• 58 results
Posted by Jeff (3333 posts) -
Yeah, but does their podcast feature a talk box?
A reminder for those of you who have already forgotten: The four of us went over and did a group guest shot on two editions of 1UP's podcast, 1UP Yours. The second part of that posted this morning, so head on over and give it a listen. Here's their description for the episode:

For the second, and final, part of the 2008 1UP Yours Holiday Special Garnett and Shane orchestrate an unprecedented two segments of Four Minute Warnings. The first takes a look back at the year that was 2008 with a variety of questions and everyone also gives their personal picks for Game of the Year. And the second, and final segment for the year, wraps it all up with the sure to be legendary predictions for 2009. Happy Holidays everyone. 1UP Yours will be back in 2009.
Staff
#1 Posted by Jeff (3333 posts) -
Yeah, but does their podcast feature a talk box?
A reminder for those of you who have already forgotten: The four of us went over and did a group guest shot on two editions of 1UP's podcast, 1UP Yours. The second part of that posted this morning, so head on over and give it a listen. Here's their description for the episode:

For the second, and final, part of the 2008 1UP Yours Holiday Special Garnett and Shane orchestrate an unprecedented two segments of Four Minute Warnings. The first takes a look back at the year that was 2008 with a variety of questions and everyone also gives their personal picks for Game of the Year. And the second, and final segment for the year, wraps it all up with the sure to be legendary predictions for 2009. Happy Holidays everyone. 1UP Yours will be back in 2009.
Staff
#2 Posted by daniel_beck_90 (3159 posts) -

no one can defuse this Bomb !!!

#3 Posted by Callumrides (357 posts) -

Sounds Gd

#4 Posted by ez123 (1901 posts) -

Better than Part 1. And now we know your individual Games of The Year.

#5 Posted by Thordain (959 posts) -

Nice

#6 Posted by wrecks (2125 posts) -

All I see is part 1?

#7 Posted by Waffles13 (580 posts) -

Same here, wrecks. Dunno what the issue is.

#8 Posted by t2t2 (151 posts) -
#9 Posted by wrecks (2125 posts) -

thankya!

#10 Posted by KamasamaK (2406 posts) -

Really interesting. Definitely better than the first part.

#11 Posted by MattyFTM (14238 posts) -

Downloading as we speak.

#12 Posted by killawogg (222 posts) -

the bomb squad infiltrated 1up 

#13 Posted by Nets (318 posts) -

Thanks t2t2!

#14 Posted by Dandy (57 posts) -

more like the bomb has taken over 1up

#15 Posted by Death_Burnout (3767 posts) -

The only thing that comforts me here is that A) its the last part and B) the idea that you're infiltrating it.

My heart belongs to GiantBomb!

#16 Posted by bwooduhs (1615 posts) -

I've been waiting for this sweet.

#17 Posted by sofakingcool (353 posts) -

thats still part 1....?

#18 Posted by TehFro (25 posts) -

Hmm... now that we know your game(s) of the year individually, it'll be interesting to see what wins Game Of The Year overall...

#19 Edited by Legend (2597 posts) -

Here's a direct link to the podcast:
http://www.podtrac.com/pts/redirect.mp3/podcast.the1upnetwork.com/flat/1UPYours/1UY122608.mp3

#20 Posted by insanegamer (612 posts) -

i love 1up and giant bomb this is lie being in heaven.

#21 Posted by TheGTAvaccine (2883 posts) -

Holy shit Vinny pulled through on me and chose Dead Space as his GOTY!

#22 Posted by BaconKnight (6 posts) -

After listening to the different major gaming site podcasts, I think I finally cracked the code:

1upyours = the art students
ign podcasts = the frat boys
giantbombcast = the regular dudes

And that is why I always prefer listening to Giantbomb over all other podcasts. Thank you for all your hard work.

#23 Posted by SamDrugbringer (1099 posts) -

1Up fan here, and I thought the Giantbomb guys were hilarious.  While part 1 felt like filler, this was definitely one of my favorites in a long time.

I've had this site in my favorites for a while, but this podcast convinced me to finally check it out.  Really looking froward to catching up with the old bombcasts.

#24 Posted by musdy (323 posts) -

Less Jose, more Brad!!!

#25 Posted by Memoriter (30 posts) -
insanegamer said:
"i love 1up and giant bomb this is lie being in heaven."
word
#26 Posted by shimbibby (108 posts) -
EA_Cru_2002 said:
"After listening to the different major gaming site podcasts, I think I finally cracked the code:

1upyours = the art students
ign podcasts = the frat boys
giantbombcast = the regular dudes

And that is why I always prefer listening to Giantbomb over all other podcasts. Thank you for all your hard work."
You know what, youre exactly right. Except, i love all these podcasts equally...so hard to choose a favorite. But, i think Bombcast is inching its way more and more to my top podcast pick.
#27 Edited by Peacemaker (1099 posts) -

We definitely need more 1up Yours and Giant Bomb get togethers.  That was one of my favorite podcasts in a while.

#28 Posted by twswordsman (66 posts) -

I had no idea Giant Bomb was around until the special, you guys came out strong! :D Nice going, I'm sure you won over many people like me who's never heard of Giant Bomb. Great going! I'm downloading the back episodes of the Bombcast now on itunes...its nice to hear all of you again.

#29 Posted by Media_Master (3283 posts) -

Excellent exchange of views and ideas

#30 Posted by Gnome (137 posts) -
musdy said:
"Less Jose, more Brad!!!"
That dude is so annoying
#31 Posted by Bureksasutlijom (175 posts) -
Dandy said:
"more like the bomb has taken over 1up"
Seems like it's more true now then ever,considering the whole drop off and stuff...
#32 Edited by Skytylz (4015 posts) -

This is actually how I heard of Giant Bomb!  I googled 1up yours to download some of the old podcasts and this was on the first page lol.

#33 Posted by Andorski (5106 posts) -

Motherfucker.  I saw this thread and thought the GB crew somehow wrangled all the old 1up Yours people and made a new podcast.

#34 Posted by Wrighteous86 (3642 posts) -

This is the reason I came to Giant Bomb after the 1UPocalypse 2 months later.

#35 Posted by zameer (605 posts) -
@Andorski: Same here. 

I appreciate the bump though
#36 Edited by Kurtdyoung (1289 posts) -

This podcast introduced me to Giant Bomb 

#37 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5117 posts) -

@Skytylz: Dude it's a two years old thread let it rest in peace.

#38 Posted by CharlesAlanRatliff (5355 posts) -
@Mr_Skeleton: There's nothing wrong with bumping old threads. 

It's good to know that some members signed up for Giant Bomb after hearing these podcasts.
#39 Posted by AndrewB (7187 posts) -

Wish they'd get together again. It's nice seeing Jeff and Garnett together on Bonus Round every now and again.

#40 Posted by Azteck (7447 posts) -

Jesus fucking christ this is one hell of a necro. 2 years and 2 months ain't a small number.

#41 Posted by Branwulf (391 posts) -

Shame about 1UP, The 1UP Show and 1UP Yours were actually really good, then all the cool people got fired : /

#42 Posted by SaturdayNightSpecials (2233 posts) -

Christ, Shane was the most annoying podcaster ever. His humor played on Broken Pixels but whenever he talked in some dumb voice on this show I wanted to slap him.

#43 Posted by Yanngc33 (4496 posts) -

I thought 1up's podcast was called "4 guys 1up" man I haven't listened in a while

#44 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -
@Skytylz said:
" This is actually how I heard of 1up!  I googled 1up yours to download some of the old podcasts and this was on the first page lol. "
Nobody cares you clown. 

"this is how i found out about 1up! lol!"
#45 Posted by Afroman269 (7388 posts) -

*heart race increases. *looks at date of OP. WHY NECRO THIS?!?!?!

#46 Posted by ShoundshLikeFunf (6 posts) -
@Napalm said:
" @Skytylz said:
" This is actually how I heard of 1up!  I googled 1up yours to download some of the old podcasts and this was on the first page lol. "
Nobody cares you clown.  "this is how i found out about 1up! lol!" "
Oh right, this is why I haven't used a message board in at least five years.
#47 Posted by Skytylz (4015 posts) -
@ShoundshLikeFunf said:
" @Napalm said:
" @Skytylz said:
Oh right, this is why I haven't used a message board in at least five years. "
I'm glad I necroed this, i meant to say Giant Bomb but I was kinda rushing since I had to get off.
#48 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -
@ShoundshLikeFunf said:
" @Napalm said:
" @Skytylz said:
Nobody still cares, for the record.
#49 Posted by Skytylz (4015 posts) -
@Napalm said:
" @ShoundshLikeFunf said:
" @Napalm said:
" @Skytylz said:
Nobody still cares, for the record. "
I don't care that nobody cares.  Thanks for keeping this on the front page too.  
#50 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -
@Skytylz: Your necro bump is why this is even on the front page, bro. It's nice to know this podcast still exists, and I really wouldn't be giving you so much shit if you had a really cool post to go along with your bump, but you didn't. So, yeah.