Pause option

Avatar image for chilipeppersman
chilipeppersman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 4

It would be much easier for me to justify purchasing this game if I could pause it, unlike the earlier souls games. I'm aware of the systems currently in place, I just wanna know if anyone knows about blood borne having a pause option. Haven't been able to find any solid info so far

Original_Hank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I am only guessing but it probably will be similar to darksouls/demons souls, meaning no. It still is maintaining a connection to the internet, so pausing would be disruptive to that.

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

No, it most likely will not, but quitting out of a Souls game is pretty much the equivalent of pausing.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

Can't imagine it will be different.

If this is a big deal for you I'd say just forget about it, get a different game.

I need to pause a lot in my life but I like these games enough that that's not relevant.

I've always been able to find a quiet spot to stand still anyways. And worst case whatever, just another in a long list of deaths.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I doubt it but it's not completely impossible. Generally speaking the environment in these games is very static so just going afk in a safe-ish area should be fine; or quit out as mentioned.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would be much easier for me to justify purchasing this game if I could pause it, unlike the earlier souls games. I'm aware of the systems currently in place, I just wanna know if anyone knows about blood borne having a pause option. Haven't been able to find any solid info so far

There is no way this game will be pausable. I don't know why other posters aren't just saying that cause that is how it is. From has no intention of putting pause in these games. That said enemies don't "patrol" and they don't respawn as long as you stay in the area. So if you are playing offline and are in a room not full of enemies it is generally totally safe to just walk away. Even if you are online you can always just exit the game right where you stand and when you resume all the enemies you killed will still be dead so you won't have lost any progress by quitting out. You just can't quit in the middle of a pvp invasion short of pulling the cord.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I find it crazy that someone would not play an amazing game just because you can't pause it.

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Highly unlikely, you'll just have to suck it up.

Cubidog1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Cubidog1

I'm pretty sure it won't be pausable. From Software doesn't strike me as the type of company to try and make their games more accessible.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think pausing goes against the core design of Souls games and I don't think it will be in Bloodborne either.

peritus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By peritus

I would hope not, its a part of these games. The quitting out tip is actually pretty handy, I hadn't even considered that.

2HeadedNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not being able to pause in the Souls game has never ever been a problem for me once. Honestly I wouln't care either way but not playing it because you can't pause seems weird.

Crembaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The quitting/reloading is fast enough in all the games that I can't really see not being able to pause being a big issue.

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

Play the game in a time frame were you wouldn't need to pause. If not you could just quit out and just load back were you left off if needed. The only time a pause button would ever be needed is if you are on a boss battle and your cat exploded or something.

Burt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This feature really annoys my wife, which I find amusing.

'come help me put this bedsheet thing on'

'No I can't, I'm on the playstation'

'just pause it'

'I can't , there is no pause'

'what?' (comes into the lounge and stare incredulously at first the game then me )

walks off shaking her head

Avatar image for asilentprotagonist
ASilentProtagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crembaw said:

The quitting/reloading is fast enough in all the games that I can't really see not being able to pause being a big issue.

This. If pausing is such a big deal, maybe you shouldn't be playing video games dude.... Learn to adapt.

Soulsfan1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Soulsfan1984

@crembaw said:

This. If pausing is such a big deal, maybe you shouldn't be playing video games dude.... Learn to adapt.

I think that's a bit harsh. Kind of like saying if you can't afford a BMW then you shouldn't drive. I would love a pause in the game, but it's just a game. If real life is more important atm then it is.

Avatar image for asilentprotagonist
ASilentProtagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asilentprotagonist said:

@crembaw said:

I think that's a bit harsh. Kind of like saying if you can't afford a BMW then you shouldn't drive. I would love a pause in the game, but it's just a game. If real life is more important atm then it is.

NEVER make an analogy about video games, and reality.....never.

Soulsfan1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soulsfan1984 said:
@asilentprotagonist said:

@crembaw said:

NEVER make an analogy about video games, and reality.....never.

NEVER take advice from some random person on the internet...never.

j0lter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If the fact that you have to exit the game to "pause" keeps you from playing it, then don't play it. Seriously should not be a game breaker for someone. Can it suck sometimes? Yea. But it makes sense with the theme of the game and it keeps you feeling afraid at all times.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21  Edited By RonGalaxy

When I played dark souls, I was at firelink shrine and I figured "oh, this is a good stop to put the game down while I go pee" as soon as I put the controller down the fucking shitty ps3 trigger hits the table and I do a heavy attack on petrus. So, naturally, I love these stupid games.

Also, bonfires in dark souls always served as decent pause points. Not sure what the bonfire equivalent will be/be like in bloodborne, but maybe that will be the case this time as well?

chilipeppersman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By chilipeppersman

Thanks for all the responses everyone! Life has gotten busy and I forgot about this post.

@peritus: good to know! I'll be renting it through gamefly soon. I love horror so hopefully I'll dig it. I've never been good at souls games so I'm trying to find as many tips on YouTube that I can. Wish me luck!

@soulsfan1984 thanks for understanding! Appreciate it.

Judging by your responses here it seems like the way to go would be quitting if I'm in an unsafe place or I need to take a long break, otherwise finding a safe place while offline seems ok. My last question is that I have heard that patches have decreased the load times significantly, is this true? I heard they can be pretty bad.

The_Ruiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hit the Playstation button.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#24  Edited By Justin258

When I first played Dark Souls and I found out I couldn't pause, I almost just put the game down and never wanted to touch it again. Can't pause? That's fucking ridiculous, what if I suddenly have to get up for some reason?

I still wish you could pause but I wound up finishing Dark Souls II and I've made it a fair way into Dark Souls. It's weird, but if something is urgent enough for me to have to get up so fast that I can't quit out, then whatever is happening is way more important than a video game. Quitting takes half a second anyway, and if you pause in the middle of most of these boss fights, you're going to get fucked as soon as you unpause.

I still find it an annoyance but it's no reason not to get the game.

Quid_Pro_Bono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I'd say the load times aren't even enough time to look at your phone. They're pretty speedy. You don't load that often in normal play.

chilipeppersman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By chilipeppersman

Thanks for the clarification dudes! I recently got a promo to renew my game fly subscription so I'll be trying this out, wish me luck! I'm watching the ps access video on how not to die in bloodborne lol if anyone has got any other helpful shout outs please let me know.