5,000 subscribers by 10amPST on 9/10 and the Bombcast goes free.

ThePilgrums

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#651  Edited By ThePilgrums

I'm not sure if you're aware, but Giant Bomb is (the biggest) part of Whiskey Media. So money does go to them. Talk about getting out on a technicality, dude.

CharleyTony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 7

#652  Edited By CharleyTony

I am happy that they wont split it after all. The Bombcast is probably the biggest draw for new users of the site. It is what made me join and follow the other whiskey sites.
yakityyakblah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#653  Edited By yakityyakblah
@ThePilgrums said:
" I'm not sure if you're aware, but Giant Bomb is (the biggest) part of Whiskey Media. So money does go to them. Talk about getting out on a technicality, dude. "
Based on the BLLSL Comic Vine is a site solely about nerds arguing about which superhero would beat the other one and Anime Vice apparently doesn't exist. Screened kicks ass though and the guys from Tested are awesome. 

Anyway, I'll be the first to promise that I will not bitch about whatever the subscribers get as long as it doesn't take away from anything else on the site. Though fuck you very much guy who said everyone would bitch anyway. People with your attitude are the reason it's so hard to tell companies when they've fucked up. Because there's usually some blithering shit head who acts like you do. Luckily Whiskey Media is clearly above that.
alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#654  Edited By alistercat
@yakityyakblah said:
Based on the BLLSL Comic Vine is a site solely about nerds arguing about which superhero would beat the other one
And gaming forums aren't about how Halo and Modern Warefare suck, and how PS3 rules and Xbox360 sucks or any combinations of any of those things? You can see the bad sides in any hobby. Too many angry internet nerds all around.
Astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#655  Edited By Astro

Great news everyone! The bombcast is free for everyone!

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#656  Edited By CL60
@yakityyakblah said:

" @ThePilgrums said:

" I'm not sure if you're aware, but Giant Bomb is (the biggest) part of Whiskey Media. So money does go to them. Talk about getting out on a technicality, dude. "
Based on the BLLSL Comic Vine is a site solely about nerds arguing about which superhero would beat the other one and Anime Vice apparently doesn't exist "
Okay, firstly, what? ComicVine is awesome. Secondly, AnimeVice has no staff, it's run by freelancers. I love it when people who play video games call comic book fans nerds.
yakityyakblah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#657  Edited By yakityyakblah
@CL60 said:
" @yakityyakblah said:

" @ThePilgrums said:

Based on the BLLSL Comic Vine is a site solely about nerds arguing about which superhero would beat the other one and Anime Vice apparently doesn't exist "
Okay, firstly, what? ComicVine is awesome. Secondly, AnimeVice has no staff, it's run by freelancers. I love it when people who play video games call comic book fans nerds. "
I have never ever in all my years ever heard any video game website argue about whether Masterchief would beat Link in a fight. Nor have I seen the same even come from a message board. There are console wars I guess, but those people are called out on being idiots for doing things like that.  

Also, I like that you assume that I don't read comic books, I'm guessing you also assume I don't watch anime. I watch lots of anime, I read comic books. I am not outside of the market of any of these websites. I am going on my impressions based on what I've seen. Anime Vice is indeed a decent site, but it's still solely freelancers, that holds it back. 

And I'm not basing my impressions on some stereotype or prejudice. They were on BLLSL and what did they do? They argued about which comic book character would beat the other. The match ups didn't even seem to have any rhyme or reason to them. Why couldn't they have reviewed a comic book, or talked about what they were excited about, or... anything that amounted to more than nerds arguing?
RuisuX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#658  Edited By RuisuX
@yakityyakblah said:
I have never ever in all my years ever heard any video game website argue about whether Masterchief would beat Link in a fight. Nor have I seen the same even come from a message board.

Then you haven't been to many video game message boards.
ThePilgrums

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#659  Edited By ThePilgrums
@yakityyakblah said: 
I have never ever in all my years ever heard any video game website argue about whether Masterchief would beat Link in a fight. Nor have I seen the same even come from a message board.
You're right. That would be dumb. Link vs. Cloud Strife on the other hand... THERE'S a GameFAQs thread in the making! 
elephantjewls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#660  Edited By elephantjewls

I'm so glad this is all over...
 ...ok so people will probably still keep bitching about this but at least this means the bombcast format will stay the same. Right? I mean they have no reason to change it since it won't be split. A different format would just be weird. AND I DON'T LIKE THINGS THAT ARE DIFFERENT. But seriously, I'm glad I'll still get the full bombcast when I cancel my subscription next month.

yakityyakblah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#661  Edited By yakityyakblah
@RuisuX said:
" @yakityyakblah said:
Then you haven't been to many video game message boards. "
Well yeah on Gamefaqs, but I excluded the mentally challenged.
Nephrahim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#662  Edited By Nephrahim

Man, I can't wait to see what the GB dudes say about it on the next Bombcast.

yakityyakblah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#663  Edited By yakityyakblah

I expect the first five minutes to be awkward. 

"Soooooo... you know.... uhhh, you know how we ummm.... like told you all.... you know with the podcast... how we we're gonna split ti.... uhhh.... nevermind."

misfittoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#664  Edited By misfittoy
@Zidane_24: 

@Zidane_24 said:
"   http://twitter.com/whiskeymedia/status/24237025965   "The Bombcast is officially free for everyone... Forever. Thanks everyone! A replacement for subscribers (something new!) coming next week. " "

Oh thank the Lord!  I was worried about all the issues this was going to cause.  This makes everyone's life easier...even Ryan Davis doesn't need to edit the Bombcast in half anymore.
HereAllDay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#665  Edited By HereAllDay

Man, I fucking love you guys, seriously.

ClamFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#666  Edited By ClamFTW

Let the rampant speculation of what delights await subscribers post this glorious correction begin!

i.e., where is my fucking Endurance Run 3.0?

yakityyakblah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#667  Edited By yakityyakblah
@ClamFTW said:
" Let the rampant speculation of what delights await subscribers post this glorious correction begin!  i.e., where is my fucking Endurance Run 3.0? "
No, they said it would be something new. If they took an existing feature and made it exclusive they'd be in the same boat they just got out of. It's got to be something wholly new.
Cedstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#668  Edited By Cedstick

I have no effing idea what is going on. Link?

Nevermind, finally found all the info (without having to listen to the hour-long podcast.)

TheJasonSigler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#669  Edited By TheJasonSigler

Just an update if anyone still cares, looks like Ryan just confirmed on Twitter that the Bombcast will remain free. 

taswell    
It's free! For everyone. Forever! RT @el33tcapitan: @taswell So what's the status on the Bombcast?    

SquadBroken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#670  Edited By SquadBroken

So if the Bombcast is staying the same is it really worth subscribing?

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#671  Edited By SeriouslyNow
@JudgeDread said:
" why the f should I pay for stuff I do not want?  I could not care less about any content on whiskey media besides GiantBomb. Yet the money goes to Whiskey Media and not Giant Bomb. so no I will not subscribe "
GiantBomb ARE WhiskeyMedia and WhiskeyMedia ARE GiantBomb.  Are you stupid and stupid are you?
JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#672  Edited By JJWeatherman
@SquadBroken said:
" So if the Bombcast is staying the same is it really worth subscribing? "
If you like supporting cool dudes, than yes.
Avatar image for deactivated-59fb4bc479490
deactivated-59fb4bc479490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

I am eternally glad this happened.  I was considering just leaving the podcast altogether because I didn't want to have to deal with being two weeks behind on the conversation just because I can't afford to pay for it.   

Thank you all for being so damn awesome and helping punks like me with no money to get through the shit week.