First Official Bloodborne gameplay - off-screen

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Aegon

Only 49 seconds. Even off-screen it looks gorgeous. Definitely some frame rate issues though. Also, whoever is playing needs to lock on (not everyone can pull off the V-Bomb).

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

That looks like Hella Dark Souls.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Can't wait for this game!

thebunnyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Looks like that Souls gameplay in a great new setting, im excited

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Part of the reason I could never get into the Souls games was the setting. Not a huge fantasy person. However, this is MUCH more my speed. I might actually pick this up. Also, it really does look gorgeous, even in such a crappy setting. Really looking forward to seeing it for real.

TheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That sure is some Souls gameplay right there. I wonder if this is going to be related to the Souls series in any way or it's a new setting, story, and franchise with the Souls gameplay slapped on.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lock-on removed from the game, confirmed. Looks purty.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love Dark Souls and feel disappointed by Dark Souls 2, so it looks like I'm gonna love this game. Super excited to play it.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

Oh my, oh my, oh my...... this is exciting. Damn, that world look amazing.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

yeeeeeeee :D

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lock-on removed from the game, confirmed. Looks purty.

Not necessarily. The guy just might not be using it. Or it might not be in that "build". Definitely looks like a Souls game though, even had the little soul sucking animation thing.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

HNNNNNNNNNNG

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Oh god the hype is unreal. I do appreciate that they want to design for a more aggressive playstyle too. I already tended to try and play Souls games super aggresively, but sometimes you feel like it was really just made for shield users. 2 especially so. And that I'm somehow breaking the game by not using one...

HYPE

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I doubt this is coming out earlier than Fall 2015, and most likely later than that. Looks good though.

DFL017

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By DFL017

He totally absorbed that dude's soul after killing him.

Also, how is he videotaping with that guy staring right at him next to the no photography sign.

Benmo316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That looks like what I want this game to be. On PSN you can pre-order and has a release date for 3/31/2015. I wonder if that is just a wishful placeholder or if they're actually shooting for that day?

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

That frame rate... please don't screw this up, From.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I already play Dark Souls 1 and Dark Souls 2 without a shield so this is going to play right into my style. Get on that HYPE TRAIN!.

MormonWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 21

Is this a confirmed PS4 exclusive? May need to get that white Destiny bundle at this rate...

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

urge to buy a PS4 rising

irrelevantjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

Is this a confirmed PS4 exclusive? May need to get that white Destiny bundle at this rate...

It is. Sony is involved with the game.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By gaminghooligan

Yes.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@aegon: The frame rate issues actually appear to be the stream this video is coming from, not the game. The area around the screen seems to hitch when the game hitches, indicating that it's giving us the wrong impression.

I imagine once we see decent video of it there won't be this serious frameyness.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only thing that sucks is that it doesnt have "souls" in the name. Also, it looks pretty sick, even if its an off cam phone video.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#25  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

So glad I already have a Ps4. I'll really be interested to see a more in depth look at the combat.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its hard to tell by that quick little bit, but that combat didn't look at all souls like to me. It looks like some random hack and slash button mash action game type combat. Dude was swinging all over the place.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

Gahhhhh inject it into my veins.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#28  Edited By Seppli

One of these E3s, the cryostasis industry will have to hijack the show. I need to freeze my body. The wait for all these great games is untenable otherwise.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c26fd6917af0
deactivated-5c26fd6917af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A little disappointed that they went through the trouble of making a new IP but decided to make the same game they've been making 3 times already, but I'm sure it'll be fantastic regardless.

From seems to be committing super hard to this gameplay style.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@benmo316: @corruptedevil: They said it's coming out Spring 2015.

@sterling said:

Its hard to tell by that quick little bit, but that combat didn't look at all souls like to me. It looks like some random hack and slash button mash action game type combat. Dude was swinging all over the place.

That actually is how the (Demons) Souls games play. When you're not locking on that is.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sterling said:

That actually is how the (Demons) Souls games play. When you're not locking on that is.

No, no it is not. Demon's Souls doesn't play like that looks, at all.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rag doll is back!

Dummkopf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sterling said:

@awesomeusername said:

@sterling said:

Demon's/Dark Souls look exactly like that when you mash R1 without locking on.

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Almost to a fault. Then again, no one makes Action-RPGs like From Software does, so that's a pretty good thing.

Dussck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rag doll is back!

Yea, I could've done without that, always thought it was kind of silly..

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By development

@dussck said:

@probablytuna said:

Rag doll is back!

Yea, I could've done without that, always thought it was kind of silly..

I agree. But there seem to be just as many people who enjoy it for the comical effect. I guess I play enough of the games that it lost any kind of appeal a long time ago. If there's gonna be ragdoll, I prefer it if the bodies had at least some kind of weight to them. It just totally pulls me out of the game when I see their bodies flop around like they weigh as much as paper. Makes them seem less like actual life-like enemies and more like hollow shells. I know, it's a fantasy video game, but still.

I'm dying to see more of this game. Looks sooo good.

2HeadedNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dammit ... I'm a PC guy but I might have to buy a PS4 for this :(

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sterling said:

@awesomeusername said:

@sterling said:

That's exactly how Demon's Souls looks when someone plays it for the first time without lock on.

Avatar image for do_the_manta_ray
Do_The_Manta_Ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Do_The_Manta_Ray
Loading Video...

Here is a simple Hands-on Impression video made by the folks at Gamespot for those who are interested in some more detail. I'm not sure whether this will be the Bloodborne video dump thread; but I figured folks might be interested.

Additionally, here's another video by Vaatividya, who Dark Souls enthusiasts might be familiar with. In this video, he more or less collects all the known information of the game, even shows some fairly high-res gameplay (which I haven't been able to find anywhere else), and makes a couple of educated guesses on what this world might entail. While I genuinely despise the majority of youtube personalities, this guy tends to really know what he's speaking about, so I'll add this as well.

Loading Video...

And on a final note, FUCK YEEEAAAAAAH!

Quick Edit: This second video is REALLY great, I very much suggest you check it out.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I know were all excited and this is a nitpicky comment but really, from that super grimey video you think it already looks "gorgeous" ?

I'm as big a fan as anyone, but I feel like people just lose all sensibilities when discussing these games. It's best to temper your expectations a bit.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

I know were all excited and this is a nitpicky comment but really, from that super grimey video you think it already looks "gorgeous" ?

I'm as big a fan as anyone, but I feel like people just lose all sensibilities when discussing these games. It's best to temper your expectations a bit.

From a stylistic / artistic point of view, yes I think it looks really good. I can see that even through a grimy video.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

@aegon said:

@humanity said:

From a stylistic / artistic point of view, yes I think it looks really good. I can see that even through a grimy video.

Not to be a huge downer but it looks like more gothic architecture, with bad framerate and apparently they're still having issues coming up with a good lock-on system. What did you see? A guy climbing a ladder of something that looks like a bell tower? Maybe that sounds a bit too confrontational but really, it looks nice, just not WOW amazing - it's just me nitpicking. This is super early so I'm in no way judging the final product, but as much as I really enjoyed the series I'm looking for serious steps forward. Seeing that guy swing right past the enemy into a wall was a bit disheartening as lock-on has been one of the weakest parts of the souls games thus far.

I will say though that at least they finally made their "castle" areas look good as opposed to Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2 where anytime you encountered buildings that weren't ruins it was a mess of repeating textures and a lack of detail. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for this, I just hope it blows me away instead of just being another whack-a-mole Souls entry with clumsy animation priority aiming. Like I really want to be blown away like the first time I played Demon's Souls.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh okay. I was wondering if this was going to be a game in the Souls style and that confirms it. The framerate isn't an issue because it's early in development so of course.

Next Gen Soulsian game - Woo hoo!

Coming to a console I didn't want to have to buy - boo.

And yeah, I am actually maybe a *little* disappointed that it's just another of "those" even though I'm sure there's going to be differences. I was wondering about how quickly fatigue for that type of game might set in.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By fattony12000

I still don't know how that person managed to walk out of there with that footage! The attendant looked RIGHT at the camera, and the Brave Soul capturing the video seemed to be floating about all over the place! Unless...this was an inside job!

Loading Video...

Dussck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm just glad this game is not just a CG trailer, but is playable already! Means release could really be early 2015. Although it wouldn't surprise me it would get delayed to late 2015, because of The Order releasing early 2015 and you know, gotta spread those rare exclusive titles over the whole year.