Posted by langdon_alger (46 posts) -

has been running through my head all day. Still hard to come to terms with the fact that he's gone. He would have fucking hated this song, so not a Summer Jam.

#1 Posted by PollySMPS (224 posts) -

For me it's been The Mighty Mighty Bosstones' "The Day He Didn't Die." A fantastic song about remembering the things that defined a person, rather than the terrible memory of their passing. It just seemed a perfect fit for the situation. At least the Bosstones are ska. I guess that's something.

#2 Edited by RonGalaxy (3170 posts) -

Get Lucky by Daft Punk for me. It was used on the harmonix stream, and it was (according to brad) used at the wedding a lot. No connection lyrically, but the feel/tone of the song makes me sad

Edit: Nevermind, the lyrics make me sad too :(

Besides the chorus lyrics, the verse has some things that make me cry

#3 Posted by Chronologist (267 posts) -

@naru_joe93: Yeah same. Had that running on loop for a good part of the day in the background after I saw the Harmonix Stream..

Other than that I've been listening to some of his Summerjam playlist and the Hotline Miami soundtrack. Seemed fitting in some way despite not really being 'sad' songs.

#4 Posted by Khadyn (228 posts) -

For me it's been The Mighty Mighty Bosstones' "The Day He Didn't Die." A fantastic song about remembering the things that defined a person, rather than the terrible memory of their passing. It just seemed a perfect fit for the situation. At least the Bosstones are ska. I guess that's something.

I went and checked out this song along with looking up the lyrics...put tears in my eyes and it put me in a better place to remember Ryan for who he was and not what he is now...Thanks!