Enemy Damage

deathfromace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By deathfromace

So while I have been watching Dan stream Bloodborne I can't help but notice he is taking far less damage than I did.

I had the same armor with maybe hundred or so less hp but everything that hits him is doing half the damage. Like when he was in the Unseen Village he was getting hit for nothing but those ladies would almost kill me after hitting me.

The only difference I see is he has about 20 less insight but every thing I've read about insight would not change that.

I have beat the game but I was in shock on just how much more damage I took when I was playing.

effache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By effache

Every level up increases your base physical defense, and Dan was at a very high level for the area from what I saw last night

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Maybe he is using the damage reduction rune.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Teddie

Are you sure he's not just a higher level than you were at that point? You have a built-in defense stat that raises a couple points with every level.

deathfromace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By deathfromace

I can't say I was the same exact level but I was around level 80 as well during that part and I think he was 81. I was also using the defense rune along with the more souls and more items ones. Dan and I played almost the same exact way except I used the Cane.

If I didn't beat the game already I would go back and show the damage being done is the same at level 90 but I'm in new game plus now. I can't explain the damage difference and could find no information on it.

Edit: He does have 30 strength and I went way more in skill. It's possible that is the difference if strength adds way more in defense than skill. But I only had 16 or so in str and the rest in skill, endurance, and vit.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

I believe Strength may increase the various resistances more than Skill does. I believe Skill in turn affects other stats more than Strength does.

I can speak for my own games that Insight does nothing for damage whatsoever. I'm getting hit for more or less the same values when having more or less the same resistances, with a whopping 60 Insight difference between the two.

TheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It seems that Dan likes to grind for levels to make the game easier for himself so he might be at a much higher level. Also, he pumped a ton of points into endurance which raises various resistances so that might have something to do with it.

Seriously though, last time I saw he had like 36 endurance. That's insane considering the little amount of stamina dodging takes. He must be able to roll for days.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A man after my own heart. That's kinda how I play most RPGs. I like feeling powerful although I'm more inclined to favour gear rather than grinding.