• 174 results
#1 Edited by Typographenia (57 posts) -

I edited together a video to celebrate some of Patrick's best moments on camera at the GB offices, and I wanted to share it with everyone. I know it feels really sappy and probably more sad than I meant it to, but it was fun to make.

Best wishes to Patrick in Chicagoland. : )

#2 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

I was actually thinking of doing something very similar for Patrick with the Persona 4 ending, but technical issues borked that up.

#3 Posted by aurahack (2270 posts) -

Gah. Gahhhhhhhh. Well done, duder.

I know, for the hundredth time now, that he is not leaving leaving but fuck, man... I'm gonna miss him in the office. :<

#4 Posted by Milkman (16613 posts) -

You know, the song choice is extremely predictable and it is a little overly sappy but fuck, man...it got me. Good job, duder.

#5 Posted by Monkeyman04 (1042 posts) -

*claps vigorously* BRAVO!

That was really well done. Made me choke up a bit.

#6 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10819 posts) -

I think that's the first time I actually managed to sit through all of that (bad) song, and I attribute that to Patrick!

Also, good editing work.

#7 Posted by Typographenia (57 posts) -

@milkman said:

You know, the song choice is extremely predictable and it is a little overly sappy but fuck, man...it got me. Good job, duder.

Yeah, I felt guilty using it since it was the safe choice, but the length of the song was enough to convince me it would be easy enough to edit around quickly.

Thanks all, for the kind words. : )

#8 Posted by RollingZeppelin (1954 posts) -

Wish you chose a better song, but I just muted it and played a better one :D. Good job on the video editing anyway.

#9 Edited by Colourful_Hippie (4337 posts) -

Other than the song choice, awesome job!

#10 Posted by Gravier251 (217 posts) -

nicely done. I'm definitely going to miss his presence in the office. I look forward to seeing what content he comes up with when he gets settled though.

#11 Posted by wewantsthering (1564 posts) -

Wow. Thank you so much. That was a really good look back. Will be missing Patrick for sure. :-) Goodbyes are never easy...

#12 Posted by SSully (4147 posts) -

Great video man, it bummed me the fuck out. Patrick's presence is going to be missed

#13 Edited by Clonedzero (4194 posts) -

He didn't die or anything....

#14 Posted by punkxblaze (2968 posts) -

I feel like Patrick died now.

#15 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

:(

Touché duder.

#16 Posted by HatKing (5875 posts) -

I got, maybe, two seconds in. I can't fucking stand that song. I swear I've heard it in about a hundred other videos just like this - including a shitty video the yearbook club put together for my graduating class many years ago. Fuck this song.

Sorry, I'm sure this is mostly a weird personal thing and bares no judgement on the quality of your work.

#17 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (3146 posts) -

@clonedzero said:

Nah he graduated... joking aside good video.

#19 Posted by ShaggE (6399 posts) -

@milkman said:

You know, the song choice is extremely predictable

Ahem. It's something UNpredictable. :P

Also, I can't hate this song, simply because I love that everybody skips over the sarcasm of it and uses it in the most inappropriate ways. (no offense, OP, it works straight too, it's just funny to think about)

#20 Posted by tyxja (278 posts) -

I seriously had to keep distracting myself with how obvious the song choice was to keep myself from getting choked up.

Great video, duder!

#21 Posted by Clonedzero (4194 posts) -

@hedfone said:

@clonedzero said:

No one said he fucking did

Woah dude. Chill the fuck out.

#22 Posted by Jachin (41 posts) -

I thought that song was played out by the time it was in the Seinfeld clip show...

#23 Posted by Zero_ (1973 posts) -

RIP Patrick Klepek

#24 Posted by CitizenCoffeeCake (483 posts) -

Yes we can all agree that song is ass but that was a good video duder, you found the quintessential Patrick moments.

#25 Edited by aurahack (2270 posts) -

@zero_ said:

RIP Patrick Klepek

rip in peace

#26 Edited by wjb (1653 posts) -

R.I.P. Patrick

(For real, good job. The song is sappy, but whatever. I think it's been long enough where it isn't totally cliche anymore and can be accepted again. Like disco...)

#27 Posted by StarvingGamer (8128 posts) -

Great work, excellent clip selection and editing.

#28 Edited by Breadfan (6589 posts) -
#29 Posted by alwaysbebombing (1554 posts) -

He's not dead :(

This made me really sad.

#30 Posted by Deakor (39 posts) -

Really nice job with this. Very well done.

#31 Posted by OneKillWonder_ (1719 posts) -

I didn't watch this due to never, ever wanting to hear that goddamn song again, but I bet it's a pretty good video! So....nice work?

#32 Posted by MocBucket62 (1180 posts) -

Excellent collaboration! Though this isn't the last we'll see Patrick. We'll definitely see him in future E3 and GOTY shows.

#33 Posted by pweidman (2319 posts) -

Great video duder, and the music fits just fine, especially considering how Patrick became such a key part of this group and community over time, and how much he was unhappy where he was before.

Kudos

#34 Posted by believer258 (11771 posts) -

That was pretty good! The song was all right, too.

#35 Posted by MistaSparkle (2148 posts) -

Awww that was really nice! Good job, duder :)

Gonna miss ya, Patrick!

#36 Posted by TrafalgarLaw (1106 posts) -

@punkxblaze said:

I feel like Patrick died now.

He looked so happy in that thumbnail :(

#37 Edited by TruthTellah (8716 posts) -

Your highlight reel is -fantastic-, @typographenia! Much better than I could pull together. ha. If you don't mind, I had also wanted to do a sendoff video, but set to "Where My Heart Will Take Me" by Russell Watson. A song near and dear to many duders here. You really beat me to making a reel, and it is simply perfect with the song.

I hope I provided appropriate credit, and if you would prefer I take it down, feel free to ask. :)

I think it goes well with the different music, and hopefully everyone finds it as touching/amusing as I did!

(may not be available in some countries due to restrictions on "Where My Heart Will Take Me")

#38 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6396 posts) -

@hedfone said:

@clonedzero said:

No one said he fucking did

That was clearly an overreaction of great magnitude. He was just pointing out that the video is overly-sappy for a dude that will be in close contact with the site for the foreseeable future.

#39 Edited by Dot (163 posts) -

R.I.P :(

#40 Posted by TorMasturba (1095 posts) -

Great video, well edited and made me well up very slightly, WHY DO PEOPLE HAVE TO LEAVE? Ha ha. Bummed, but as old Kleppek has said, these occasion are best when they're very bitter-sweet, it means that the time he was around for was very truly fun and interesting and he showed enjoyment for being on the staff and part of the community too. Sure he's not fully leaving the site but it's still not good enough as him actually being there on the site videos as a group either way.
Super bummed. I was just as bummed when Dave left too. They were too close together when they left damn it! Scoops better live up to past mentioned possibilities and get Dave on their Alex and Kleptok podcast or I'll have to send them some angry tweets. Ha ha!

As for the song choice, I think I'm lucky I'm not American when it comes to this song, this's the first time I've heard it in my entire life, it isn't bad to me... Yet.

I will now probably hear it all over the place and begin to hate it now.
The book of love is a good song for this sort of thing, although it could be argued that that song is also an overly sappy and overly obvious song too.

Bye again Scoops! Good luck!

#41 Posted by FirebirdINF (275 posts) -

Nice. Lots of Iceland. But the hot dog lava made it. I am satisfied.

#42 Posted by TorMasturba (1095 posts) -

Your highlight reel is -fantastic-, @typographenia! Much better than I could pull together. ha. If you don't mind, I had also wanted to do a sendoff video, but set to "Where My Heart Will Take Me" by Russell Watson. A song near and dear to many duders here. You really beat me to making a reel, and it is simply perfect with the song.

I hope I provided appropriate credit, and if you would prefer I take it down, feel free to ask. :)

I think it goes well with the different music, and hopefully everyone finds it as touching/amusing as I did!

(may not be available in some countries due to restrictions on "Where My Heart Will Take Me")

For me this song doesn't seem to go with the video, it seems too slow and while it does match the community's humour I feel like it just doesn't match the video either way. Sorry...

#43 Posted by SuperTess (142 posts) -

Awww, that was sweet.

#44 Posted by CharlesAlanRatliff (5409 posts) -

Nice editing.

#45 Edited by jiggajoe14 (664 posts) -

Hit me right in the feels good sir. Nice.

#46 Posted by Ghost_Cat (1421 posts) -

Great video, man! Now I miss him even harderrrr :[

#47 Edited by Thevamp25 (230 posts) -
#48 Edited by TruthTellah (8716 posts) -

For me this song doesn't seem to go with the video, it seems too slow and while it does match the community's humour I feel like it just doesn't match the video either way. Sorry...

;_;

heh. That's alright. I think it's a fun juxtaposition with the good times on display, and I think it fits better with the theme of him moving on and things changing. But, hey, I definitely don't begrudge those who think the original is much better. I'd be hard-pressed to disagree. :)

#49 Posted by Demoskinos (14718 posts) -

@milkman said:

About my thoughts couldn't have picked a more cliche song but eh... still kind of fits. Good video!

#50 Posted by supamon (1333 posts) -

Oh man... Watching that just reminded me how much Patrick has contributed and that it sucks to see someone who is enthusiastic and willing to try new things move away. I hope he'll be doing Shin Megami Tensei IV and MH4 (cause I'm sure the others won't) along with the old stuff and maybe some new segments. Great video! Poor choice of music but I know what you were going for.