#1 Edited by Babble (1270 posts) -

Check it out here:  http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2568337#blog

Basically they are trying to reduce dungeon queue times by giving greater incentives to whatever role is currently least represented at any given time (usually tanks or healers).

Incentives include extra gold, chance at a gem and flask, and most interesting, for someone collecting mounts and pets (Nye and Leu):  "a good chance of receiving a non-combat pet (including cross faction pets), and a very rare chance at receiving a mount. The pets offered come from a wide variety of sources, and include companions like the Razzashi Hatchling, Cockatiel, and Tiny Sporebat, but the mounts are those specifically only available through dungeons (not raids), like the Reins of the Raven Lord from Sethekk Halls, Swift White Hawkstrider from Magister's Terrace, and Deathcharger's Reins from Stratholme."

I'm not sure how well this will work out. Whether there exists a lack of tanks and healers because they aren't inclined to do random dungeons, or simply there is a lack of tanks and healers in the world could determine whether this new system is effective.

In any case, a chance at rare mounts if you find yourself fitting into the system seems interesting. 

#2 Posted by gakon (1945 posts) -

Some DPS characters are upset by this change, because it doesn't give them any incentive to keep doing what they're doing. As a healer, I'm probably biased, but I like the idea of finding ways to get tanks and healers in the queues, and rewarding them for doing so. Also, y'know, I can't unlock Mountain o' Mounts sitting on my hands.

My main issue is that you're required to solo queue, and I don't like solo queuing. Considering all the incentives rolled up in running dungeons as a guild, maybe the tanks and healers seemingly missing from all of the queues are just running in pre-made groups. They're not diving down that dark hole of playing cooperative video games with complete strangers.

Whatever the case, I'm interested to see how it affects queue times. Blizzard tends to be pretty up-front about when features do and don't work, so maybe we'll see some numbers from them following 4.1 on changes in queue times, positive or negative.
#3 Posted by bcjohnnie (442 posts) -

I like the intention here, and I'm glad Blizz wants to reduce queue times, but I really think this is just going to enitce bad or undergeared tanks to queue for loot.  I've always found it annoying to wait 30 mins to get in a dungeon, but I never thought it was unfair... that's the price I pay for going DPS instead of taking responsibility as tank or healer.

Maybe it will work out nicely.... but I've seen enough horrible pug tanks already who seem to be tanking just for the insta-queue... an additional incentive seems bad to me.
#4 Posted by Thrawnkkar (304 posts) -

I saw a salient point made that for everytank this program brings in there will be one who used to roll with 3 dps buddies who now all have to queue separately. Maybe actually increasing queue times.

#5 Posted by Supergumxp (38 posts) -

What queue times? This game has queues?

#6 Posted by bcjohnnie (442 posts) -
@supergumxp:   Yeah Super, we're just talking about that millisecond gap between when you confirm for the dungeon finder and when you get popped into the dungeon.  Tanks were complaining that it takes too long, so now Blizz is giving you guys presents in addition to your insta-queues to make you guys happy again.

ALL HAIL TANKS!!
#7 Posted by Supergumxp (38 posts) -

Hehe, yeah I dont quite agree with this... Theyre basically just paying tanks more to do their job, hah!

Yeah, we'll probably see an influx of terrible tanks. Hopefully the short queue times are not at the expense of terrible instance runs.
#8 Posted by Astrophel (15 posts) -
@supergumxp: They will be.  Sorry guys, back to random assholes I go!  Mmma needs an Anzu!
#9 Posted by Thrawnkkar (304 posts) -

Thankfully they added that its bound on account. so I can use my tank to send shit to my main.

#10 Posted by LibraryDues (342 posts) -

At least on paper, this is pretty appealing to me.  I have a policy where I only tank if I have at least 2 duders in tow, otherwise I just queue as DPS and do daily quests while I wait  (seems like the queue always pops 10-15 min earlier than it projects anyhoo.  Not sure why).

This will get me to change that policy, so working as intended, i guess.
#11 Posted by Thrawnkkar (304 posts) -

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2416116087

It's official bitches.

#12 Posted by bcjohnnie (442 posts) -
#13 Posted by Thrawnkkar (304 posts) -
@bcjohnnie I downloaded the patch they can't take it back.
#14 Posted by LibraryDues (342 posts) -

Bwahaha!  You hear that, Uncola?  Another week of your carcass shambling about as I cackle

#15 Posted by bcjohnnie (442 posts) -
@Thrawnkkar: Yeah nevermind, I guess they just left the PTR up because we can expect 4.1 to be buggy as fuck until they figure out how to balance all the bullshit they changed.
#16 Posted by Thrawnkkar (304 posts) -
@bcjohnnie Your only hoping now. You dont want to be a ghoul anymore.
#17 Posted by Babble (1270 posts) -

Servers are up with 4.1 as of 12:50 PM PST.

#18 Posted by Jonnyflash80 (489 posts) -

I doubt I'll see any of these rewards as a Lock. :(  Why didn't I roll a tank?