#1 Posted by kevinpyon (50 posts) -

Thought of before? Thoughts on the idea? I think an idea of a monthly Bombcast where the guys answer questions from only members could be fun.

#2 Posted by Branthog (7349 posts) -

I think it would be fun to do a Desert Bus style fundraiser, but instead of playing a game, we just lock ALL of them up in a too-small room with podcasting and video recording equipment and the more we keep donating to the charity (or the site) the longer they have to all stay and live in the tiny room and we all have to agree that no matter what happens in the room NONE OF US CALL THE POLICE.

Or . . . your idea might be fun, too.

#3 Posted by Mayu_Zane (606 posts) -

You mean only premium members can ask them questions and get the answers, or only premium members can ask but everyone can hear the answers?

I think everybody should be able to ask them stuff.

#4 Posted by kevinpyon (50 posts) -

I guess either one could work, but I was thinking of an incentive for them to accumulate more premium members - maybe to solve the problem with trying to monetize the podcast.

#5 Posted by raidingkvatch (1149 posts) -

I like the idea of a premium member q&a bombcast. Maybe livestrem so they can have skype call-ins too?

#6 Posted by kidman (465 posts) -

Delicious idea!

#7 Posted by MEATBALL (3097 posts) -

Dave kind of used to do this, though they were skype calls rather than e-mails.

#8 Posted by Vonocourt (2123 posts) -

They have done some email-only bombcasts before, mostly at year's end. As for it being a livestream with skype calls, well they did do this when Whiskey Media Happy Hour was still a thing...and they usually weren't that great. Not saying all of them were bad, but there were quite a few joke calls that soured the whole deal. Never really got into Dave Radio, mostly because they happened while I worked, but from what I saw the questions didn't seem that bad or forced.

But eh, I'm all for them trying it.

#9 Posted by MattyFTM (14354 posts) -

So like Dave's radio show? Or like Jar Time? There are already two features on the site for answering questions from subscribers, do we really need a third?

#10 Posted by MjHealy (1830 posts) -

But there is already a bi-monthly show where we ask the guys questions over Skype.

#11 Posted by Fallen189 (4944 posts) -

Seeing as they already don't do e-mails, I don't see it happening

#12 Posted by chrismafuchris (1088 posts) -

They've done listener mail only episodes in the past, usually late in December when nothing is going on. I'm not sure if they've done one recently, though.