#1 Posted by Dudders (11 posts) -

A few times the crew have discussed the problems with making an Alien or Aliens game. Making them scary and feel like a tough long lasting enemy rather than just standard bullet fodder is a challenge.

They have also discussed previously the issue with light-sabers in Star Wars games, and how you can't have a one-hit-kill bullet repelling sword in games.

Can you see where I'm going with this?

Aliens Vs. Jedi. The perfect match of an unstoppable weapon versus an unyielding foe. The Kickstarter will be up soon ;)

#2 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3866 posts) -

Jedi win as long as they're not massively outnumbered. Light Saber seems like a bad idea though. You don't wanna be that close to acid blood.

#3 Posted by believer258 (11898 posts) -

The only way that would work is if lightsabers cauterize wounds in Aliens. Jedi might be good at knocking away bullets but I seriously doubt that one thin lightsaber could deflect a large spray of concentrated acid.

Also, we can't even be certain that Force Push and/or Choke would really work all that well on xenomorphs. Pushing them depends heavily on the environment for damage, otherwise you're just pissing them off, and we don't know where or how they breathe.

Yes, I'm something of a nerd. Get over it.

#4 Posted by ArtisanBreads (3834 posts) -

Jedi should win but who knows how much they fucked it up. Still bitter over seeing them all get so easily murdered. Funny the prequels made the jedi both simultaneously more powerful and less powerful.

#5 Posted by WolfHazard (471 posts) -

I bet Goku could take a whole squadron of both Aliens and Jedi, without even going SSJ3.

#6 Edited by maxB (314 posts) -

@believer258: they could force push the acid back into the alien's face. I think one jedi equals about 5 aliens

#7 Edited by LTSmash (624 posts) -

Yeah, but Batman would win if he had time to prepare...

I'm sorry.

#8 Posted by MB (12385 posts) -

@TheSouthernDandy said:

Jedi win as long as they're not massively outnumbered. Light Saber seems like a bad idea though. You don't wanna be that close to acid blood.

If lightsabers cauterize xenomorph wounds like every other creature, then there wouldn't be any blood whatsoever.

#9 Posted by project343 (2824 posts) -

@believer258: Force barriers and force lightning, son.

#10 Posted by TheSlothKing (332 posts) -

@WolfHazard: I bet Krillin could take them out.

#11 Posted by HistoryInRust (6309 posts) -

Thread title is "Aliens underpowered in games."

Thread is about whether Jedi can kill Xenomorphs.

#12 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -

Aliens are plenty powerful in Natural Selection II. The crew should probably have played that game on TNT instead of Mass Effect 3 for the second time.

or covering 2 year old iOS games. Kappa.

#13 Posted by squiDc00kiE (352 posts) -

@Dudders said:

Aliens Vs. Jedi. The perfect match of an unstoppable weapon versus an unyielding foe. The Kickstarter will be up soon ;)

Great. Here. Take all my money.

#14 Posted by believer258 (11898 posts) -
@maxB

@believer258: they could force push the acid back into the alien's face. I think one jedi equals about 5 aliens

What makes you think it will burn the outside of their skin if it does nothing to the inside?
#15 Posted by hermes (1478 posts) -

Both Jedis and aliens are bound to the Law of Conservation of Ninjutsu, as shown in Episode 2 and Aliens, respectively. One alien is a threat, One thousand aliens are target practice...

So, most likely, they will kill each other until a single Jedi Master faces the Alien Queen, at which point it can go either way (my money is on the Jedi because of his telekinesis).

#16 Edited by Pr1mus (3904 posts) -

Can you mind trick an Alien? If so the Siths wins.

#17 Posted by StealthRaptor (528 posts) -

@MB: I recall the arm Obi-Wan cut off at the beginning of A New Hope being bloody.