#1 Posted by TrafalgarLaw (1361 posts) -

I hope it's the correct forum for this? I thought Vinny-enthousiasts might enjoy this as Vinny encourages Danny to use only landmines to raid an enemy base in Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon.

Link to Random Encounter

#2 Posted by Cerberus3Dog (399 posts) -

Yeah, this is enjoyable to watch, kind of reminds me of Dave and Vinny's Random PC Game. Danny has some great features over on Gamespot. The Fallout 4 The Point video was excellent. Added a link below.

Watch Danny be dirty

#3 Posted by Nick (697 posts) -

Danny is great, always love to see him on Unprofessional Fridays.

#4 Edited by TrafalgarLaw (1361 posts) -

@cerberus3dog said:

Yeah, this is enjoyable to watch, kind of reminds me of Dave and Vinny's Random PC Game. Danny has some great features over on Gamespot.

Watch Danny be dirty

Yeah, I'm surprised how much content he can put out every single week. Producing The Point, Random Encounter and hosting The Lobby but also the year-long 'A Year in the Life of a Gamer'. Guy's a genius.

#5 Posted by csl316 (9444 posts) -

Ok, I'll watch this.

#6 Posted by Pie (7111 posts) -

Aww I guess Vinny leaves 20 minutes in. Such a tease

#7 Posted by pyromagnestir (4339 posts) -

Danny is pretty great.

#8 Edited by Yummylee (22538 posts) -

@trafalgarlaw said:

@cerberus3dog said:

Yeah, this is enjoyable to watch, kind of reminds me of Dave and Vinny's Random PC Game. Danny has some great features over on Gamespot.

Watch Danny be dirty

Yeah, I'm surprised how much content he can put out every single week. Producing The Point, Random Encounter and hosting The Lobby but also the year-long 'A Year in the Life of a Gamer'. Guy's a genius.

And that's precisely why I wouldn't want him to join Giant Bomb. All you basically hear these days is how they can't... do anything. Just recently Vinny was talking all about how even the top ten staff GOTY lists were too much now, so Danny joining over here I feel would only hamstrung his creative potential and limit him to UPF's and probably an occasional LP series. Produced videos at least, which seem to be one of Danny's many specialities, is infeasible on Giant Bomb these days, so I'm happy he's allowed the freedom to do his thing with the budget of whatever Gamespot is giving him.

Edit: And by the by I don't mean to phrase this as if I'm directing it specifically at you, your post just made for a jumping off point for me to reiterate my thoughts against the notion of Danny joining GB.

#9 Posted by MikeLemmer (614 posts) -

Is there any way I can remove the animated ads from the page and still watch the video? I think the ads are dropping the video's framerate.

#10 Posted by Humanity (10079 posts) -

@yummylee said:

@trafalgarlaw said:

@cerberus3dog said:

Watch Danny be dirty

And that's precisely why I wouldn't want him to join Giant Bomb. All you basically hear these days is how they can't... do anything. Just recently Vinny was talking all about how even the top ten staff GOTY lists were too much now, so Danny joining over here I feel would only hamstrung his creative potential and limit him to UPF's and probably an occasional LP series. Produced videos at least, which seem to be one of Danny's many specialities, is infeasible on Giant Bomb these days, so I'm happy he's allowed the freedom to do his thing with the budget of whatever Gamespot is giving him.

I can only imagine the man has an entire gang of 'grips working for him because he is putting out a lot of quality, produced content each week. I don't even want to get into it anymore but it is a bummer how somehow the guys at Giant Bomb seem to be always consumed by this ethereal corporate time sink. Here's hoping those new hires they keep mentioning will happen sooner rather than later, as it's been a while already.

#11 Posted by TrafalgarLaw (1361 posts) -

@humanity said:

@yummylee said:

I can only imagine the man has an entire gang of 'grips working for him because he is putting out a lot of quality, produced content each week.

Back in Gamespot UK office he put out a lot of content too, going as far as doing a 12 hour gta5 stream through the nightly hours without any tech/audio guys. My point is, he can get stuff done on his own. Yummylee is right, Danny is the face of Gamespot for me and his chemistry is best there. Giantbomb unfortunately only manages to make their fanbase smaller by absorbing the little content they put out now into 'Premium Content'. At the very least TNT was free and archived on Twitch. Now both UPF's are premium, wtf?

#12 Posted by TrafalgarLaw (1361 posts) -

Is there any way I can remove the animated ads from the page and still watch the video? I think the ads are dropping the video's framerate.

I'm on adblock so I'm not sure what that is. Also, the cbsi videoplayer works miles better in Chrome (than in Mozilla BloatwareFox)

#13 Edited by Vuud (2035 posts) -

Be sure to watch in Haytch-D.