#1 Posted by Scalvin11 (16 posts) -

Simple question, I just remember a really funny moment when Patrick says that Brad needs to calm the fuck down.

#3 Posted by LiquidPrince (15950 posts) -

Was it during the game of the year podcasts? I feel like it might've been when Brad was pushing for DOTA to be GOTY.

#5 Posted by ikilledthedj (287 posts) -

Patrick said something to Brad on a UPF that went down a treat. Dunno what episode tho

#6 Posted by Sterling (2316 posts) -

Patrick said something to Brad on a UPF that went down a treat. Dunno what episode tho

What? How does something "go down a treat"? I don't understand what you are trying to say by that. I'm being completely serious. I've never heard this phrase before.

#7 Posted by jsnyder82 (735 posts) -

@sterling said:

@ikilledthedj said:

What? How does something "go down a treat"? I don't understand what you are trying to say by that. I'm being completely serious. I've never heard this phrase before.

Me either, I would really like to know what the hell that means.

#8 Edited by Sterling (2316 posts) -

@sterling said:

@ikilledthedj said:

I google'd it. Because it was rattling around my head. Apparently it means to enjoy, you enjoyed it. But what a funny way of saying that. But that also doesn't explain what he said that was enjoyed so much.

#9 Edited by jsnyder82 (735 posts) -

@sterling said:

@jsnyder82 said:

@sterling said:

@ikilledthedj said:

I google'd it. Because it was rattling around my head. Apparently it means to enjoy, you enjoyed it. But what a funny way of saying that. But that also doesn't explain what he said that was enjoyed so much.

Oh, I see. I probably just have never heard it because I live in the U.S. Also, what is UPF? That might seem like a stupid question, but I just can't think of what it would be.

EDIT: Nevermind. Unprofessional Fridays. Just got it.

#10 Posted by Sterling (2316 posts) -

@jsnyder82: UPF is Unprofessional Fridays. The Friday videos they do now for premium members.

#11 Edited by TopSteer (657 posts) -

I'm pretty sure it was on the Dead Island TNT when Patrick and Jeff were screwing around and Brad tried to get them to do a quest or something.

#12 Edited by jkz (4028 posts) -

The TNT with Dead Island? Just after the ghost car incident? (I've watched that piece of content far more times than I'd like to admit don't judge me)

#13 Posted by NMC2008 (1237 posts) -

The TNT with Dead Island? Just after the ghost car incident? (I've watched that piece of content far more times than I'd like to admit don't judge me)

Why not? Why are you denying me that? What did I do to deserve this? I mean I sat my fat ass down in front of the PC monitor, sat my sort of cold Dr Pepper down on my PC desk without a coaster, so that wet ring will probably show up, and I sit down thinking, "I think i'll go judge jukezypoo for a little while before I take a nice safe leisurely 1am stroll around the block here in East Los Angeles." Why are you ruining my fucking night?!

#14 Edited by crithon (3269 posts) -

the dota2 moment was actually Alex saying that to Brad at the whole game of the year lunacy.

#15 Posted by Fattony12000 (7424 posts) -

This thread is going down a treat.

#16 Posted by Yesiamaduck (1075 posts) -

This thread is going down a treat.

Indeed it is, I'm glad other people use this phrase, it must spread... it'll go down a treat with the internet folk.

#17 Posted by jsnyder82 (735 posts) -

It's all just jokey. There's nothing really serious about any of the stuff that was in the TNT video. That's just the kind of stuff people say when they play games together. That's how me and my friends talk to each other.

Sometimes I think that people on this website take things too seriously, because trust me, the Giant Bomb guys don't.

#18 Edited by Scalvin11 (16 posts) -

That's the one. I love Brad, he's a great part of the team, but I loved hearing Patrick tell him to calm down.

#19 Posted by Scalvin11 (16 posts) -

SO the moment is actually in a TNT (9/15/11) where Brad, Jeff, Patrick, and Vinny played Dead Island. It's at about 6:33 in, but the lead up is necessary. I just remember watching it and feeling like Brad was trying to direct them into finishing a quest when none of them or the viewer was concerned about that. He gets more and more adamant and p-kay just tells him to chill out. No ones face is on camera, but you hear everyone bust out laughing. Gotta love these guys.

#20 Posted by believer258 (11914 posts) -

I can remember it clearly in my head but I can't tell you which UPF it's on, sorry. Though, when I saw the thread title, I immediately thought it was on a podcast and not on an UPF.

#21 Edited by Brodehouse (9951 posts) -

I heard there would be treats.

#22 Edited by ikilledthedj (287 posts) -

HAHA sorry guys im Australian you know what its like down here shits crazy, its too hot, we are all rich and have dumb ways of saying things. There defiantly is a moment on a UPF Patrick is on the PC and brad on the couch and then the rest of the crew have a good laugh. I'm always going thu and re watching them so if i find it ill be sure to post because "it goes down a treat" cant believe y'all haven't heard that one before.

#23 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Has the question actually been answered yet?

#24 Edited by Steadying (1250 posts) -

@video_game_king:

SO the moment is actually in a TNT (9/15/11) where Brad, Jeff, Patrick, and Vinny played Dead Island. It's at about 6:33 in, but the lead up is necessary. I just remember watching it and feeling like Brad was trying to direct them into finishing a quest when none of them or the viewer was concerned about that. He gets more and more adamant and p-kay just tells him to chill out. No ones face is on camera, but you hear everyone bust out laughing. Gotta love these guys.

#25 Posted by billymagnum (827 posts) -

i loved that episode purely because of how Patrick doesnt take Brad's shit. He was getting under their skin as he often gets under mine...

#26 Edited by Dark (381 posts) -

@ikilledthedj: To be fair I am also Australian and thought they where crazy for never having heard that saying .... I keep forgetting we are called 'straya for a reason.

#27 Posted by Hunter5024 (5688 posts) -