#1 Posted by SunBroZak (1030 posts) -

So I've slowly been making my through old Giant Bomb videos for the first time, and I'm so happy I came across this gem. Ryan's laugh made the whole thing better, it's just so infectious. The quality isn't great on the YouTube video, so if you want to watch it proper, it's somewhere in the second part of The Second Annual Big Live Show Live.

With 2013 coming to a close, what are your guys' favourite Giant Bomb moments? I personally, can't wait to dig into more of the backlog.

#2 Posted by ArtisanBreads (3758 posts) -

That was a good one dude!

I don't think I could really pick one myself. Between the Endurance Run, Bombcasts, all the videos. There is too much.

#3 Posted by Sammo21 (3215 posts) -

lol, great moment. I don't think I've ever seen this one since it first aired. I agree with @artisanbreads ....I can't pick a moment. I just watched the Motorbike and Ride to Hell quicklooks and those had me laughing pretty hard.

#4 Edited by BaneFireLord (2913 posts) -

Awesome find.

My favorite is definitely the "Ryan's a narc" Bombcast clip. If I wasn't on mobile, I'd post it.

#5 Edited by Fredchuckdave (5339 posts) -

Fortune Street, Patrick's district gets destroyed

#6 Posted by csl316 (8172 posts) -

Mile High Club, man. Hours and hours of build up to glory.

#7 Posted by OneKillWonder_ (1698 posts) -

I went back to find this video about a month or two ago. Definitely one of my favorites, as well!

#8 Posted by Video_Game_King (36090 posts) -

Hot dog toaster.

#9 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5268 posts) -

When Giant Bomb discovered the Xbox one's portal to hell.

#10 Posted by Fattony12000 (7093 posts) -

#11 Edited by Nodima (1119 posts) -

A pretty ill gem I've come across recently in my guided tour through old content via bombcast is the Thor: God of Thunder Quick Look. Lot of great little one-liners and quips. Never does a three-man QL team disappoint (Jeff, Ryan, Brad).

Thor QL (apparently not on Youtube)

#12 Posted by xXHesekielXx (218 posts) -

Great video! Thanks for sharing.

#13 Edited by Yadilie (380 posts) -
#14 Posted by Capum15 (4822 posts) -

@fattony12000: Oh my god that made me lose it. That was a WONDERful clip.

Also yeah, that Harmonix thing was amazing.

There are way too many things that I love from Giantbomb. I gotta say though, the After Burner: Climax Quick Look is among my favorites.

Fucking ABC. God damn I love that part. "Oh, I almost blew out something there holding that in. *Jeff cracks up* Almost passed out." "That was terrible."

Love Ryan Davis.

#15 Posted by newhaap (417 posts) -

@fattony12000: That one was really good! That 'tunk' sound is almost too comical...

#16 Posted by CornBREDX (4855 posts) -

I've seen so many great moments I can't name just one. But this one was pretty funny:

That's a highlight video as it went on throughout the entire episode of happy hour or something.

These two videos say its the full segment in 2 parts if you want to see all of it

Part 1

Part 2

#17 Edited by thejke (91 posts) -

I forget which video it is in but it is one of the many times that Vinny was playing Sleeping Dogs. Ryan was there as well. Vinny gets in a car and starts to drive when the game glitches. The car goes flying hundreds of feet in the air and Ryan shouts YEAH while Vinny just laughs.

#18 Posted by Capum15 (4822 posts) -

@thejke: Sleepy Dogs: Year of the Snake.

#19 Posted by RonGalaxy (2910 posts) -

I've seen so many great moments I can't name just one. But this one was pretty funny:

That's a highlight video as it went on throughout the entire episode of happy hour or something.

These two videos say its the full segment in 2 parts if you want to see all of it

Part 1

Part 2

Oh my god, ryans reaction to "what are your thoughts on megans law" was pure gold. PURE GOLD

#20 Edited by Fattony12000 (7093 posts) -
#21 Edited by Brodehouse (9639 posts) -

Unfortunately my iconic Giant Bomb moment remains Ryan's reaction to hockey powder (or maybe it was Djunglevral). Or that time Vinny drank the bird's nest drink and 'something touched my lips!'

#22 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

A video of a group of folks ordering food should not be this good.

#23 Posted by ThePickle (4155 posts) -

Fuck man. Too many to pick. The Bad Company 2 TNT is my favorite piece of video the site has ever produced, so probably something from that. Maybe this?

#24 Posted by Capum15 (4822 posts) -

@thepickle: The helicopter bit is my favorite from that TNT. But that whole TNT was great.

#25 Posted by AlexanderSheen (4932 posts) -

The first half of the Battlefield Bad Company 2 TNT. Control Point D, tank man, the shot down helicopter, internet memes, magnificent chaos overall... It was magical.

#26 Posted by bluesun (232 posts) -

Some memorable old-school moments for mine (if you can find them):

• That first BLLSL (especially the after-show).
  • AGE. OF. BOOTY.
  • Does Jeff remember the Gin bet he had with Dave?

Anyway, 2013 is almost done. So much has happened. I know when the clocks ticks past midnight, I'll be raising a glass to the crew (past and present).

Cheers!

#27 Posted by Christoffer (1761 posts) -

Man, that was a great laugh. Thanks for that. Here's hoping we get more of this bonafide shenanigans in 2014.

#28 Posted by jimmyfenix (3836 posts) -

Dead Island TNT , Fortune Street , PSI Ops and much much more.

#29 Posted by Noblenerf (311 posts) -

The Wipeout 2 Quick Look is my favourite piece of GB content. In the quick look Vinny breaks Kinect while Kinect breaks Ryan; it's without a doubt the funniest quick look I've ever seen. My favourite moment is within this QL - near the end when they're on the final course, attempting to get past the giant baseball bat obstacles.

The Arma III alpha Quick Look would be my second choice. It's really enjoyable look at Arma 3 that had many great moments. Vinny in particular was on fire during that QL: his execution of an ally, attempts at team-killing Drew(?) and his ultimate resurrection within that QL were incredibly inspired.

#30 Posted by ShaggE (6348 posts) -

I have way too many favorites to just list them, but Ryan losing his shit at "Found Me The Bomb" (a song that gets stuck in my head to this day) is definitely in my top 10.

I also love the whole Nintendo eShop "storyline" with Jeff slowly losing his mind and eventually starting the Nintendownload Express.

#31 Posted by crithon (3081 posts) -

I still rank in a lot of E3 2013 videos, Ryan was at peak form. The Xbone reveal live stream, and ordering a Pizzar through the extra life stream

Sigh, I miss Ryan Davis.

#32 Posted by Bollard (5292 posts) -

I forgot how damn good the clip in the OP was.

#33 Posted by Milkman (16541 posts) -

That video in the OP made me laugh but at the same time, made me profoundly sad. Fuck this shitty fucking year.

#34 Posted by BillyMaysRIP (163 posts) -

The Card against Humanity TNT is one of my favorites. I'll never play the game, but goddamn, that entire TNT is fuckin hilarious. Jeff's fuckin dumb smirk while Ryan reads off his card about the underground railroad, Jeff's joke about China, and Brad Muir make me smile any time I think about that TNT. The "highlights" on Youtube covers most of the best moments, but the entire video is just amazing. Ryan's, I guess, leadership is what held it all together. Still miss the big man.

#35 Posted by RespitefortheLovelorn (17 posts) -

Steakumms, John Frakes, and Big Jeffery.I love you, Giant Bomb.

#36 Edited by development (2106 posts) -

@capum15: That spader-man gag was one of my favorite things Ryan did. The character-bio is so good.

edit: Oh, whoops! The thing I'm talking about was in the "suggested videos" collage after the video you posted ended. But the helicopter clip you posted is also amazing.

I guess I'll post it for others to see:

#37 Posted by Capum15 (4822 posts) -

@development: Yeah that's pretty great too.

@billymaysrip: Oh my god, I've seen that twice before but I never noticed Jeff's fucking smirk at the Underground Railroad bit. I lost it at that. Also, Harry Potter and the Chamber of ____ was incredible. I need to re-watch both CAH TNTs, they were gold.

#38 Posted by ZolRoyce (633 posts) -

I'm a fan of this moment:

I don't know if it is a reference to something or Ryan just being Ryan but it's pretty great.

#39 Posted by Xanadu (305 posts) -

This for me.

#40 Edited by HatKing (5836 posts) -

Impossible to pick just one. But for some reason this comes to mind. The "let's watch a pro" bit was so fucking perfect.

#41 Posted by ripelivejam (3586 posts) -

SUPER. HOT. SUPER. HOT. SUPER. HOT. SUPER. HOT. SUPER. HOT. SUPER. HOT. SUPER. HOT. SUPER. HOT. SUPER. HOT. SUPER. HOT. SUPER. HOT. SUPER. HOT. SUPER. HOT. SUPER. HOT. SUPER. HOT. SUPER. HOT. SUPER. HOT. SUPER. HOT. SUPER. HOT. SUPER. HOT. SUPER. HOT. SUPER. HOT. SUPER. HOT. SUPER. HOT. SUPER. HOT. SUPER. HOT. SUPER. HOT.

#42 Edited by Zalrus9 (107 posts) -

I really like this one. I don't really know why, but I find myself laughing most times I listen to it.

#43 Posted by OurSin_360 (837 posts) -

The giantbomb panels with Ryan and Jeff hosting

#44 Posted by mosespippy (4050 posts) -

For me it's the bit on the bombcast about corporate twitter accounts, specifically Pepsi, RC cola and Coke.

#45 Posted by Demoskinos (14585 posts) -

I don't even know man. Although the second life stuff from the recent UPF had me nearly dying. CYBER AIDS.

#46 Posted by Ben_H (3316 posts) -

@zalrus9 said:

I really like this one. I don't really know why, but I find myself laughing most time I listen to it.

Came here to post this. Cracks me up every single time.

#47 Edited by Dprotp (47 posts) -

these moments are awesome, but I've always loved how no one has ever referenced this moment:

[edit] aw shit, I didn't see that this got posted. sorry!