locked doors to which you never find the key?

LaudaSolem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Sometimes you get so far into BB that you forget about certain areas you couldn't get to. Example, near Cathedral Ward, after you kill/flee the giant wrecking ball wielding undead dude (wide brim hat, clanking chains), you go down a curving staircase to a small room filled w/stone urns. There's a locked door. Do you ever find a way to unlock it?

Also, on another matter, where are the blood chunks for upgrading weapons? I've gotten to the Unseen Village and still haven't found any.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By FrostyRyan

@laudasolem: If you pay attention to the layout of the world, that door leads to the locked door behind the lantern where you fight the cleric beast on the bridge.

Neither door can be unlocked. There's not a key for them....but they clearly lead to one another. I think Miyazaki is trolling again

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

There should be a couple of blood chunks very close to the very first lamp. There's many more you'll find in there as well so long as you search. There's 3 (or maybe 4) in Cainhurst Castle with another 4 in Nightmare Frontier. There's enough scattered in the game so as you can get two weapons to level 9.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

There's about 12 Blood Chunks each in both Yahar'gul and the following zone (I'm sure there's more than that but who's counting). I get around 30 per run or so.

Gruebacca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

There's a video on Youtube where the person put a shiny coin by the door on the Great Bridge, and when they got to the locked door you could see the shiny. I think the developers originally intended for a shortcut between Cathedral Ward and Central Yharnam, but scrapped that and put a boss there instead. Maybe they didn't want the possibility of fighting the Cleric Beast from the back door.

Currently, the best method of betting blood chunks is warping to Upper Cathedral Ward and killing those blue-eyed werewolves. It's a terrible drop rate, but it's still the quickest way to do it.

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Giant_Gamer

This door and the locked hatch in byrgenwerth are still a mystery. What baffles me is that byrgenwerth have a contraption in the attic which might unlock the hatch but you can't reach it.

Phoenix778m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Phoenix778m

@laudasolem: I don't remember exactly where that specific door in the cathedral ward came out of. But I did go through it my first playthrough. people think your talking about the cleric beast door. The door your talking about has a loot chest next to it. I didn't even use it my next two playthroughs don't think it a necessary shortcut.

LaudaSolem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i'm not talking about the cleric beast door

the weird thing about the locked hatch is how enticing it appears; nothing so excites me in BB to find a new door to open; i think they left it there to fuck with us, or maybe there's some dlc that will connect to it

roland_d11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

One interesting thing about the door that connects Cathedral Ward and the Great Brigde is this: It doesn't say 'Locked' when you try to open it, it says 'Closed'.

LeStephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By LeStephan

Didn't the church seal off the bridge to the cathedral ward according to the story? Would make sense that that door wouldn't open then.

And dlc was 'announced' so theres possibly some doors leading to those right? :D I only remember 2 doors I didnt open though and both where mentioned here already. Are there any more mysteriously closed doors?

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roland_d11: yeah just like the door next to the Cathedral Ward lamp where it only opens when you defeat BSB