive phase once before I promptly died.

On the winning run I finally got to experience his super aggressive form without dying immediately and I somehow found his rhythm and just kept on dodging and attacking without really thinking. I realized he was one attack away from dying, I panicked, and I mistimed my dodge. I took a huge hit thanks to that and I was left with around 10% of my health. As I was standing up I knew it was pointless to heal because he was readying another attack and if it connected it would take out all my health even if I healed. I dodged through the attack and landed my strike. He was dead.

The amazing feeling that only good fights could give was back and I felt good about Bloodborne again.

Avatar image for militantfreudian
militantfreudian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I found the fight to be really intense as well, and I had some trouble avoiding his super punch. I think you did better than me; I must've healed like a dozen times. So, yeah, well done! Also, shame about the elevator glitch, I thought Ebrietas was just as challenging as the Bloodletting Beast.

EggMith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

It's really a fight against two giant feet, the camera not zooming out enough while the guy push you constantly makes this combat quite absurd, I've done it on the second try without knowing exactly what happened, which is never a good thing.

Most interesting fight so far is Abhorrent Beast, if a bit harsh.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And that's just his easy form, when he has a weak point and a huge area to fight him in.

Boniti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think I was super overleveled for him when I got to him so I beat him on the first try, but it was a really cool fight. If I remember correctly, on his primary combo, the first two I kept my distance on and the third one I could completely avoid by dodging forward so I just waited for him to do that over and over and beat it. Still a satisfying fight I think, even though it didn't give me much trouble, because I had to do the good old analyze and determine weakness deal that makes these boss fights so fun.