• 174 results
#151 Edited by Tennmuerti (8113 posts) -

Aaaaw man, now I'm sad :(

#152 Posted by AlmostSwedish (552 posts) -

Rest in Patrick

#153 Posted by SoothsayerGB (1468 posts) -

RIP scoops...

#154 Posted by pinner458 (788 posts) -

Lol yeah it was kind of sappy but still cool. where is the footage of Drew and Patrick in some kind of hot tub from?

#155 Posted by AlmostSwedish (552 posts) -

Lol yeah it was kind of sappy but still cool. where is the footage of Drew and Patrick in some kind of hot tub from?

Their trip to Iceland. I think that was subscriber only content.

#156 Posted by Belf (54 posts) -

@markwahlberg said:

Great job, duder! However, something seems... lacking...

No, that's not quite right either...

Ah, yes. This is more like it:

(Please don't hate me)

This one made me cry

I knew it was going to be the melodica music as soon as it started, but it was still great!

#157 Posted by ThomasCro (127 posts) -

i cri evrytim

#158 Edited by ozzier (22 posts) -

The video was nice, and I love that song, you made it fit well.

However I gotta say, you guys collectively behave as if you're friends with the site crew, it's weirding me out tbh. They don't know who any of us are, we don't know each other, we visit here to watch and read their content on video games, they're not your friends..

Anyway, nice video.

You could do a lot worse in picking a group of make-believe friends, IMO.

Truthfully, these dudes put so much of themselves on here, that it's not terribly difficult to feel like we've gotten to know them.

So...fine. Yeah. Fair. I like to think of them as my pretend friends.

#159 Posted by Kiri90 (257 posts) -
#160 Posted by jakob187 (21675 posts) -

Why do people keep acting like he died or something? Fuck. He moved. Yes, he moved away from where he's been for a long while, and I'm sure that holds some pretty strong emotions for HIM. However, he is STILL with Giant Bomb and he is STILL going to appear on the site and he is STILL going to be alive and doing things.

I don't see how Patrick moving to Chicago is affecting anyone other than Patrick and the people he literally knows that would be affected.

#161 Edited by Legion_ (1287 posts) -

Well done duder. Made me smile.

Two questions though: Who is the guy sitting next to Patrick in what appears to be Dave's place, and what is the context for Brad chasing Patrick?

#162 Posted by randombattle (85 posts) -
@jakob187 said:

Why do people keep acting like he died or something? Fuck. He moved. Yes, he moved away from where he's been for a long while, and I'm sure that holds some pretty strong emotions for HIM. However, he is STILL with Giant Bomb and he is STILL going to appear on the site and he is STILL going to be alive and doing things.

I don't see how Patrick moving to Chicago is affecting anyone other than Patrick and the people he literally knows that would be affected.

Dude he's not gonna be on unprofessional fridays, quick looks, the podcast, and all the other regular goofy videos. It's not gonna be the same with out him. :(

It's good he's doing what he wants to stay happy but still giantbomb lost a great bombcaster and on camera guy.

#163 Posted by michaelfossbakk (236 posts) -

Great video. Left a smile on my face.

#164 Posted by InfiniteGeass (2054 posts) -

Is Patrick going to blow up Chicago with a giant bomb?

#165 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7241 posts) -

Great, now I'm sad again. :( Great work on the video though!

Where did the clip of Ryan, John and Patrick holding that electric shock thing come from? :P

#167 Posted by patrickklepek (4630 posts) -

This was really wonderful. Thank you, guys.

Staff
#168 Edited by Oswell_Endswell (28 posts) -

I thought the song was fine. If it was good enough to see Seinfeld off, it's good enough to see Klepek off.

Great job.

#169 Posted by Hockeymask27 (3683 posts) -

@wjb said:

R.I.P. Patrick

(For real, good job. The song is sappy, but whatever. I think it's been long enough where it isn't totally cliche anymore and can be accepted again. Like disco...)

I agree the song is fine also awesome job. Now do one for brad.

#170 Edited by Plasticstars (171 posts) -

Excellent work.

On a slightly unrelated note, I noticed a clip towards the end that seemed to include Danny O'Dwyer. Anyone know which video that was from?

#171 Posted by MeAuntieNora (531 posts) -

Denuded of context, much of the footage reads like indulgent non-sequitur. It defies the viewer to rationally subscribe to its brand of nonsense, simultaneously affirming the legitimacy of its esoteric language and ways of thought.

While specific literature remains sparse, I think we can infer that Giant Bomb always has a plan. Some glorious day in the near future, I will check that my neighbor's Reeboks are adequately pumped, and he will hand me my cup of Tang.

#172 Posted by KFJ (7 posts) -

I met Patrick at Fanfest and he's genuinely one of the friendliest people I've ever met. I really warmed up to him being in the videos as frequently as he was over the last year, he's an excellent writer and at least we'll still have that stuff!

#173 Edited by handlas (2683 posts) -

Excellent work.

On a slightly unrelated note, I noticed a clip towards the end that seemed to include Danny O'Dwyer. Anyone know which video that was from?

The BioForge streams I do believe.

#174 Posted by armaan8014 (5406 posts) -
#175 Posted by RawText (27 posts) -

Y'know. I understand that some folk disliked Patrick. But geeze, he was the one I related to the most, and I've been here since the beginning. Even if he'll still be around, I'll miss his voice on the podcast. The perspectives he distinctly did not share with the rest of the bombcrew were fantastic to hear about.

#176 Posted by FunkSausage (55 posts) -

I think this is a fitting soundtrack to the sendoff: https://soundcloud.com/past-recedes/actualize-feat-hamring

#177 Posted by Hazelnuttz (97 posts) -

WAT!!?!? When did they play the shocker game? I missed it!

#178 Posted by NicksCorner (416 posts) -

Really nice edited video, thanks duder.