Your bloodstain after dying is WAY too hard to see.

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Anybody else having this problem? I'll die, and get back to the place I know I died, and look for like 5 minutes trying to find my echoes only to find them blended into the background somewhere.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I have never seen a blood stain. Its always inside an enemy. Whose eyes are glowing red. And then once I kill them it says I recovered.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

They are small but a lot of times they are in an enemy for me.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

Ive had some issues too but I've found that if I can't find my bloodstain, whether it's in an enemy or has something to do with server load, If you wait long enough where you died it will eventually come up.

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By Sessh

Yeah, I don't like how they look either. I've had trouble finding them on multiple occasions (except if they are inside enemies of course), so I wouldn't mind a patch changing their appearance.

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Yep, it can be difficult to see them, especially for colorblind folks.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had no problem finding them, but they could be a little easier to spot from a distance, sure.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think there are some load issues sometimes where it takes a bit to pop on screen. I had trouble finding it once. It is more annoying when an enemy gets it cause it isn't even necessarily the enemy that killed you (assuming it wasn't environmental or a dot) that gets the pile.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haven't had any issues seeing it so far, doesn't really seem any harder to see than souls were to me.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By GERALTITUDE

@sterling: well, that was an amazing response. Matter of fact.

10/10

Substance_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's most likely intentionally hard to see. The messages and spectres are harder to spot, too.

LisaTiffany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By LisaTiffany

Just had the same problem, I know the exact spot I died in, no blood stain and the enemy who killed me had no glowing eyes. I'm only about an hour in so it's not too bad, if it happens again I can see it being a real problem.

Okay I found a glowing eyes guy (purple eyes) and killed him and got back my souls/blood, it's all good.

Refactored

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@lisatiffany: Actually struggled with this once last night. Died on the bridge to the 2 wolves in Old Yarnham, got back there and no stain. Went on a rampage (probably my best run ever) killing everything in the area but with no luck. Admittedly it was only 4000 echoes but that's a lot early doors.

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always eventually find it on the ground and not in an enemy. It's just hard as fuck to see on a lot of environments.

LisaTiffany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

4000 is still a lot, I just managed to buy the whole hunter outfit after farming for a while, pretty sure the cost was about 4000. I actually just turned surround sound off too, the moans and groans were freaking me out too much lol

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By Bocam

It should be noted that even if you kill all enemies in an area but still get killed, there's a chance that a once dead enemy has your echos. (even though that makes little sense)

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@bocam said:

It should be noted that even if you kill all enemies in an area but still get killed, there's a chance that a once dead enemy has your echos. (even though that makes little sense)

Its because they recover the stain when the area resets. Just like you do. They recover it if its close to them. Or that is the logic From used when explaining it. Which makes sense. Its blood after all, and the beasts are hungry for blood.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sterling said:

@bocam said:

Its because they recover the stain when the area resets. Just like you do. They recover it if its close to them. Or that is the logic From used when explaining it. Which makes sense. Its blood after all, and the beasts are hungry for blood.

I had a blood stain disappear in the Blood Starved Beast area. The only thing that comes to mind as to why is that I did go back to the Hunter's Dream before going to get it. I did how ever killed myself a number of times in an empty area and then went back to the Hunter's Dream and loaded the area and the bloodstain was still there.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've yet to have one that wasn't in an enemy.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah they aren't too easy to see, but the more annoying part is the big booming message that you retrieved that lingers way too long. This is a bit problematic in boss fights, as I usually go right for my souls, and then get a big blinding message that obscures my view.