#1 Posted by Thrawnkkar (304 posts) -

#2 Posted by Thrawnkkar (304 posts) -

For when the day comes that we drop that big bad.

#3 Posted by bcjohnnie (442 posts) -

Yeah, I saw that one earlier today... I do love how that guy boils down the fights, but damn this makes me never want to do nef.  Just thinking about all of the potential points in this fight at which we can fail and cause choke points to progression makes me cry.  Hopefully by the time we've taken down Cho'gall, we will be even more in synch as a raid group, so the particulars of this fight won't seem so intimidating.

#4 Posted by Thrawnkkar (304 posts) -

I dunno if we will ever drop him with our 10 man. Unless on ten there are only two pillars. Because we would need 4 healers at least.

#5 Posted by troidy (75 posts) -
@Thrawnkkar said:
" I dunno if we will ever drop him with our 10 man. Unless on ten there are only two pillars. Because we would need 4 healers at least. "
It's doable on 10-man with 3 healers certainly, one on each platform. If the group has trouble healing electrocute in addition to the other damage, you can have the ranged DPS down the Prototypes instead of burning the boss, so he won't trigger Electrocute.
#6 Posted by Thrawnkkar (304 posts) -
@troidy Part of me loves blizz for that. The other part hates them for it.
#7 Posted by idiotic_genius1 (416 posts) -

Yeah this fight looks like a bitch. It's going to take a lot of time, but i think we will eventually get it.
#8 Edited by troidy (75 posts) -

Just wanted to file this away here, was watching the tankspot video for my 25-man, and its got some real nice diagrams for where the bosses should be tanked during different phases, and just good diagrams in general. We just need some pie charts and spreadsheets and we'll be good to go.

EDIT: Another nice thing about tankspot videos is that they tend to go over more then one way to tackle different mechanics in the fight.

#9 Posted by Thrawnkkar (304 posts) -

We need spreadsheets stat!