• 61 results
Posted by DorkyMohr (184 posts) -
WHAT'S A WEBSITE!

Drew this listening to tonight's Bombcast. It feels slightly weird drawing fanart for advertisements but I couldn't get the image out of my head of Vinny as a literal small business man. Hope you enjoy!

#1 Posted by Nightriff (5335 posts) -

That is my favorite piece of fan art in a while, nice job. Plan on doing one for Jeff? I picture him as a door to door sales man in the ads, don't know why really.

#2 Edited by Quantris (343 posts) -

Hmm...I always picture a really behind-the-times business man behind Vinny's voice. Like, his arms are full of envelopes and he's got a stamp stuck to his forehead or something, and he's talking on a flip phone.

Regardless, really well done picture!

#3 Edited by ShadowConqueror (3085 posts) -

I like the art style. Good job.

#4 Edited by AngriGhandi (792 posts) -

I feel like that drawing is going to open up like a greeting card. And the inside says something like

"...STOP GOING TO THE POST OFFICE!

GET WELL SOON."

It's great.

#5 Posted by captain_max707 (494 posts) -

Awesome job!

#6 Posted by HammondofTexas (912 posts) -

This is perfect! Thanks for sharing!

#7 Posted by Sarumarine (2303 posts) -

That's awesome. It's like a Mini Caravella and his Small Business Man persona. Haha. Thanks for sharing. The suit and the gold watch are perfect.

#8 Posted by Fear_the_Booboo (586 posts) -

I love this. Great job!

#9 Posted by forteexe21 (492 posts) -

Obviously waiting for the intern to arrive! Looks damn good.

#10 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11393 posts) -

Fantastic!

#11 Posted by beard_of_zeus (1695 posts) -

Why is every user on this website besides me an amazing artist? I bow to your talents.

#12 Edited by Chaser324 (6744 posts) -

You see this watch? This watch costs more than your car.
#13 Posted by Sweep (8976 posts) -

Fuck yeah, love this!

#14 Posted by Nux (2421 posts) -

This is awesome! Great job duder.

#15 Posted by Y2Ken (1283 posts) -

This is so good. I love Small Business Man.

#17 Posted by TooWalrus (13256 posts) -

This is fantastic!

#18 Posted by FLStyle (4919 posts) -

Hurry to the post office Small Business Man, you caveman you!

#19 Posted by vorpalparasite (305 posts) -

This is so great! Nice work!

#20 Posted by SavePoint (95 posts) -

Great job on this. I, of course, would like to see more of this.

I need to learn how to draw, you guys are awesome.

#21 Posted by ch3burashka (5247 posts) -

Small Business Man is my favorite Persona 4 NPC.

I had a feeling he'd garner some attention and love; their dumb ramblings about random SBM antics are usually quality stuff.

Also, this depiction looks like a Spelunky character. Just putting that out there, and implying heavily there should be one made.

#22 Posted by chiablo (999 posts) -

I could see "Small Business Man" having a flip phone from the early 2000's and wearing a watch for it's intended purpose (telling time).

#23 Posted by Sarumarine (2303 posts) -

I had a feeling he'd garner some attention and love; their dumb ramblings about random SBM antics are usually quality stuff.

Also, this depiction looks like a Spelunky character. Just putting that out there, and implying heavily there should be one made.

Small Business Man would be great in Spelunky. He's got to reach the post office at the center of hell!

#24 Posted by Humanity (10067 posts) -

Next there should be Jeff looking like a rich businessman with a gold watch and an expensive suite.

#25 Posted by ch3burashka (5247 posts) -

@ch3burashka said:

Small Business Man would be great in Spelunky. He's got to reach the post office at the center of hell!

Wait... post office?! Oh man, you gotta get onto Stamps.com!

#26 Edited by BradBrains (1171 posts) -

only giantbomb could create a fanbase out of their ads (maybe steve austin)

#27 Posted by preheatedbibby (48 posts) -

Super good

#28 Posted by cooljammer00 (2044 posts) -

Ah, so he's a "small" business man.

Love the ads. If you're listening to the premium Bombcast, you're missing out.

#29 Posted by LTSmash (659 posts) -

The only thing that could make it better would be a hat.

#30 Posted by Melvargh (517 posts) -

@ch3burashka said:

I'd exclusively use a Small Business Man Spelunky skin.

#31 Posted by cooljammer00 (2044 posts) -

@melvargh said:

@sarumarine said:

@ch3burashka said:

I'd exclusively use a Small Business Man Spelunky skin.

Paging @fobwashed

#32 Posted by PimblyCharles (1641 posts) -

That... is... AMAZING. I don't think it's weird to make fan art like this. Hell, I'm working on one right now featuring the obscure Roscoe the Alligator: King of the Everglades. Seriously great work duder. You absolutely captured Vinny's likeness.

#33 Posted by TheHT (11784 posts) -

Nice work duder!

#34 Posted by Nev (561 posts) -

This is perfect. Nicely done, sir!

#35 Edited by MasterBrief (226 posts) -

So is it true if your a member you don't hear those little ads? I rather like them. Great work by the way, love it.

#36 Posted by TheHT (11784 posts) -

@masterbrief: There's a separate ad-free bombcast uploaded as well, if someone really doesn't want to hear them.

#37 Posted by cooljammer00 (2044 posts) -
@theht said:

@masterbrief: There's a separate ad-free bombcast uploaded as well, if someone really doesn't want to hear them.

All I know is that at PAX, I heard a few chants for "PunMaster" but also a few "Small Business Man!" chants.

#38 Edited by TheBlue (435 posts) -

Someone needs to make a figure based on that drawing cause I need a small business man Vinny on my shelf.

#39 Posted by BBAlpert (1576 posts) -

That... is... AMAZING. I don't think it's weird to make fan art like this. Hell, I'm working on one right now featuring the obscure Roscoe the Alligator: King of the Everglades. Seriously great work duder. You absolutely captured Vinny's likeness.

Big Jeffrey says "Drop 'em"

#40 Posted by csl316 (9439 posts) -

So cool.

I imagine Jeff fan art would resemble the monorail guy from The Simpsons.

#41 Posted by Dr_Monocle (124 posts) -

Very awesome!

This made my day, duder!

#42 Posted by BaconGames (3574 posts) -

I think putting him a line at the post office would be perfect.

#43 Edited by Legion_ (1557 posts) -

@quantris said:

Hmm...I always picture a really behind-the-times business man behind Vinny's voice. Like, his arms are full of envelopes and he's got a stamp stuck to his forehead or something, and he's talking on a flip phone.

Regardless, really well done picture!

This. A regular dude in his 60's running a mom and pop shop.

#44 Edited by ch3burashka (5247 posts) -

#45 Posted by MikeLemmer (614 posts) -

So where's the related picture of Dave the Intern?

#46 Posted by Itwongo (1245 posts) -

I always picture Jeff in a cheap suit with a bow tie when he does these ads

#47 Posted by afabs515 (1326 posts) -

I laughed. Love it!

#48 Posted by Regal (434 posts) -

Love the style.

If there were to be a live-action adaption of these ads (which seems inevitable) I always pictured them being directed by Wes Anderson because he could capture their quaint and cute essence like you have with this drawing.

#49 Posted by Roboculus92 (534 posts) -

Great job! It looks great!

#50 Edited by KirkyX (138 posts) -

GIant Bomb's the only Video Game Website that could ever hope to produce a line of ads good enough that the community would actually start drawing fan art of them.

(The picture's great, by the way. I'm picturing him standing on top of a gigantic - normal sized - envelope.)