• 76 results
#1 Posted by johnsweetboy (4 posts) -

I'm sorry if I'm late to the party, but what.. Drew is around 28? Really? I had to rewind to listen to it again. How did he achieve such zen-like aura at such a young age?

#2 Posted by TheLastGunslinger (311 posts) -

I was surprised by that and the fact that Patrick just turned 29.

#3 Posted by Tennmuerti (8174 posts) -

It doesn't have much to do with age, some people are just develop like that naturally by circumstances of their environment and personal outlook on life. Being single and living comfortably helps a buuunch. Following a role model, or on the other hand, trying to be an opposite of someone prominent in your life. There are many ways it can go. Having a safe method to vent out the bad stuff helps. Like for example killing evil people, cutting them up and feeding the bits to the fishes.

#4 Edited by TheFeenMachine (50 posts) -
#5 Edited by Tennmuerti (8174 posts) -
#6 Posted by MEATBALL (3498 posts) -

Man I groaned every time they used the word millennial.

#7 Posted by Brendan (8163 posts) -

I like to think of Drew as the guy silently thinking that everyone's a fucker when they talk around him. Its funnier that way.

#8 Edited by aidros (246 posts) -

I also like to think Drew is secretly Dexter, or a sleeper agent for some foreign power that is training on simulators of multiple military vehicles in preparation for World War 3

#9 Posted by HammondofTexas (920 posts) -

Drew is seriously one of my role models, he always seems calm and collected and whenever he has an outburst of emotion it makes me laugh. I want to know where he buys his clothes too, is that weird?

#10 Posted by alwaysbebombing (1651 posts) -

I'm sorry if I'm late to the party, but what.. Drew is around 28? Really? I had to rewind to listen to it again. How did he achieve such zen-like aura at such a young age?

Drew is a Zen master. Joking aside, he's like a 1-in-1,000,000 person.

#11 Posted by Fattony12000 (7578 posts) -

"What is a Millennial?

Millennials are the generation born between 1982 and sometime in the early 2000′s. However, these boundaries aren’t set in stone. Some definitions have the Millennial Generation starting as early as 1978 and starting as late as 1985. Basically, if you born a little earlier than 1982 and you consider yourself to be more Millennial than Generation X, that is your opinion. Or if you were born in or just after 1982 and you feel that you are more Gen X than a Millennial, the same applies. It is really up to the individuals born during the cusp years (late 1970′s to early-mid 1980′s) to decide which generation they feel a stronger connection to.

Unfortunately, there are many misconceptions about Millennials. One of the biggest is that we are just like Generation X, which is how we got our other name, Generation Y (it seemed logical to call us that since we were perceived to be an extension of the preceding generation). In reality, however, we are very different from Gen X. Also, many people believe that we are quite misbehaved, but in fact all youth risk behaviors have decreased over the last fifteen years, including drug use, teen pregnancy, and youth violence. Furthermore, we are very close to our families, especially our parents. Family is very important to Millennials, so much so in fact that a 2010 Pew Research Center survey found that the number one goal of the majority of Millennials is “to be a good parent.” But this is just the tip of the iceberg.

In this section, ten key characteristics of the Millennial Generation are reviewed using data analysis from polls, surveys and studies. These characteristics do a great job of summing up what the Millennial Generation is like as a whole. However, that isn’t to say that all Millennials possess all the traits discussed; these are really, more or less, generalizations.

Millennials certainly have an important role to play, as was discussed in the Generational Archetypes and The Millennial Crisis sections. Fortunately, we appear to have the necessary characteristics that will help us play our role very well and become America’s next great generation.

How Millennial are you? Go here to find out."

Jesus fuck.

#12 Posted by Ben_H (3441 posts) -

@fattony12000: According to that Pew poll, I am a Gen Xer born in the early 1970s... What?

Also, that is pretty gross stuff. The linked articles are a bunch of gibberish.

#13 Edited by alwaysbebombing (1651 posts) -

I am 94/100

I'm a dirty stinking liberal.

#14 Posted by AlexanderSheen (5101 posts) -

81/100

I am a Millennial.

#15 Posted by erhard (442 posts) -

@fattony12000: Good lord. Generation solidarity has always been pathetic, but this takes things to a new, sheep‐like level. "We" this, "us" that.

#16 Posted by Brodehouse (10133 posts) -

I was born in 86, so I'm technically a millennial, and I have a couple characteristics associated with millennials; I'm narcissistic, I'm very sex-positive, and I care about equality and fairness. But I developed I suppose my political outlook, or my world perspective, earlier than most people my age, and I went farther back in time with my influences, so my cultural references cause me to see myself as more Gen-X. I'm cynical in general and especially with authority, I think language and etiquette policing is designed to promote inequality, and I look at socioeconomics as the core influence behind people's decisions and not race, sex, 'culture', or whatever the latest craze is.

I'm part of that generation of kids who built our moral code from golden era Simpsons episodes.

#17 Posted by BisonHero (7065 posts) -

I think any generation name is bound to be really stupid if you come up with the name while they are still relevant. Like, I feel like all of these generation names were all quickly made up in the 60s, and then ongoing until now. It just seems like you're defining the generation before people have really decided what you could define that generation for.

#18 Edited by Bollard (5867 posts) -

I have no idea what a millennial is.

#19 Posted by Quarters (1884 posts) -

I got 87/100. All up in that Millennial. I was also born in '87, so I guess that works out. I think all that stuff is silly.

#20 Edited by Dalai (7071 posts) -

So I'm basically a Gen-X/Millennial mix of some sort. Makes sense since I don't really associate with either categorization.

Drew, on the other hand, is a Willennial. Everybody knows that.

#21 Posted by Fredchuckdave (6161 posts) -

The term millennial can eat a dick, unless it means born after December 31st, 2000.

#22 Posted by Animasta (14727 posts) -
#23 Edited by Scrawnto (2467 posts) -

Why '82? Is it because they lived in the last millennium but came of age in the new millennium? It seems like a pretty silly distinction to make.

@johnsweetboy: Drew was actually an intern practically fresh out of college when he first joined the site. He's definitely a relative youngin', despite his professional bearing.

#24 Posted by wjb (1697 posts) -

@scrawnto: I guess because we graduated high school in 2000? I remember being in 2nd grade and we had this speaker come into the auditorium telling us about "drugs are bad" and we all had hats that said "Drug Free 2000" on them. This had to be 1989? We thought we were the shit.

That survey:

"Have you created a profile for MySpace, Facebook, etc.?"

"Yes."

"Yer a Millennial, yo."

"I'm 83. I created an account to see pictures of my grandkids."

"Shut up, kid. Go find a job. Stop playing cards and watching game shows all day."

#25 Posted by BeefyGrandmole (355 posts) -

I got 42/100 so I guess I'm a gen x from the 90's. I don't really know what that means and don't care enough to find out.

#26 Posted by RazielCuts (2987 posts) -

I know the guys were joking around with the 'millienial' usage and they probably just came out of a marketing meeting where it was used a lot, 'Your key demo is the millennial market.' But damn, whenever I hear that word I physically cringe. It's like someone who doesn't get the internet or technology or the last 10-15 years of advancement. 'Oh you're playing videogames, is that Pac-man?' Akin to when people talk about Dubstep as if it's a new joke, like yeah, lolcats amirite? UGH.

#27 Edited by pyromagnestir (4339 posts) -

26/100 on the stupid poll thing.

I don't know what that means but whatever.

#28 Posted by Aetheldod (3736 posts) -

You bunch of millenials .... I scored 40/100 , more of a gen x it seems.

#30 Posted by Fredchuckdave (6161 posts) -

27/100, though I'm actually from like 1797-1815, AD 184-251, 1756-1763 or so, quiz fails to be all inclusive.

#31 Edited by ArbitraryWater (12126 posts) -

I think the joke on the Bombcast was more about how the usage of the term "Millennial" is really, really stupid.

#32 Posted by Dasacant2 (240 posts) -

I guess I am in the baby boomer generation. Seems like the biggest influences on my score were that I don't have a social media account and I still have a lanline (with a cellphone)

#33 Posted by Skytylz (4039 posts) -

I got a 96/100 on the test. I always do well on tests.

#34 Posted by russman588 (68 posts) -

33/100. My aversion to cell phones has served me well.

#35 Posted by Fredchuckdave (6161 posts) -

@arbitrarywater: It was a Drew delivered joke though, and you know how those go.

#36 Edited by StarFoxA (5165 posts) -

@fattony12000: Damn, I got a 97/100. I'm a millennial for certain (born in 1994).

#37 Edited by Brendan (8163 posts) -

Whoa, I got a 96. Hardcore millennial here.

#38 Posted by Fattony12000 (7578 posts) -
Totally Millennial

#39 Posted by csl316 (9493 posts) -

I was born in '85 and apparently I'm selfish for being single with no kids *shrugs*

Drew followed the same path as me, trying new things and experiencing life. If that makes us millenials, I can deal! Makes life super interesting.

#40 Posted by PatODay (220 posts) -

@csl316: I'm in exactly the same boat. My boss at work called me a millenial last week when I had a meeting with him. It caught me off guard because it was one of the first things he said and it came completely out of the blue.

#41 Edited by CaLe (4056 posts) -

I was born in the same year as Drew but he's a better human being than I am and I hope to be like him when I grow up.

I got 52 on the test. I dunno what that means.

#42 Edited by ShaggE (6717 posts) -

Weirdly, knowing Drew is my age makes me feel vaguely bad about myself.

*note to self: Be more Drew*

#43 Edited by Rejizzle (373 posts) -

I'm 73/100. Damn, only one away from being a millennial. I guess I should go get a tattoo or something...

#44 Posted by noizy (717 posts) -

@fattony12000: I have an IP phone on my computer.... is that a landline?

#45 Edited by Coafi (1494 posts) -

Yeah, I got a 96/100. Woah, A+.

#46 Posted by Variable_ (33 posts) -

I'll be 31 in a week, got 75/100 on that gibberish "test." I still refuse to be a millennial, not even a little bit.

#47 Edited by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

Drew is actually in his 40's he just lies about it you can trust me don't worry ok.

#48 Posted by Andorski (5367 posts) -

Ever wondered what happened to the Whiskey Media interns? Drew keeps them in a basement and consumes their youth in order to stay young.

#49 Posted by Slag (4891 posts) -

Well I'm rated a solid Millenial at 80, eventhough I'm not.

#50 Posted by konig_kei (670 posts) -

I got a 31 but I can't see what it is cause mobile.